SOTD: Saturday 18 May - Friday 24 May 2024.

IMG_5099.jpeg

SOTD: 21/05/2024

Razor: The Razor Company TRC
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

IMG_5101.jpeg

SOTD: 22/05/2024

Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Soap: HC&C Cowboy Up Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Amber & Leather EdP

So I have put these two shaves together to demonstrate the difference a blade can make. (Not because I forgot to post the day before!) I thoroughly enjoyed the shaves with the Astra fitted to the TRC but the with the Pol Silver added it seemed to take it that step on in efficiency. It’s still a mild and easy shave but it just felt like it was taking that little bit more than the day before with the Astra. So much so I’m now on the Razor Company website trying to decide whether to get the aluminium version with 11% off this weekend or whether to wait until the Steel version comes out again!

SOTD: 23rd May 2024.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shave Stick.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Baili BD191.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Sport Style ASL./ Bulldog Original ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another acceptable shave to finish my shaving week.

A great inexpensive shave set up. The Baili BD191 mowed through my stubble effortlessly paired together with the Dorco Prime Platinum making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience.

The stubby Omega boar 10051 is wonderful for face lathering.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

:ROFLMAO:

It's a ship. They told me the same 47 years ago, and where am I today? On a ship
Thanks and I can't wait to get off :D:D
A unique shaving experience for a unique bunch (all two of us), Mr Me and @chard52142
Truly unique...I am sure I'm the only one among 240+ crew with a shave den on board...the cabin Stewards may get shocked when they open this cabinet...:D:D:D I could offer shaving services except almost all the crew don't like to shave...
1.jpg

Thanks and I can't wait to get off :D:D

Truly unique...I am sure I'm the only one among 240+ crew with a shave den on board...the cabin Stewards may get shocked when they open this cabinet...:D:D:D I could offer shaving services except almost all the crew don't like to shave...
View attachment 120742

Oh my, be jeez! That is serious shaving commitment. I take it you took just one pair of undies and socks? Couldn't have been much bag space for owt else.

I take one razor, one brush, a couple of tucks and three or four small Soaps to add variety.......for three or four days. Then I experiment using fairy liquid, various floor polishes and washing powder.

Fairy liquid is very cruel to fairies. Tinkerbell and John Inman would not approve.
Oh my, be jeez! That is serious shaving commitment. I take it you took just one pair of undies and socks? Couldn't have been much bag space for owt else.

I take one razor, one brush, a couple of tucks and three or four small Soaps to add variety.......for three or four days. Then I experiment using fairy liquid, various floor polishes and washing powder.

Another blade for the Eclipse and another great shave! This is almost getting boring now! Just some against-the-grain pathciness in one area of my neck.

Enjoyed the Windsor soap. Have had it years and forgotten how it builds an instant lather with almost no effort. Great scent, too.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Unbranded vintage boar Small, wooden handle
Lather: D R Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh

If you forget to bring your favourite scritchy brush Chris, you could always sprinkle on a little Vim . . .

IMG_5099.jpeg

SOTD: 21/05/2024

Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

IMG_5101.jpeg

SOTD: 22/05/2024

Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Soap: HC&C Cowboy Up Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Amber & Leather EdP

So I have put these two shaves together to demonstrate the difference a blade can make. (Not because I forgot to post the day before!) I thoroughly enjoyed the shaves with the Astra fitted to the TRC but the with the Pol Silver added it seemed to take it that step on in efficiency. It’s still a mild and easy shave but it just felt like it was taking that little bit more than the day before with the Astra. So much so I’m now on the Razor Company website trying to decide whether to get the aluminium version with 11% off this weekend or whether to wait until the Steel version comes out
Is there a strong scent and what is it like with the Cowboy up Lee? I was looking at buying this on Shaving time as they now stock the brand and I want to pick up the little shovels to use on my creams.

Thur 23rd May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Cyril Salter - MS Ed2band
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Asylum Injector
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

An excellent Shave with a fresh blade on board. A good Razor for those who do not fancy the more common AC/SE which uses the wider 50 mm blades.

IMG_2024-05-23-092133.jpeg

Is there a strong scent and what is it like with the Cowboy up Lee? I was looking at buying this on Shaving time as they now stock the brand and I want to pick up the little shovels to use on my creams.
It is very strong but not overwhelming or irritating, very smooth and sweet. I wanted a decent leather scent and I can't recommend it highly enough! The little scoops are great, I use them when travelling especially, if ordered direct from HC&C you often get them thrown in for free with a big order.

Last edited:
Thursday 23 May

WR3, bought from @CunningMrFox , thanks J (y)
GEM Personna se
RazoRock Puros in an old Bakelite pot.
Unknown brand synthetic in the style of a Rubberset brush

A beautifully made and elegant razor with my preferred Darwin handle, with a Matt machine finish. Again I prefer this over a mirror polished finish. The gap is 0.35 which for me a good usable level between mild and aggressive. You need to ride the head cap for the first pass wtg for a good close comfortable start and can then if you want, slightly modify angle by feel for atg and pick ups for a bbs result.
I love the tobacco scent of the soap, it’s become a favourite and also the a-s splash.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0606.jpeg

2024-05-23-10-40-46-500~3.jpg
not in pristine condition but this razor gave me a lovely smooth shave so it's another keeper. I like the weight and grippy knurling. it's very mild so didn't give the closest shave but very comfortable. these Gillettes make great daily head shavers for me. I'll try it with a sharper blade like a flydear or Gillette 7oclock next time.

Back
Top Bottom