SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

SOTD: 18th November 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Lather: Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Razor: EJ DE89.'kelvin.' (Face) - Lord Silver Star. (D1)
Razor: Supply V2 (**) base plate. (Head) - Personna Injector PTFE. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

New Shave set up to start the weekend...the Proraso Blue cream which I haven't used for a while created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time. The residual slickness from this cream is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the aloe vera and vitamin E making my mature rhino skin feeling soft & moisturized. Ideal for the Autumn/Winter elements.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut Attraction Totale ASL.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday 18th November
Canadian Schick E3 - Personna Stainless #8 - Alpha Outlaw - Lea Stick - Lea Classic AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231114-214429-01.jpg

SOTD: 18/11/2023

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: PAA Green Ray
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Lea Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Aftershave
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Old School Rockabilly Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Quick Saturday shave today. Nothing to report, it just worked.

IMG_9973.jpeg

SOTD 18-Nov
20231118_110924 (1).jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: SBS Homecoming
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Decent shave with a fantastic scent. I'm on a bit of a lavender kick on the side from my normal tobacco/leather. I used to steer clear of it after early experiences with it tending to be a bit too floral, but many seem to be really adding a dark side to it, really pleasant.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 18/11/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Still surprised by the efficiency of this vintage Schick: smooth in 3 passes, without any nicks nor razorburn. And the Bignoli Violetta Di Parma produced a rich and creamy lather… It’s nearly finished, but I’ll buy it again. So…Very, very happy with my shave this morning. Enjoy the weekend and stay safe, you all!

Saturday 18 November
The Drakkant
The Tabac soap
The Permasharp blade (courtesy of @NotTheStig , cheers Carl (y) )
The butterscotch re knot badger brush

A sublime razor and blade combo, very little blade on show but boy what a close shave and no damage to facial tissue. A result.
I was however taken by surprise with the somewhat unpleasant smell coming out of the newly knotted brush bristles. I used this brush once before with nothing unusual emanating from the bristles :unsure: . The bathroom even started to smell! Maybe the bristles came from around a skunk‘s bum? Latent release perhaps of trapped gases? Have I farted? No, definitely the brush.
Anyway, the brush is now in a soapy soak in the hope of getting rid of its malodorous pong.
Shame really as the shave was excellent if a bit of a challenge holding my nose whilst I shaved :ROFLMAO:
Brush is relegated to the sink in disgrace, hence not in foto.
Have a terrific weekend fellas!

IMG_0381.jpeg

20231117_173018.jpg
SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: My-Blades (2)
Brush: RazoRock 400
Soap: Yaqi Black Pearl (Sauvage Dupe)
A/S: Yaqi Black Pearl

If you're looking for a Dior Sauvage dupe shaving soap, this might just be the one for you. MSC make this soap for Yaqi and the performance and scent is great.
The Rockwell 6C on setting 6 for the whole shave, paired with the 2nd use My-Blade was lovely, resulting in a BBS shave. Enjoy your weekend.

Back
Top Bottom