SOTD: Saturday 18 May - Friday 24 May 2024.

View attachment 120607
SOTD: 19/05/2024

Razor: The Razor Company TRC
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Badass Puck
Aftershave: HC&C Badass Aftershave
Fragrance: Paris Corner Emir Vibrant Vetiver Delight EdP

My first run with the TRC steel variant and I’ve got to say I’m pretty impressed! This is a lovely weight, and much nicer than the Henson’s I’ve previously used. This would make an excellent daily shaver. I really like the finish and head shape, and a simple BBS. Sure it’s not the closest razor I own but it’s a lovely relaxing shave, and would perfect for my daily needs. Many thanks to @slapo for the passaround. I sense he may be tempting me with another razor I’ll like again!

I like the way the blade is fully clamped all the way around in a similar manner to the Ikon B1. Or so it looks that way.

SOTD Sun 19 May 2024

Oh what a grey day, shave
64F2AADB-74CA-492C-8491-B5A1625DCBCD.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Racer Platinum Class (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - homemade (witch hazel and essential oils), Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Grey skies and cold when I opened the blinds this morning and still the same when I closed them again this evening - a non-day!
Nice shave though, close and comfortable with all the bits and pieces performing perfectly. The old visage was left feeling and smelling grrreat!

67D2EAC1-5283-44EC-A40F-885EA72FDFC9.jpegWe visited the vet yesterday, for her 6 monthly check-up and she always finds it stressful (all was okay). But as today was cold and dismal, only a quick early morning walk was required, just to get comfortable and then this has been her for the rest the day (between mealtimes of course!) Our very own couch-potato!

Last edited:
Same set up as the previous shave except I tried a small shaving soap sample I got free with an ebay order (for something I can't remember) years ago.
The soap performed well and has a faint menthol scent.

Will need to swap this blade for something more ubiquitous in my blade arsenal soon. It's still very smooth and I got lots of feedback as it makes its way round my fizzog.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum
Brush: Unbranded vintage boar Small, wooden handle
Lather: Luckyu4ever (ebay) Peppermint and Emu
Aftershave: Brut Oceans

Monday 20 May

OREN +++
Kai Protouch
Synthetic
Vergulde Hand

I find so far anyway that guarded blades have generally performed the best in the OREN, and today no different. The exceptions amongst unguarded blades have been the Schick proline and Kai Captain.
A very enjoyable start to hopefully another sunny and warm week.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0604.jpeg

Monday 20th May
Pal Injectomatic - Personna Stainless #2 - Zenith 507 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018472-01.jpg

20 May

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Simpson Chubby 2
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm
Penhaligon Sartorial

5CAAA2F4-CF0D-4CE8-B3D1-89969218F798.jpeg
After just three shaves with the new Mitchell’s, I have to say I feel a little underwhelmed. The lather lasts well enough but it has a rather strong soapy smell and doesn’t seem to be as rich and creamy, or maybe it’s just me. That aside, I still got a fine shave with the Treet blade holding up well.

Mon 20th May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Missed a Shave yesterday as having possible infection of cuts on my shins investigated, after a fall on Saturday, so back around mid day.
Got a super lather from the MWF, making for a most smooth and comfortable Shave with a pleasingly close all round finish.

IMG_1015.jpeg

Wishing you well
Mon 20th May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Missed a Shave yesterday as having possible infection of cuts on my shins investigated, after a fall on Saturday, so back around mid day.
Got a super lather from the MWF, making for a most smooth and comfortable Shave with a pleasingly close all round finish.

View attachment 120622

Back
Top Bottom