SOTD : Saturday 16th May - Friday 22th May 2020

IMG_20200517_200516.jpg
SOTD - 18th May

Soap - Soap Commander Honor
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada la familia
Razor - Merkur 37c
Blade - Gillette Rubie #1
Post - Musgo Real ASB

Great 3 pass shave from "ye old reliable" slant bar Merkur. Tiny bit of feedback from the Alum. Liking the Rubie blade and nice to revisit the excellent Musgo ASB. Great way to start the day

Monday

RazoRock Plague Doctor
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Polsilver SI (1)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Plague Doctor splash

I wasn't brave/masochistic enough to try the Gillette Blue carbon blade for a second time. For all I love vintage razors, I think that there are times when progress is desirable, nay, necessary; and razor blades are one example, imo.

So, the by-now-trusty 37C was paired up with a PSI; and a lovely no pressure shave resulted (see what I did there?). Comfortable, smooth and pleasant.

View attachment 54652
How do you find the Razorock soap performance wise? I've never tried one but always been inquisitive with their scents?

How do you find the Razorock soap performance wise? I've never tried one but always been inquisitive with their scents?
Well, I only have the Plague Doctor soap; but I really like it. It performs well and gives a nice post-shave feel. The scent is very subtle and layers well with the splash. If a strong scent's what you're after, maybe this isn't it. But what scent is there, I really like.

Monday 18th May

Soap - Noble Otter Monarch
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer
Blade - RapIra (1)
Post - L'oreal Birch Sap Balm
EdP - Tom Ford Neroli Portafino

Same set up as yesterday's Birthday Shave, (which seemed to have gone un-noticed on the forums), ((not that I relish birthdays with a '0' at the end !!)), except the blade - a fresh RapIra, that suits the Game Changer well, and provided a very smooth shave.

The Neroli Portafino was a birthday present from my wife.
I have the Mr Perfume oil of this scent, which my wife described as smelling like a household cleaner (I don't agree, and I think it's quite a good copy, but a fair bit stronger in scent strength)

Monday 18th May

Blade - RapIra (1)

Same set up as yesterday's Birthday Shave, (which seemed to have gone un-noticed on the forums), ((not that I relish birthdays with a '0' at the end !!)), except the blade - a fresh RapIra, that suits the Game Changer well, and provided a very smooth shave.

I have the Mr Perfume oil of this scent, which my wife described as smelling like a household cleaner (I don't agree, and I think it's quite a good copy, but a fair bit stronger in scent strength)
Happy birthday for yesterday Paul , sorry I missed wishing you one yesterday.

Monday 18th May

Blade - RapIra (1)

Sorry Paul, I completely missed that. Happy birthday for Sunday!

Last edited:
Monday 18th May

Blade - RapIra (1)

Belated birthday greetings..Hope you had a wonderful birthday with a '0' at the end.;)

SOTD : 19th May 2020.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Knot Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Soap: Haslinger ~ Aloe Vera Soap.

Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock Sharpedge. (3)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale ASL.

L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave...

After the wonderful performance from the haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk shaving soap at the start of the weekend i've used the aloe vera shaving soap the only difference with the aloe vera soap is it doesn't contain lanolin and like the Schafmilch Sheep Milk has a very faint clean fragrance when wet.

If you like a shaving soap with a strong fragrance, then you will be disappointed with haslinger soap ,as both soaps have a mild unique fragrance which will put some people off using .My personal opinion though is both soaps are exactly the same in performance,slickness protection & post shave feel which for me is the most important thing in a shaving soap or cream..As always opinions are very subjective.YMMV.

Each and every shave that i've had with the Parker 87R the results have been excellent today was no exception.

The Gillette 7'O Clock SE are such a smooth all round efficient smooth blade pairing together with 87r superbly resulting in another very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with some generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
I was relieved that it didn't attract any attention to be honest, Russ
I've been dreading turning 50, so much more than 40
I used to think I would stay young forever - a bit like Peter Pan !!

Oh. A most happy belated birthday from the house of Satan.

50? What a great age. I have loved being in my 50's. It's the 6 with a zero for me at the end of the year and hopefully retirement.

So I can stand at the window all day with my Daily Mail tucked under my arm, having a mumble about the passers by and dunking digestive biscuits in cold tea. Bring it on

Happy birthday past Paul

Back
Top Bottom