SOTD: Saturday 18th January - Friday 24th January 2020.

20/1/20

Soap - Mr Vicco
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Shark Chrome
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

I've not really been enjoying my shaves that much for the last few weeks, I've not been shaving as regular as I would normally and when I do it's about trying to make my face look a little more presentable! I've had a cold for the last few days and I did enjoy today's shave a fair amount than I have done recently.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.
It's hard to enjoy a shave with a shark ;)

Monday evening

La Toja stick
RazoRock BC
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon SS
Polsilver SI (4)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Speick after shave

Third outing for the La Toja. It really is a great soap; rich, cushiony lather in no time. The Polsilver is holding up well too. Having used an R89 variant on the last two or three shaves, I thought it was time for its big brother.

An excellent shave ensued. 3 passes for a very smooth finish.

F977AD07-9AB6-4CBF-BF13-BF0276F31D31.jpeg

20/01/20

Razor: Merkur 41C (1904)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: FS G4
Soap: BS Maca Root & Aloe
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red
ASB: Creightons

IMG_20200120_184809.jpg

It's been a while since I last used the Maca Root and I'd forgotten how good this cream is. The feather and 41C combination works and I've had two good shaves on the trot with it. I think I prefer SB razors over their OC siblings though.

Today's theme for my shave was 'シェービング天国'

IMG_20200120_194830.jpg

かみそり - Brass Colonial General
ブレード - Kai Captain
シェービングブラシ - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
シェービングソープ - ADP Colonia
アフターシェーブ - ADP Colonia
におい - TOBS Eton

This is one of those times when you really have to trust that Google translate is sometimes correct and I haven't just caused an international diplomatic incident. I once trusted it when I worked in Mexico and my Mexican colleague was a bit bewildered as to how I'd managed to get the word tapeworm in to a business conversation.

Usual waffle

After another extended period of no shaving this was a very welcome clean and freshen up exercise. And did it work.

The General is one razor I can always call upon to deliver the goods. Fuss free to fuzz free in 10 minutes. The Kai is a little more 'user friendly' in comparison to the Proline and yet gives very much the same finish. A really trusty pairing.

The brush and soap being the best of British meets the best of Italian. And very my h likewise with the aftershave balm and aftershave scent.

Altogether 1つの大きなひげそりと幸福

Feeling incredibly smooth, refreshed and Heavenly scented, but shhhhh don't tell everyone

And what a better way to end a partially Japanese themed shave than with some choice soothing Japanese music

6rHvNk1.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Scent: Terre D'Hermes EdT

Just love the scent on this soap - it is also an excellent performer.

SOTD : 21st January 2020.

o.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.

Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (1)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~Comfort Cologne + Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The inexpensive WS shaving trio worked together superbly. It just goes to show you don't need to spend a great amount on shaving products to a great shave. There is something Satisfying about it..The truth be known, for me anyway is it's a great excuse and reason to keep using shaving products i've hardly used for some time.

A Comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky Smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Arko ~ Comfort Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom