SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

20 November

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Chubby 2
Mühle R101
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

80AC7897-3910-4BB2-975B-1C216B99C273.jpeg
Inspired by @ekeko shave yesterday I took the R101 from the back of the cupboard, where it had last been cast aside. I loaded a Feather and that familiar squeaky smooth finish was obtained in two passes. This is a razor that rewards a steeper shaving angle with a smoother shave. Very good.

Well it's been a while since I have used the forum (to my eternal shame!) but I met with Brian (Signature Soaps) on Saturday at our local market and procured a new "Novus Spice" shaving soap. Now as my other half ably pointed out "you've got loads of soaps why on earth do you need another one" but she misses 2 key points -
1) the scent is just lovely - cinnamon and citrus - it really is evocative of the original Old Spice, and
2) the ideal number of soaps is N+1 where N is the number you already own (pinched from the cycling community where it is applied to bikes)

Anyway just used the soap this morning and it is just lovely - all the usual Signature comfort and feel with that lovely scent - and I'm not even usually that keen on cinnamon! (Too much time in the US where they add it to eveerything).

And I will be shaving more now - having been been semi-retired for a while I have only been shaving every 7-10 days mainly using either the Tedalus shavette or the Timeless .95OC. Last time out I took a chunk out of myself with the Tedalus - probably a combination of lack of attention and a blade I should have replaced earlier.
So this morning it was the Timeless 0.95 OC - which is an amazing razor - really close but will mow down a weeks worth with no hint of clogging.

Growing a bit of stubble has been OK as I've been keeping my hair short but I have started to grow my hair and -
- short hair and stubble looks OK
- longer hair and clean shaven looks OK
- longer hair and stubble looks like I've given up !!

Not trying to offend anyone here as we're all different and anyway it's a pretty good excuse to start shaving more frequently again - and set up a proper rotation of razors blades and soaps - so see you all around
Very best to this wonderful community
Paul
PS tried to upload a photo from new iPhone but it';s too big and so far my tech skills are too limited to "shrink" the image. D'oh
PPS - photo below - got to love this place - many thanks Tony

Attachments

• 5BA5CC2D-B62E-4D8C-BDA9-04BA6E4A75BB.jpeg
    5BA5CC2D-B62E-4D8C-BDA9-04BA6E4A75BB.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Monday 20th November
E-Type Schick 3D - Schick Swede #4 - Jayaruh 289 - Palmolive - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231119-142425-01.jpg
That's a fine shave set up!.:love:

I love these sticks. i have the Lavender & Sandalwood. i wish MWF would do one

You could try making your own MWF shave stick...Grated MWF/Kent, small amount of water, clingfilm rolled into a compressed stick/sausage. Hey presto!...Will it work? it's worth a try.
I made my own MWF one years ago just by grating it into this holder.I can’t remember which retailer sold them but it made it much easier for me to get a consistent amount of soap to get a great lather.
IMG_9414.jpeg

Well it's been a while since I have used the forum (to my eternal shame!) but I met with Brian (Signature Soaps) on Saturday at our local market and procured a new "Novus Spice" shaving soap. Now as my other half ably pointed out "you've got loads of soaps why on earth do you need another one" but she misses 2 key points -
1) the scent is just lovely - cinnamon and citrus - it really is evocative of the original Old Spice, and
2) the ideal number of soaps is N+1 where N is the number you already own (pinched from the cycling community where it is applied to bikes)

Anyway just used the soap this morning and it is just lovely - all the usual Signature comfort and feel with that lovely scent - and I'm not even usually that keen on cinnamon! (Too much time in the US where they add it to eveerything).

And I will be shaving more now - having been been semi-retired for a while I have only been shaving every 7-10 days mainly using either the Tedalus shavette or the Timeless .95OC. Last time out I took a chunk out of myself with the Tedalus - probably a combination of lack of attention and a blade I should have replaced earlier.
So this morning it was the Timeless 0.95 OC - which is an amazing razor - really close but will mow down a weeks worth with no hint of clogging.

Growing a bit of stubble has been OK as I've been keeping my hair short but I have started to grow my hair and -
- short hair and stubble looks OK
- longer hair and clean shaven looks OK
- longer hair and stubble looks like I've given up !!

Not trying to offend anyone here as we're all different and anyway it's a pretty good excuse to start shaving more frequently again - and set up a proper rotation of razors blades and soaps - so see you all around
Very best to this wonderful community
Paul
PS tried to upload a photo from new iPhone but it';s too big and so far my tech skills are too limited to "shrink" the image. D'oh
PPS - photo below - got to love this place - many thanks Tony
Cheers Paul. Good to see you as always. I thought N+1 to the power of 2 was the true equation! More scope for indulging. Sadly it triggers memories of having to do statistics for first two years of Degree and econometrics in the final year. Take care and stay safe. Best Regards Brian

20/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 47 (3).jpg
A very nice face lather today, this Tuxedo knot is a bit of a lather monster.
Easily enough for my 3 pass shave, the Sabre is such an easy forgiving razor to use.
Enjoy your evening all.

Back
Top Bottom