SOTD : Saturday 18th June - Friday 24th June. 2022.

Monday 20th June
Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Monsavon au lait - Cadman Custom - Williams Aqua Velva - Aloe Vera Gel
EqIBBOT.jpg

Sunday 19th June

Soap • Signature Soaps Coria
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • PolSilver Wizamet (1)
Post • Puig Quorum Aftershave

First pass was OK, not as smooth as expected. Second pass wasn't great, and I picked up some weepers.
What's to blame . . .me, the blade or the lather?. . . . .I suspect the blade. These have always suited me, and usually pair well in this razor.
Anyway - it's now been binned . . . .bring on the mighty Silver Blue for my next shave.

SOTD Saturday ( 18.06.22 )
Soap – Yaqi The Green (sample)
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor - Wilkinson Sticky
Blade – Shark SS
A/S – Yaqi The Green (sample)
Balm – Lea 3in1

SOTD 51.jpg

SOTD 20.06.22
Soap – Meissner Mint Ice Menthol
Brush – Vie Long synthetic
Razor – Wilkinson Sticky
Blade – GSB (2)
A/S & Balm – Proraso Green

I’ve had a couple of shaves with the Sticky now and I found it extremely smooth and easy. It felt quite mild but still efficient enough for a DFS.
The main thing I noticed with this razor is just how safe it feels. It really feels like you would be hard pushed to cut yourself with it but it’s still doing a grand job with each pass. Very nice.
If I was a daily shaver I could see me reaching for this quite a bit.

Have a great day and enjoy your shaves.

Monday 20th June

AM-JKLVko86BDnU659bgDR1dV2fy8bSbtnmMWQ4oF8yheUGGa5oziFXTgAF9JGGLnD0dX77jY9Lcpi1-SOcqLGzP2iR6mbVCZrw4JWf-O2MHa6iTYDmCdIvR0Zsa_Rh0aafdDj1Fw0ydhsHtBMgWoA69rtptbA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap
DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Labs Exfoliating Razor & Gillette Labs Cartridge (6)
Coty Musk Aftershave

Put in mind by the Jovan Musk thread, I dug into the archives in the loft for my bottle of Coty Musk which is a very close relative. As it happens, Jovan Musk came into House of Coty and has been sold by them. Whether they already had their own Musk or whether Jovan was the inspiration, I don't know ... but what I do know is, Coty Musk is kinda what you think Jovan Musk really should smell like. How? Well, it's a bit more ... erm, acrid? pissy? musky? Less on the warm spice and more on the hangover piss. In a good, way, of course ...

I'll vary the aftershaves, but this week is now setup for shaving with the Gillette Labs format and La Savonniere du Moulin lathered with the Synbad knot that I fitted into the tall DSC handle. Fun technique there is to bloom the soap and then form a proto-lather with the brush fully dry. It loads up really well and the size of the knot means the initial proto-lather still requires more water.

80D58639-3CB4-4A77-8DB6-E75956069BEC.jpeg
SOTD: 20/06/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

2nd day of my new shaving routine. It was a great 2nd shave with the Hone and I can tell I’m going to enjoy a few days with each of my razors. Obviously you can’t go wrong with the mighty Tabac and my favourite brush, so it was a great start to the week.

SOTD from a couple of nights back and hence themed 'Useless'

20220619_165211.jpg

Useless razor - Stainless Colonial General
Useless blade - Feather Professional
Useless brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Useless soap - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Useless aftershave balm - L'Occitane Cade
Useless scent - ADP Assoluta

'And repeat after me. This man is useless'

Fortunately it wasn't a useless shave and very happy bunnyism from a bunch of top notch gear.

Be excellent you chaps and let's have some excellent ladies from Japan to wind up this useless SOTD.........

SOTD : 21st June 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Lather: Kent luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade : Ming Shi MP-063. (D1)
Razor: Yintal 9306-I.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Summer Solstice Shave.

It's been while since i last added the Yintal 9306-I to my razor rotation paired together with the which mowed through my stubble with ease feeling comfortable and smooth.

Like all my other Chinese super-speed clones the Yintal 9306-i, has provided me comfortable irritation-free shaves with each outing....What more can i ask for.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy the Summer Solstice ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 21-June
20220620_115419.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth' V15
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Mergress
Blade: GSB (1)

Up next is another kind loan, I've never tried a mergress before, I've seen them and been intrigued but never got around to it. First thing that strikes me, beyond the shine, is the weight. Much heavier than I expected and feels substantial in the hand, a good thing for me.

Took to the face and off I went. The angle was easily found and glided over the face. I'd started off lower so wasn't sure how effective it would be but after the first pass it was actually very good. I was expecting the bulky looking head to perhaps hinder under the nose but no such issue. Second pass, same experience, a very good finish. Perhaps not as close as it could be but we'll see over the next few days as I edge up the scale.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

56CB2651-A0C3-49BA-B047-DD8F580ECCC3.jpeg
SOTD: 21/06/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Great final third day with the Hone, and it’s been great having more time with a single razor. The Synbad combined with a softer than usual soap, (due to the heat maybe?) created a mountain of lather, all of which made for an amazing shave!
Enjoy your day guys.

20220621_082722.jpg
A repeat of yesterday's recipe. Barts pre tester (last drop of the lovely lime one boo hoo)
Extro Arancia Italiana
Semogue 820
63 Ball end Tech, 7 O'clock Permasharp stainless (2)
Bio oil and Álvarez Gómez AdC concentrada.

Well I was hoping to get this smoother than yesterday, but I failed to remember until the first couple of strokes that I had loosened the top cap, so got off to a rough start! Soon realised and the rest went without issue. Plenty of water in the soap today. I love the smell of it. More citrus to finish. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom