SOTD : Saturday 16th January to Friday 22nd January 2021.

Thoroughly enjoying my straight razor journey- really getting some lovely DFS pretty easily now. The Bengall was honed by Joseph at Edge Dynamics and it is the best edge I have ever felt- absolutely shaves like a dream. Highly recommended.
How nice to hear...I watched Joseph at Edge Dynamics shaving with his SRs regularly on U-tube. It's my dream to send my inactive SRs to him...:)

Sat 16th January

Cyril Salter.MS.ED2band
“Hampshire” Wool Fat
Occams Hiram Commander 2dot
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I am continuing my run with The Hiram following on from 10 days with the Enoch. Both Razors deliver excellent Shaves, though I feel that The Enoch has the edge, as it is so much easier when working around the Upper Lip/ Nostrils. This new soap not only lathers well but that lather really helps one attain a trouble free top notch finish.

IMG_1285.jpg

Last edited:
And for the first themed shave of this new shaving week I present you with 'Antithesis and opposition'

IMG_20210116_145313.jpg

Not a razor - Occams Enoch
As blunt as fuck - Titan Mild
Carpenters hammer - Yaqi Mew Brown
Mrs Armitage's prize winning orange marmalade - Extro Arancia

An absolutely garbage shave with crappy results which have me crying for a return to an electric razor. Braun or Remmington? Or even? why not? grow a damn beard and be done with. No more sink time, no more nagging for hogging the shower room and no more having to find the time in the day.

Grow and be happy. Here have a couple of cute kittens as a Giphy with the General thoughts of 'Look at us. We're furry and proud of it'. Lick my beard

Have some Donny Osmond for a change

And for the first themed shave of this new shaving week I present you with 'Antithesis and opposition'

View attachment 63347

Not a razor - Occams Enoch
As blunt as fuck - Titan Mild
Carpenters hammer - Yaqi Mew Brown
Mrs Armitage's prize winning orange marmalade - Extro Arancia

An absolutely garbage shave with crappy results which have me crying for a return to an electric razor. Braun or Remmington? Or even? why not? grow a damn beard and be done with. No more sink time, no more nagging for hogging the shower room and no more having to find the time in the day.

Grow and be happy. Here have a couple of cute kittens as a Giphy with the General thoughts of 'Look at us. We're furry and proud of it'. Lick my beard

Have some Donny Osmond for a change

u-ok-hun-winston-churchill-never-forget-59692661.png

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Morris & Forndran L7 Heritage II
Soap: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Razor: H&S P-076 SB TI
Blade: Gillette Nacet
AS: Swiss Pitralon
AS Balm: Zingari Man The Wanderer

SOTD-20210116.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

16/1/21

Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum

First time using the Hampshire Wool Fat shaving soap, which has an ingredient list quite similar to Mitchells Wool Fat, with the Hampshire one containing tallow, lanolin and glycerine but scented with Patchouli and Cedarwood. I'd say HWF's lather is a touch less slick and mouisturizing than MWF but much easier to lather, seems to be an excellent soap and I am sure I will enjoy using it more.

As for the shave itself, the blade felt a bit on the rough side of things during the shave and I had a fair amount more burn post shave than I do usually, but the results were excellent.

Saturday 16th SOD
Prep Warm shower and Proraso red sandlewood cream
Razor Rockwell 6s R2 then R4
Blade GSB # 3
Soap - tube of Proraso aloe vera shaving cream - not IMHO a good scent but was cheap - special offer at TK Max- and gives a good slick ,protective lather.
Brush Semogue HD badger
AS - none : ran out of Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol yesterday but have orderded a bottle of Signature Soaps Vectis Aftershave splash yesterday so am looking forward to trying that out next week
AS balm Proraso
Moisturiser Keihls Facial Fuel
9.5 out of 10 shave. Christmas decorations came down today and gave the house a good hoovering. Looking forward to Spring time.

Back
Top Bottom