SOTD: Saturday 18 May - Friday 24 May 2024.

Friday 24 May
Shield titanium Gr5 with GEM Personna
M de C Vetyver
Unknown make (maybe Boots) brush

Yesterday’s WR3 and today’s Shield with the same GEM blade not surprisingly gave very different shaving experiences. The Shield is more aggressive than the WR3 but both delivered bbs finish. The Shield drew 2 weepers, the WR none. The WR3 could easily be my daily razor, notwithstanding the fact that I like to circulate through my stupidly large collection :ROFLMAO: . The Shield would not be for my daily use. It would probably easily mow down 3 or 4 days heavy growth though. Might need to put it on BST soon.
The Vetyver provided a delicious and distinctive scent with nice creamy lather. A real favourite. The brush bristles were a bit harsh probably due to being taken from the back end of the animal. So not a favourite.
Have a fine POETS day fellas!

IMG_0607.jpeg

Friday 24 May
Shield titanium Gr5 with GEM Personna
M de C Vetyver
Unknown make (maybe Boots) brush

Yesterday’s WR3 and today’s Shield with the same GEM blade not surprisingly gave very different shaving experiences. The Shield is more aggressive than the WR3 but both delivered bbs finish. The Shield drew 2 weepers, the WR none. The WR3 could easily be my daily razor, notwithstanding the fact that I like to circulate through my stupidly large collection :ROFLMAO: . The Shield would not be for my daily use. It would probably easily mow down 3 or 4 days heavy growth though. Might need to put it on BST soon.
The Vetyver provided a delicious and distinctive scent with nice creamy lather. A real favourite. The brush bristles were a bit harsh probably due to being taken from the back end of the animal. So not a favourite.
Have a fine POETS day fellas!

View attachment 120773
I take no responsibility .

Awkward Red-Faced GIF by moodman

I've been a bit lazy of late, haven't used any of my straights in a while, and didn't shave at all yesterday, so, seeing as I'm off today, I thought I'd take the time. Overall an excellent shave, no nicks, close result. I didn't try the Fool's Pass atg under the nose as I knew it wasn't quite sharp enough, so a passable effort but I should probably spend some time on this edge to refresh it.
20240524_130453.jpg

24 May

SV Felce Aromatica
Simpson Duke 3
Mühle R89
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

5F9999BB-B2A0-4BFB-9719-09097F2C03A5.jpeg
The Felce Aromatica is a favourite soap, I love the scent as well as the performance. The Duke 3 has grown on me. At first it felt too firm but now it creates magnificent lather and feels fantastic! Two passes with the R89 gave a rather good finish. All change tomorrow.

Hotel Shave Kit Number 3

Razor = Unknown
Brush = PAA Cyclotrode
Soap = Unknown
Splash = Ariana & Evans Indo Ink Sample
Balm = Loccitane Cade

IMG_1699.pngWell what can i say other than what a shite shave lol :ROFLMAO: to coin a phrase.
This shaving kit is from The Marriott Batam Indonesia.
I’m actually surprised on how rubbish this was as this hotel is not cheap at over £200 per night yet the worst of the 3 so far.
I was expecting better things when i seen the little puck of soap.
The scent was very light and almost chemically
but on the face there was no scent whatsoever.
The soap was waxey something similar to the Wilkinson Sword Pucks although they smell better.
In the small print it said product of Indonesian but other than that i’m clueless.
The brush was an Emporium buy from @Boycie83 and i like it a lot although it could do with some backbone which all PAA’s brushes lack.
I have another half dozen of these shave kits but tomorrow will be my last iv scunnered myself using this rubbish.
Having said that they all do a job but this razor & soap has been the worst so far
Onwards & Upwards
IMG_1697.png

Last edited:
Friday 24th May

Cream • Wars
Brush • Yaqi Ever Helpful 22mm Synthetic
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102
Blade • Treet Classic (2)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

That's my run with inexpensive shave creams for now.
This one performed really well, and has quite a strong scent.
Again, this was sent free and gratis in a bundle from @Boycie83 , many thanks again Chris.

Happy weekend all

24/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Silvertip
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
20240524_172339.jpg
Just about packed up, homeward bound tomorrow.
Enjoy your evening all.

Back
Top Bottom