SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

Razor = Ikon B1 OSS Head
Blade Personna Lab Blue ( 1 )
Brush = C&H V16
Soap = Mastro Miche B- Owl
with matching splash.
Balm = ES Fragrance Free.
IMG_3254.jpeg
Well what’s in a name ?
B-Owl weird i know but hey the bright side was i had a 3 pass total bbs, and that’s all that matters.
I remember when i was in Norway and i first bought this razor it was far to aggressive for me but now it’s become a pussycat.
One of my favourite Razors.
The handle is the Bulldog and it’s got some heft to it, A real top performer.
Paired with the Lab Blue it was a dream pairing,
The best for a couple of weeks.
A wonderful 3 pass shave in between packing a suitcase,
One of the jobs i hate most in the world,
It seems it take me 2 - 3 days sometimes,
Only because i can’t be bothered.
Is what it is i suppose.
One more Mastro Miche to go and that’s all my 5 new soaps done.
Enjoy Your Weekend Boys n Girls
Don’t do anything i wouldn’t

Sunday 19th November

ADCreHfTfVsrSBv5caBVYQr6ALPt_dufohztV2mvLuF5zOqnjjS06iefhf8m-cOYwPr19k3aUZddVGngAljjt_OAtMs7c7Tr3C5M8-X8ZjG3qdljoQE4mBqNgyY-7yUM9Cl7J6QqMJsR9wdq5D8GXpuVg5E5jw=w800

Gillette Original Shave Foam
Wilkinson Sword WII & Schick Super II Plus (7)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

SOTD Sunday 19 November 2023
D7C9C5ED-1FD3-450C-BB8E-3C9E44D5355D.jpeg
Pre - Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - Glass
Brush - Yaqi Huskey (maybe) synthetic
Cream - Proraso Sensitive
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Shark SS (4)
Post - Lather remains face wash, Alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Refreshment - tea (large cup of)

Very relaxed, comfortable shave, bit of neck sting from the alum - think I’ll change the blade for next shave. Other than that, face feels nice and smooth. Made far too much lather, combination of good cream and large brush caught me out!

11C7F1CA-5863-4C30-A6AE-77A5CCFCD1AF.jpeg
It’s been a long dayy…
…ZZzzzzzz!

Mon 20
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
A fantastic lather from the soap is whipped up superbly by the excellent stout brush. The soap and matching splash scent is very nice! Missed using an SR and today's choice of this hefty razor with a refreshed Arkansas edge was perfect to mow down a 3 days growth for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231120_124834.jpg

Normal service has been resumed and we apologise for the abrupt termination of our previous report.

Thank you for your understanding.
The management for theming things.

A new week, a new shave, a new me and a new theming organisation with a less 'by the rules' approach and devoid of angst. 'Theming With Affectionate Transfigurational Spirit (co Ltd)'. A subsidiary of 'Friendly Ecological Labour And Transport International Organisation'

Without further ado my first entry for this new week of SOTD's arrives themed, '10 points deducted'

20231118_191247.jpg

Dix points - Ikon B1
Neuf points - Wizamet Super Iridium
Moins dix points - Highlander 'EFC' brush
Dix points - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Sept points - Nivea moisturiser
Huit points - Alvarez Gomez Barberia EDC

'Go away. Ten points? That's hilarious'

The polar opposite shave to the Feather of the previous evening. Now, I do like the AS-D2 but my feeling are that it is just 'too safe'. A beautiful razor but it just doesn't do razoring very well and a long way off 'close'. A friendly fluffy razor and all rather Kenneth Moore.

Enter the Ikon. A no holds barred, straight up, viscious bastard. It does close, and nothing else. It gets to the bottom of the task and removes hair like the Premier League remove points. An unfriendly, fluff removing monster and all rather Jack the Ripper.

Superbly close and massive grin inducing levels of feeling clean, refreshed and ready to take on the world. Bring it on, I'm a hard git.

Of course this was my Saturday evening shave, but I am pathetic and so I excuse myself.

Crispy Camera Club? Who? I thought much the same, but you're having them anyway...

And of course, I love you all

SOTD 20-Nov
20231119_093246.jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Lovely scent for a miserable looking day and one that both myself and the Mrs like, so can't go too far wrong.

Finish was ok today but not great, going to switch it up tomorrow so I expect a much better run out.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 20/11/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Mon 20th November
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
First Shave since Friday as my skin problem has improved, think it may not be shaving related as my scalp. Is itchy and sore too.
The lay off was a good idea, as I had a very quick and effective Shave and am hoping there will be no after effects later in the day.
This original “ EVO” though limited to Feather blades, is a good Razor, and I am finding the guarded blade works well for me.

IMG_2023-11-20-091310.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom