SOTD: Saturday 18th January - Friday 24th January 2020.

Date:- 20 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Darkfall (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R89 attached to iKon Bulldog / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20)& Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

20/01/2020
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vintage 1950's Vulfix Service #3
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor: Karve SB - C - SS
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

3. mon.JPG

A buttery smooth shave with the Karve SS today, the Wizamet Iridium Super still going strong and shaving as well as its 1st outing.
Another super Lather from the Stirling soap, i am really enjoying this soap rotation.
Nothing from the Alum Block, the Barts Balm Lotion and Balm doing their thing and finishing with a good splash of Old Spice Original. a great match for the soap.
BBS, Feeling and Smelling good.
Enjoy your day All.

Monday 20th January
Alpha Outlaw - OSP Vintage Cream - TNNSER 3D Transparent - GEM SSC #6 - Old Spice original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
QlkIrQJ.jpg

1B645CDB-ABE3-4F18-8DF8-10BB20B0E047.jpeg

SOTD 01/20/20

Good morning to all on this bright and sunny Martin Luther King day here in Philadelphia. At this point I cry uncle and concede. Off to RE for a checkup! There's something off with my Rex. The same issues cropped up at setting 3 and setting 1. First, it didn't shave well, and continues to drag, so rather than plow ahead with the kind of facial and dome damage experienced yesterday, I set it aside and finished with my Gibbs on setting 6, which delivered the kind of delightful shave I enjoy in the mornings. The beauty of the Gibbs design is that even at the widest blade gap, only the efficiency increases, not the aggression. My well-loved MWF did its usual fine job of providing the glistening, yogurty cushion I prefer for my shaves. Just a shoutout to Jim Roe(@Jayaruh) of Jayaruh Custom Brushes. His long rosewood handled Silvertip Badger has worked beautifully for me! I find myself reaching for it more and more frequently. I own 4 of his brushes, and everyone delivers the goods! So what started off on a low note finished on a high one. SWMBO is traveling, so I broke out the Chatillon Lux AS to top off a great shave! Two pass near BBS on the face and dome - I had to precede a bit cautiously around the damaged areas from yesterday, I feel clean, smooth and refreshed! I hope everyone enjoys their day! I know I will!

RAZOR: Gibbs #17 (6)
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Chatillon Lux AS

Mon 20th Jan.

Omega 11137boar
Lea Classic soap
Occams- Enoch
Feather Proguard [ 1 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

I need to make am apology to this Razor for the scathing remarks made after my last Shave with it. IMHO the blade retaining pins/lugs are too shallow so it is easy to displace a blade whilst tightening the cap,must have used it with blade out of kilter.
Today made sure the fresh blade was located/locked down properly. Though not the quickest of Shaves, it was very smooth and comfortable with a good close all round finish.

IMG_0450.jpg

20/1/20

Soap - Mr Vicco
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Shark Chrome
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

I've not really been enjoying my shaves that much for the last few weeks, I've not been shaving as regular as I would normally and when I do it's about trying to make my face look a little more presentable! I've had a cold for the last few days and I did enjoy today's shave a fair amount than I have done recently.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

Back
Top Bottom