SOTD: Saturday 18 May - Friday 24 May 2024.

SOTD: 18th May 2024.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera ASL./Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

The Cella extra extra Bio shaving cream provided a wonderful this vegan version is equally as good to it's tallow sibling and like the tallow version it's slick protective and doesn't dry out and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth. The mild-light fresh & Citrusy ASL is very pleasing leaving a good post shave feel.

I find the Dorco PP to be very much like the Voskhod TC which has an added teflon coating to the blade edges giving the blade it's smoothness both blades are smooth and have a good balance of aggression.

Another close comfortable combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Soap Basque Acero & Sangre soap
Highlander Acero & Sangre brush
Razorock Lupo SS
Gillette platinum
Dendi pure aftershave

1000023024.jpg

As the brushes I've made for the Spanish group are being delivered it is time to celebrate it with a shave. Soap is made by new Spanish artisan Soap Basque and it didn't disappoint. Excellent performance and nice tiramisu scent. Razorock Lupo just confirming that it won't be leaving the den anytime soon. Oumo St1 knot performed well. Tips are soft with enough backbone. I would say that this is closest to the badger knot I felt from a synthetic knots and still keeping the character of a synthetic knots. It picked the soap with ease and made a ton of lather. It splay quite wide and that is what reminded me of a badger brush. Personally I think that bulb may be a better choice.

Anyway, beautiful way to start the weekend.

Sat 18
Soap Tabac Stick
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge
Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
A truly magnificent lather from this soap. Rich creamy and very slick...
The razor and blade combination provided an effortlessly smooth and efficient shave...
20240518_103851.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt240518.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Himalaya
- Zenith Manchurian
- Mühle Kosmo with Feather blade
- Denim Original aftershave

:D

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R3)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (2)
Brush: Highlander Candy
S Soap: Stirling Campania

Felt like changing the pace a bit so switched to R3. Another reminder how smooth the Rockwell can be.
Less blade feel and just a slight decrease in efficiency. I can see why R3 plate is a regular choice for many.
Wishing you all a great weekend!

SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
18 May

Martin de Candre Original
Simpson Chubby 2
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

BE7F30E1-889F-4C21-A37F-6981C0B5472D.jpeg
Well, that was a joyful Saturday shave. A fabulous lather and a close and very comfortable shave. This blade/razor combination is a winner.

Back
Top Bottom