SOTD: Saturday 18th January - Friday 24th January 2020.

18/01/2020
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Lime
Razor: Feather SS ACS-NB
Blade: Feather PB (7)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash,
Balm: Bart's Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S: Aqua Velva Musk

1 Sat.JPG

2 Confident passes with the Feather resulting in a DFS finish.
I enjoy using the Stirling Soaps the scent are strong & the lather is very good, slick and cushioning.
A matching post shave carrying the lime citrus scent along from the Barts Balm Lotion and Balm finishing with a splash of Aqua Velva Musk.
Enjoy your day All

EA57A3A2-6172-46C0-9405-5BB531F5C71D.jpeg

SOTD 01/18/20

Why does my Rex Ambassador dislike me? My Gibbs #17 Adjustable easily meets my dual criterion (cf face AND head shave proven) even with its short handle. In fact, the handle is shorter and the razor lighter than the Rex which is modeled after it! Clearly, a tool can't harbor negative feelings. So there must be some aspect of my technique (that's) the problem. I'm going to spend the next couple of shaves focusing on the Rex.
The shave today was relatively uneventful. The MWF provided its usual comfortable cushion and the Gibbs delivered a two pass DFS without incident. One point of departure between the original and its homage is that the head design is different with respect to blade exposure and cap curvature. The Gibbs has a neutral blade exposure while the Rex appears very slightly positive, at least on my particular model. Curvature on the cap is flatter than the Rex as well. That may be why a 6 on the Gibbs does provide more efficiency without a corresponding increase in aggression. Both head and face shaves on the Gibbs were completed on setting 6 leaving me feeling quite smooth. If I attempted the same setting on the Rex, I'd end up scalping myself. I can handle a face shave on the maximum setting on both razors. It's the rear of the dome where the rubber hits the road, or in my case, the blade my scalp. I've always shaved the back of my head ATG in one pass. It works fine with the Gibbs, never an issue. Every time I've used the Rex in the same fashion it bites. This happens even on a lower setting. The Rex gets four more chances, this time WTG or XTG. If it continues to bite, it goes!

RAZOR: Gibbs Adjustable #17
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Ariana & Evans Post-Shave Serum

Saturday AM 2020-01-18

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
Wolfman WR1-SB/WRH1
Personna P74 Tungsten (8)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave
1MfyVhE.jpg

SOTD : 19th January 2020.

n.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl / Boots Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream.

Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum.(2)

Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving Anti-Irritation ASLB.

Old Spice ~ Bearglove Aftershave Spray.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.Every shave that i've had with the 1950's ball end tech has been a pleasurable experience,these vintage ladies are such smooth comfortable shavers that where made to last.

The WS Soap bowl/ Boots cologne lather shave cream was another great combo, creating a excellent Superlather for the shave with no drying out issues leaving a equally good post shave feel.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Old Spice ~ Bearglove Aftershave Spray.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

19/01/2020

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor: Mongoose B3
Blade: Kai Captain Sharpblade (11)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Lotion & Balm
Aftershave: DR Harris bay Rum

2. Sun.JPG

A very nice start to my Sunday rituals.
Enjoy your Day All

Date:- 19 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Massacre of the Innocents (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Back
Top Bottom