SOTD: Saturday 18 May - Friday 24 May 2024.

Milky May

Saturday 18th May

AP1GczO6x2tWqgwUqUBDRsgjIdcf0Wn17GLGzXQ3kXVF7ArtPsfbfl9u-AkU3rgdvBcUVQFZpyohG7ot_exu3ti3IY6eH6bDIv8izEBwOjKvykl70kn2O272yCufHgphmb4lp5-A6pvPwEnVmLkflC9aJ1FtCw=w800

Boots Shaving Stick & Coronet (Vulfix) Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Treet Platinum (3)
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave

I'm enjoying soaps which contain milk through this month but doing it with a little twist whereby at the weekend I'll use a soap generously given to me by a forum member ... which over this weekend will be the mid-2010s Boots Shaving Stick kindly given to me by @McShaver. The formulation is a classic palmate formulation and bears some relationship to many of the British houses ... and it's a formulation that I very much enjoy. Much thanks pal!

Saturday 18th May - post birthday shave

Cream • Nivea Men Sensitive
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 68-P
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post • Brut Sport Style Aftershave

Another inexpensive shave cream that performs well above it's price point. At just £1 a tube, it really is very good.
Only a pea size amount nestled in a damp knot soon erupted into more than enough protective lather.
Brut aftershaves, also inexpensive, have laid unused in my den for quite some time (along with cheap soaps and creams).
Lesson learned - don't rely solely on 'artisan' products . . . .

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone

SOTD: 19th May 2024.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD191.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Sensitive ASB./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT.

Greetings,

It's been a while since I last used my the Baili BD191. The long hefty teardrop handle makes the razor 'Bottom heavy' which for personal preferences is a bonus as the weight of the razor does all the work with no for added pressure needed when shaving, especially for head shaving I also like the "closed head design" which reduces the risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose from the blade ends when shaving... All in all a good razor, apart from the slippery teardrop handle which I rub with my alum block to give it extra adhesion.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last night's shave.

Fully vintage shave and I'm using an Eclipse Red Ring kindly lent to me by @malc6552.
Initial impressions are very good. I chose a sharp and very smooth blade and got a great result. The looks, balance, weight and effectiveness of the razor were all very good and it felt intuitive to use.
I look forward to trying this razor a few more times with a few more blades.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum
Brush: Unbranded vintage boar Small, wooden handle
Lather: Yardley Shaving soap (c. mid 1960s)
Aftershave: Burley Aftershave lotion

IMG_20240518_225807.jpg

SOTD: 19/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C, 5 plate
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Barber Station Devil’s Water Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your Sunday!

19 May

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

55FE1009-C505-44EF-853F-41DCEED5278E.jpeg
A superb Sunday shave. All of the parts working as a greater whole. The Blackbird gave me some problems when I first owned it, but now it feels totally natural. I just needed to find the right blade, and the Treet Platinum seems to be it :).

View attachment 120572
Sotd - 18-05-24

Mergress - Treet carbon Classic - Simpsons Case pure - Simpsons Cafe Latte - witch hazel - D&G Opulence splash - VR Spice Bomb.

Fab - enjoy yours - I.
Wonderful shave set up Iain. The C.R. Mackintosh stained design window sets it off superbly. A great artist & architect. Yours- B.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom