SOTD : Saturday 18th June - Friday 24th June. 2022.

SOTD : 18th June 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face Lather.
Lather : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Ming Shi MP-063. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings) Face & Head: 3-wtg,3-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

(Chinese Razor & Blade Week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a long time since i used my Ming Shi 2000s. Maiden shave with the Ming Shi MP-063 blade, which came free with the razor....The verdict?....I will be honest and say when ever i get free blades with a razor i normally avoid them like the plague but i was curious to try them out however i did have another tried & tested Chinese made blade on standby just in case the Ming Shi MP-063 felt below the grade and not up to the standard that i require .. After i had done my usual hand-stropping to remove any burrs or imaginary ones from the blade edges, as i do with any new blade before i pair it together with the razor the Ming Shi 2000s razor & blade duo paired together really well they are not the sharpest of blades, but felt smooth and efficient, and most importantly caused no 'blood sport' to the shave performance.

The Ming Shi 2000s razor alone, like most of my more assertive razor's has improved my shaving confidence and technique multitude.

I never thought in a million years I would use such an efficient razor especially for a head shave...practicing my technique has gave me the shaving confidence to do so.

An enjoyable acceptable close face & head shave with errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face and precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt220618h9k4y.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Sunny Lane (with Valobra Menthol)
- Alpha Classic Synthetic
- Mühle Kosmo with ASP blade
- Myrsol Formula C aftershave

:D

Todays shave
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA wow signal 2020
Splash: PAA wow signal 2020
Balm: PAA wow signal 2020
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: permasharp 3rd use

1st pass setting 5
2nd pass setting 4
3rd pass setting 3

went for a 3 pass shave this morning another shave with the Rex and permasharp And another good shave the two really work well when paired also decided to use the wow signal great lather and really nice scent have a great weekend
20220618_074724.jpg20220618_075155.jpg20220618_074757.jpg

288325100_5355302604515811_2972340514017393663_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Winner (2)

The perfect setup for an expedition into the darkest nether regions of Liverpool's Baltic Triangle in search of craft beer today;)

FU9z6o3X0AAIjKL.jpg

Saturday 18th June

Semogue 2020 Badger - HWF #1 - RazoRock V2/Proshave S - Yardley Classic EDP

My last weekend scheduled shift before I retire....though that may change as COVID is decimating the staff numbers.
The Proshave blades are not the sharpest in the box....but they are adequate.

3 passes for a very smooth and close shave:)

Sat 18 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Persona X Series 25th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Orange Empire
Forgotten how good is this soap. The scent is very good in smell and strength...and the lather...wow, thickly creamy and very slick...excellent!!
Today's shave with my oldest DE razor (which can be cranky) paired with this well-used blade was exceptional! Seems like they are made for each other! 3 super nice, smooth, and efficient passes without any issues for a bbs finish. The blade is just amazing...able to be paired with quite a number of razors easily and still has no signs of giving up...let's see how far it can go...The aftershaves were fantastic...
20220618_114844.jpg

18/06/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - 7 o' Clock SP Black
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Dior Savage
Wk 25 (1).JPG
Feeling clean, smooth and refreshed for the day ahead.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

18 June

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Mühle Kosmo
Tatara Nodachi
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

9080E243-E29A-4515-9672-64AA6F5FC72A.jpeg
The Tatara Masamune Nodachi arrived yesterday, and I couldn’t wait to try it out. I was hoping for a close shave, and I got one. The shave was very smooth with a GSB (on it’s third shave). A close and very comfortable shave. I was a bit worried about that smooth handle, but it gave no problems with grip at all during the shave. An excellent first spin with the Nodachi.

Themed 'Caravan life' welcome to my first entry for this week...

20220617_191808.jpg

Weekend over at my brother's caravan in North Wales and learning the art of small living. Still, if I can get a decent shave in then happiness prevails. And this one was pretty damn super.

Small life - Tatara Nodachi
Small piece of stainless - Polsilver Lodz
Small brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Little tin of soap - Signature Soaps Valentia
Small private parts - M&S cedarwood

'Mmmmmm?'

Have lovely weekends you fantastic forum folk and have some Japanese ladies.....

An excellent first spin with the Nodachi.

They are rather good aren't they?

3E2F46F9-1963-4DEE-9FB4-B1567574983B.jpeg
SOTD: 18/06/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 5th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lothur Juice Croap
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb Saturday shave! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Back
Top Bottom