SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

Friday 23 June
I got the bullet today, 33 to be precise. Quirky? Yes, somebody in the past thought it would be a nice idea to use a spent brass bullet case for a razor handle. The brass head plate and cap are Gillette oc, giving this razor a nice tactile feel and look. The Personna US blade just about got through a close shave but at the finish was starting to tug rather than cut cleanly, still 5 excellent shaves plus this ok result was not bad I would say.
Signature Condate is still the remains of a sample I received a while back but the brush I chose was a really too big so lathering up was a bit of a faff. I must pay more attention to detail!
POETS day fellas! Enjoy the weekend :cool:

IMG_0138.jpeg

Tech June-kies ...

Friday 23rd June

AJFCJaX_jagjDhJLkGzxGUwfMOUsTyNV2Z8VJBeMUKWMcb9extZsIPZbE9UvbTfshPl6BjYszHOQFFU6SbEuDXW9TWetZU140gwzExQzZe1F3uF31cge1ikBSG-sjFGqfjbJM5n3eXT0hYHPp2GG22QazWWTGg=w800

Bath House Orange Flower Shaving Soap & PAA Doppler Perihelion Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Tech (1960s British) & Gillette Rhino (2)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Same again ... again ... but switched out the Ach Brito for Jovan Musk

IMG_3806.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Masamune Nodachi Ti
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Chisel & Hound Fanchurian v18
Soap: PAA Diver Down
Splash: PAA Diver Down

Another run out for the Masamune Nodachi combination - it really is a great razor. Smooth and the right balance of efficiency and mid-aggression for me.

Suspect I might be on the lookout for one to keep now! I don’t think it gets much better so I think it’s time to move the passaround along. Really appreciate the chance to try all the combinations! Thanks again!

23.6.23 Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Gillette Tech (Aluminium)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Castle Forbes 1445
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Additional Care: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Porur Homme EDT

Fist use of Castle Forbes 1445. I’ve tried all of their other offerings and knew the performance would be good. Scent is superb, on a par with their Lavender for me. Pairs nicely with Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Monday 19 June
A few of my favourites today, Razorine FlatBoy, Astra extra stainless (whatever this is, its either stainless or not, no?) 4th use blade, Tabac soap in old pewter dish applied with an “aged“ Culmak Junior badger brush.
This combo delivered a fine comfortable shave, no irritation, no blood, no sweat.

Have a fine evening fellas!

View attachment 107656
The turn of the Pils 101 just rolled around again, and suddenly I realise why I also get on well with the Flatboy. The first was good practice for the second, and vice versa. My old Culmak is the "Senior", with the red band.

Back
Top Bottom