SOTD : Saturday 16th May - Friday 22th May 2020

Sun 17th May
Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
RazoRock Hawk V3-OC, HD handle
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I decided that after 4 outings with the Hawk V3 on a guarded blade, I should ramp it up a bit. Definitely a bit more blade feel with the non guarded blade, and an awareness of the need for a light touch. The design of this Razor allows one to work very closely in the nostril area, and there by being a bit overzealous I got a little cut. Apart from that the overall Shave Time was reduced and a super close all round finish was attained with ease. I think that this Razor will gain a few fans, based not only on performance but on its value for money.

IMG_0744.jpg

17 May 2020 – Sunday morning
2 days' growth – today used my travel razor – generally a good shave in most areas, however a couple of minor nicks and a cut under the lip …. The razor is so light & with the Feather blade any mishap will result in a nick or cut due to too much pressure applied. Anyway it's not one that I would use regularly but remembering the pitfalls makes it a useful travel item.
Stirling soap is great as always!

Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Travel Razor
Blade: Feather
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime
After: Cold Water Splash - Ajanta Alum - Autograph ASB
DSCF4223.JPG

Sotd-17-05-20.jpg

Sotd - Sunday the 17th of May

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (3)
blade - Tiger (the wonderful thing about tiggers - are tiggers are wonderful things - 4)
brush - Yaqi - High Mountain White silver tip
soap - Tabac cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Tabac
balm - Nivea Sensitive
scent - Tabac edt.

Result? - I had no idea where to go with my shave today - on this flat, grey, rainy day in Glasgow - totally uninspiring - when in doubt - use Tabac! Went for the cream for a change - you don't see it used much around these parts - but I like it - if anything a stronger scent than the hard soap and the performance is top notch for me. Job done - and smelling proper old school. Look after you and yours - cheers - I.

Sunday AM 2020-05-17

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Ti II/UFO Little Titan
Schick Super Chromium (11)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)
dsPuMR6.jpg

A themic shave called 'The further adventures of Captain Fawcett and his quest for the General' s treasure of the three virgins'

IMG_20200515_205143.jpg

A rough arsed old sea dog - Stainless Colonial General
The virgin of Blade Rock - Kai Captain (1)
Stand up for the Welsh national anthem - Yaqi Dandelion
No soap for the scurvy crew - Captain Fawcett's
Ye feel barnacles ripping yer skin? - T&H Grafton aftershave balm

'Ohhhhh,. What shall we do with the drunken sailor? What shall we do with the drunken sailor?'

Day 63 on the good ship 'The fair oceanic maiden of the seven seas and the lady of ou....', and at that point we ran out of ship. We haven't be sober for the past 62 and the crew are looking dishevelled and in need of shaves. The ship's cat has protested that it only has one tail and has tired of being swung around on this only one at that. Around bathroom bay and in to the safe waters of the sink for a clean and replenishment.......

The treasure of the General's three virgins

Aye Aye! There are indeed three virgins and the first to give herself to the motley hairy crew was the fair lady Yaqi Dandelion. A maiden exquisitely named after the national flower of Wales (according to @pjgh ). Ner before had her soft hair succumb to the Captains cream.

To be honest the knot was a little stiffer than I thought the term 'Cashmere' might have given the impression. pjgh described it as 'a well broken in Boar' and in consideration I'd never tried a boar brush I had no idea what to expect. But whatever expectations I had (none at all) were soon met and this little green devil delivered wonderfully. Very suited towards hard soaps and soon the virgin (I doubt it but I need a story line) Captain Fawcett was delivering a mountain of frothy lather like he had just spent 63 days at sea. Which he had. I was expecting this soap to be very much in line with their Scapicchio of last week and my thoughts were correct. A super duper lather with all those qualities one looks for and a scent which to me is very reminiscent of Lubin Itasca. Lovely, and more so as I do love Itasca.

Two no longer virgins were frolicking in a sea of ecstasy. Apparently a damn sight easier than trying to 'break in a boar' and not as though personally I'd like to try it.

There be remaining only one chaste maiden to complete the quest for the virginal treasures and as if ye haven't been having enough Captains in these journals who would ever have guessed that the final maiden would be the mistress Captain Kai. A lady with a wit as sharp as her edge. But with an edge so sharp she would happily cut yeez from er to er. Or in this case give a little warning stab on yer chinny chin chin. Call for that lazy no gooder first mate Periwinkle Styptic, and whiles ye be there let's have some of that Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum stuff and give it some more 'Ayes ayes', Aye aye

A shave so smooth it is time to sail in to the sunset and who would have thought how nice it could be to be winked at by the captain?

Aye aye ayeeeeeee

I will leave you with some beautiful ladies from the land of the rising sun but before that I wish you all a most safe and healthy week ahead.

tdNO69j.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2)
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (3)
Scent: DR Harris Arlington

Last shave of the mine site assignment. And probably the best traveling shave I have experienced. Everything came together beautifully, resulting in a very comfortable three pass shave for a DFS+ result.
Homeward bound, at least for a short while.

Monday

RazoRock Plague Doctor
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Polsilver SI (1)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Plague Doctor splash

I wasn't brave/masochistic enough to try the Gillette Blue carbon blade for a second time. For all I love vintage razors, I think that there are times when progress is desirable, nay, necessary; and razor blades are one example, imo.

So, the by-now-trusty 37C was paired up with a PSI; and a lovely no pressure shave resulted (see what I did there?). Comfortable, smooth and pleasant.

B983A370-56DE-4DED-8E8F-984F8F968303.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom