SOTD : Saturday 16th January to Friday 22nd January 2021.

Take care Ian

Sun 17th January

Stirling Syn.26mm
Lea Classic Cream
Occams Hiram Commander -2dot
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Doing a bit of a clear out and decided that I would for a change use a cream, rather than my usual soap. I have a few rather sad looking tail ends of tubes left and chose the Lea Classic. As usual used too much but it ensured that the Shave was smooth, in fact it was rather nice and the finish a bit of a Face Stroker. The Razor did not suffer from clogging as it is so easy to rinse and keep it clean. I think I ought to slowly clear out the creams by using them on the odd occasion.

Last edited:
Sunday 17th January

Oumo 24mm SHD Manchurian - MdC Original - Katana/Gillette London Bridge - Guerlain Habit Rouge

A very nice result....so a lovely Sunday morning shave.....however the jury is still out on the London Bridge blade.
Normally when I shave with the Katana ...the 3rd pass is just sheer indulgence but todaya third pass was required
to get to the minimum standard required. The blade was not buttery smooth and almost felt as if it needed a shave
to break it in. Time will tell.....but initial impressions are not the best.

Last edited:

So sorry to hear of your loss Iain. Take care mate. Hopefully sooner rather than later you can raise a glass (or two) to their memory with the rest of your family. - Rob

Hi Paul,
Hope you're doing ok mate? Great to see you back.

A wonderful SOTD post....

A couple of questions. What is the 'effect' on the brush handle? It looks stunning.

Also what pen is it?

Cheers Rob

SOTD 16th Jan Vintage Month
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - usual lathering best
Soap - WSP Citrus Blast- super slick lather and refreshing scent to boot
Razor - 1976 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip - smooth and mild operator
Blade - Super Shave X #2 - not convinced yet. Either this or my Post shave caused irritation.
Post - P&B Spitfire - amazing scent and usually performs well.

Not my usual shave today. Think its the blade but not 100% sure. From 1st pass the shave felt rough. The blade is very sharp but for me I'm not sure it's smooth. Got 2 more shaves with it in the Star and the Tech.
The lather though from the WSP soap was beautiful.
Take care everyone.

How are you finding the Laugar Russ?

My thoughts are with you, Iain.