SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

17 April

Signature Soaps Danum
Yaqi Dandelion
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Danum splash

AAE3A178-DED4-42F2-A32D-73113D2F58E1.jpeg
If I were to be able to tell my (slightly) younger self what to use for shaving, after learning the basics with an EJ DE89, this would be it… Astonishingly good and easy lathers with Signature Soaps, an inexpensive but highly effective synthetic like the Dandelion and a comfortable and highly efficient razor, the Claymore Evolution… and that is my Easter thought.
(Of course, I may have had to wait until they were invented! :ROFLMAO:).

nZjbO6t.png

SOTD 17-April
20220417_080353.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: MSC Black Tie
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (1)

Reunited with all our bags, though it was a pain I genuinely cannot fault BA for sorting it out, and I narrowly avoided having to use canned goo and a random Lion DE I'd found in Checkers, though I may give that a go out of morbid curiosity!

So first shave in SA for this trip, thought the water might have caused a bit of an issue as it seemed quite hard but the MSC along with the C&H whipped up a cracking lather and the smell was excellent. We'll see how it is for staying power but so far chuffed to bits!

Nice sunny day in the mid-20's today and after a cracking braai last night I really can't complain

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

17/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk16  (2).JPG
A great set up for a very smooth, close shave on this Easter Sunday morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sunday, 17 April

PreShave: Warm water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Almond
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

A good, three-pass shave; took my time and prepped well, so the result was a BBS outcome. The almond cream was a delight—really nice scent and a smooth lubricant. Have a great Easter and a relaxing remainder of the weekend, folks.

Sotd 17/04
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA organism 46b ck6
Splash: PAA organism 46b
Balm: organism 46b star jelly
Alum bloc
Razor: homelike taiga stainless satin
Blade: polsilver extra stainless 1st use
Brush: alpha outlaw
Bowl: wet the face

Morning folks hope you had a great weekend went for another 3 pass shave this morning had weeks growth and decided to use the taiga for the first time.
Went for PAA this morning and went for organism 46b really nice scent on this soap kinda like a chocolate orange scent notes are burnt sugar bitter orange and brandy the smell on the splash is really nice aswell

Now to the taiga yeah first impressions were good it felt good in the hand and very light I tried it on setting 6 to begin with but I could feel the blade alot so adjusted it slightly in the end I went with and across the grain and against felt really good will need to try a nacet platinum or permasharp in it but yeah solid performer
1st pass setting 5
2nd pass setting 4
3rd pass setting 3
20220417_083231.jpg20220417_083245.jpg20220417_083428.jpg20220417_083656.jpg20220417_083723.jpg

Easter Sunday

Simpson M7 Synthetic - MdC Agrumes - Blackland Era L4 OC/Treet Durasharp (Blue) -Guerlain Habit Rouge

Definitely a 'pamper' shave today...and my first run out with the Era. It's hard to believe that this is a 3D print!
'Practically Perfect' in three passes.
Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend everyone!

20220417_095904.jpg
SOTD 17th Apr
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - Stirling Arkadia
Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #9
Post - Stirling Arkadia
3 days growth was no problem with this set up. Great lather with a fantastic earthy scent. But the star of this show is the MMOC - smooth with some blade feel - but concentration and a fair amount of respect to the razor and your rewarded with 3 fantastic passes resulting in a near BBS - a real "event" using this razor.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves.
A Happy Easter and best wishes to you all

Sun17th April

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
MWF
Yaqi Raster V2
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Found today that Shave with The Raster V2 was smoother and more comfortable than yesterday’s with a V3. Also I am sure that the overall finish quality was better too. Must do some more back to back comparisons on future rotations.

B9ACEB81-C058-4D0E-9234-DD2477D84513.jpeg

17/04/2022

Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Black (1)
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun

View attachment 86966

My new favourite Signature Soaps scent. A full size tub and the splash will be required in the future.
Yep I tried it out of curiosity and it turned out to be my favourite of the trio I bought. Payday next week will see the matching splashes added to the den.

6DABCF27-B793-4662-87A1-32080081DA02.jpeg
SOTD: 17/04/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Willy’s Blade, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Hayes Meadow Sandalwood Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great Sunday shave and nice new UK soap to try. I lathered up the Hayes and it’s not a bad first effort. Positives - Less ‘farmyardy’ than HWF’s first batch, and it produces a nice creamy lather after a bit of work as initially it’s a bit airy, but a good lather later you are rewarded with a light creamy yogurt like lather. More volume and lighter than HWF but just as smooth and a great post shave feel. It’s also a nice hard puck. Not triple milled solid but definitely not a croap.
Negatives - the sandalwood scent doesn’t get stronger when lathered of anything it gets less noticeable which is a shame.
For the price it’s a keeper and seems good quality, if they can punch up the scent on version 2 and add some of the other scents they do on their all in one bars, it could be a great addition to the UK makers.
Enjoy you Easter Sunday guys.

Back
Top Bottom