SOTD : Saturday 18th June - Friday 24th June. 2022.

SOTD 18-June
20220614_124505.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: B&M Passiflora
Razor: Gillette Slim (3)
Blade: GSB (1)

Ok so I've found a lower limit for myself, or rather a setting that might require a little more practice. I had to go over a couple of spots a few times which led to a bit of feedback on the AS. For me level 5 and above were effortless. I'll try again on this setting rather than going lower but I think for me this razor sings at the higher settings. Despite that I still ended up with a smooth finish so not bad.

@Digimonkey the great enabler I may see one of these in my future ;). I'll give it another bash at this setting and another go on something in the upper range again!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday:
In expectation of another hot day, I went for the Razorock Blue Barbershop. It performed excellently, but the decent weather has fuc**d off and it's 20 degrees cooler than yesterday!

Again a fairly good shave from the KCG razor and blade. There only down side is that if your fingers move off the knurled part of the handle, it's more slippery than a slippy thing in a bag of slippy things!

Attachments

• IMG_20220618_100354__01.jpg
    IMG_20220618_100354__01.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 4
Saturday 19th June

AM-JKLUOYGNAMPzM78UUg35ywY2Vzp-dukSAqVWU-3hTrw_MsE6VGLqXX5Pt78Rw9EO-7_UXDf79X4TsPjrm7aA7qRlN2Qmn6U7Lyd4Hq-sFpmKFuy-8zhSk0_ZDwqORYOZSzv6URk7-arawAPpn_9CCNt0ZDQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meissner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Rasierpaste
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft NoirSynthetic 24mm
Yaqi Mercury & Super Gillette Blue
Meissner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Aftershave

... a new razor, to me.

I popped my best blade in so there could be no question as to how this razor performed. Clearly inspired by vintage Merkur, it is one heavy beast with all the appearance of the weapon of some Teutonic god and absolutely none of the finesse of, say, the Muhle Rocca which shares a very similar design in the baseplate.

The shave was fine. The end tabs are covered, so absolutely no ability to align the blade but thankfully it aligned without a hitch. Not too hard to find the sweet spot for the angle and I was able to achieve my good single pass shave, but around the nose was a trial. The head is too high to go in and scoop, the baseplate being as wide as the tab covering long head is too long to allow the corners of the blade near the face. This last point is what puts me off a lot of modern razors.

I did not enjoy the razor much but got a perfectly good shave from it. I'd rather a Rocca or a Tech, any day.

I'll be giving it another go tomorrow ...

Sat 18 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Persona X Series 25th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Orange Empire
Forgotten how good is this soap. The scent is very good in smell and strength...and the lather...wow, thickly creamy and very slick...excellent!!
Today's shave with my oldest DE razor (which can be cranky) paired with this well-used blade was exceptional! Seems like they are made for each other! 3 super nice, smooth, and efficient passes without any issues for a bbs finish. The blade is just amazing...able to be paired with quite a number of razors easily and still has no signs of giving up...let's see how far it can go...The aftershaves were fantastic...
View attachment 89437
Amazing lathering. It looks like a cone of ice cream. What's the secret?

Sun 19 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash + Frost Drops
What can I say...over lathered again with the excellent soap in combination with the excellent brush! Love the scent...
Finally, have time for a relaxing shave with one of my favorite straight razors... a gentle giant despite the heft because of the smooth and comfortable edge. 3passes without any issues for a ccs/sas result. The matching aftershave with some frost drops was great!
20220619_121447.jpg

SOTD : 19th June 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Soap Bowl.
Blade:Ming Shi MP-063.(D2)
Razor: Ying jili 8306L. ( 7'0clock Stirling tech copy. )

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Chinese Ying jili 8306L" 7'0clock Stirling tech copy " is one of two that was passed on to me by a work mate.

The razor is very light in weight due to the plastic handle ,but hey! what do you expect considering that most razors are overly mass-produced and the price which in my case both razors cost me 'zilch',i shouldn't gripe!.

I have tried pairing the razor head up with a heavier handle which made it feel noticeably more solid when shaving. Nonetheless with or without the heavier handle it gives a good acceptable shave without any safety issues....An ideal travel razor.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling 'BRUT' divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom