SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

Friday 23 June
I got the bullet today, 33 to be precise. Quirky? Yes, somebody in the past thought it would be a nice idea to use a spent brass bullet case for a razor handle. The brass head plate and cap are Gillette oc, giving this razor a nice tactile feel and look. The Personna US blade just about got through a close shave but at the finish was starting to tug rather than cut cleanly, still 5 excellent shaves plus this ok result was not bad I would say.
Signature Condate is still the remains of a sample I received a while back but the brush I chose was a really too big so lathering up was a bit of a faff. I must pay more attention to detail!
POETS day fellas! Enjoy the weekend

Razor: Tatara Masamune Nodachi Ti
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Chisel & Hound Fanchurian v18
Soap: PAA Diver Down
Splash: PAA Diver Down

Another run out for the Masamune Nodachi combination - it really is a great razor. Smooth and the right balance of efficiency and mid-aggression for me.

Suspect I might be on the lookout for one to keep now! I don’t think it gets much better so I think it’s time to move the passaround along. Really appreciate the chance to try all the combinations! Thanks again!

23.6.23 Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Gillette Tech (Aluminium)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Castle Forbes 1445
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Additional Care: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Porur Homme EDT

Fist use of Castle Forbes 1445. I’ve tried all of their other offerings and knew the performance would be good. Scent is superb, on a par with their Lavender for me. Pairs nicely with Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

The turn of the Pils 101 just rolled around again, and suddenly I realise why I also get on well with the Flatboy. The first was good practice for the second, and vice versa. My old Culmak is the "Senior", with the red band.