SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

Saturday

Tech out, Bic blade in - so I can contribute to the other thread about the blades being crap.

Got a decent lather with the DG Apogee, need a lot of soap for this brush.

They performed quite well, weren't horrendous. Should I choose them over a Nacet or Perma sharp? No. But they weren't that bad!

Have a good day
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220416_142706__01.jpg
    IMG_20220416_142706__01.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 8
W2IVq22.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Tom Ford Tabacco Vanille EdP (decant)

In my experience with Artisanal shaving lines, it is rare that an aftershave lotion scent improves upon that of the matching soap scent.
But such is the case with A&E's Grecian Horse. The soap scent is really nice, but the aftershave scent is terrific. They most certainly are the same basic scent, but the aftershave scent is just that little bit better. I really like how they have added just enough freshness to the blend to balance the deep rich tones of amber, vanilla and sandalwood. Well done, A&E.
The Tabacco Vanille EdP was a good match for the above.

Saturday 16th April

AM-JKLXtuHAQ6jnKeoiv0y4YqvffcJg4KvbzAveOyXLrVmHXFiytbFvmq5sw9Fw0BxZPNE6apJYEzOUB437tExEeytLsUmDpkhxcOMpUG1RQ5qfq4gwiUZK7wYNZqlMCzcVT0OYdXb4LAkn5UokILWKIlG55rA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meisser Tremonia 'Amber' Bay & Rum pre-Market Test Shaving Soap
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi DLC & Muster Dikson Super Quality (Stainless)
Pinaud VIBR

Wow! I am Impressed ...

Somewhat of an enigma, these blades. I bought this stainless and a platinum variant from Razor Blades Club who inform us that they're Pakistani in origin. I found one other credible topic on these blades from 2015 where it was found that this pack (the black pack) was actually then sold as Super Platinum (rather than now, Super Quality) and inside the wrappers were identified as Personna Crystal. The contemporary packs appear to be a different manufaturer, but on that thought ... if I found these to be ASR blades, I would not be surprised. The tucks give us no clues, just a note that they're imported via Italy for the Muster Dikson group.

This stainless (and the platinum variant) are both now wrapped in a thick greaseproof wrapper inside a printed wrapper, much akin to the special market variants from Treet such as the King or the Falcon, but that's where the similarity ends. Treet have nothing like this blade in the stainless offerings. I've yet to use the platinum variant, so may come back to this thought because it could be something like the King but given a teflon and polymer coating like the 7 Days Platinum. I'm guessing. Of course, it could be an entirely different manufacturer but after a really good googling on the matter I came up blank as to other blade manufacturers in Pakistan.

So, the shave?

Immediately, exceptionally smooth and sharp. Think Silver Star kinda shave, but add some further glide. I puts me very much in mind of the Rise Stainless which was manufactured by Vidyut (Indian) and it is right up there! Like Pakistani VOSKHOD? Straight-up 9/10 shave for me, placing it absolutely amongst blades like those listed. Again, if it turned out to be some rehomed version of some discontinued Israeli version of the Personna Comfort Coated I would not be surprised.

Whatever it is, it punches WAY up there and I am very much looking forward to trying the platinum variant tomorrow.

Ping @Mike Smart who seems to be the only other person in the hobbyist shaving world to have knowingly used these blades.

Sun 17 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
Fantastic soap for sure...intoxicating scent, cooling sensation with a top-notch creamy and slick lather...
Today's shave with this razor after the buffalo leather was a very nice comfortable session. Work day rush 2.5passes for an acceptable ccs/dfs result without any issues...so easy.
The aftershaves were terrific as well!20220417_082718.jpg

Sotd:17/04/22
IMG20220416101749-01.jpeg
• First Canadian Shave
• Asylum RX (First Generation)
• K Shave Worx, 24mm Synthetic
• Grooming Dept Cypress & Mandarin Serum
IMG20220416100137-01-01.jpeg
More than just Peppermint & Grapefruit. Esther's soap also blends Spearmint, Mandarin, Cedarwood and Rosemary with an added dose of menthol, to bring out a beautiful refreshing citrusy herbaceous cooling scent! A much welcome hit for the sunny warmer weather London has been recently experiencing.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter!

SOTD : 17th April 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Mug Lather.
Lather :Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)/L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in the shave set up worked together wonderfully.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 16th April

AM-JKLXtuHAQ6jnKeoiv0y4YqvffcJg4KvbzAveOyXLrVmHXFiytbFvmq5sw9Fw0BxZPNE6apJYEzOUB437tExEeytLsUmDpkhxcOMpUG1RQ5qfq4gwiUZK7wYNZqlMCzcVT0OYdXb4LAkn5UokILWKIlG55rA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meisser Tremonia 'Amber' Bay & Rum pre-Market Test Shaving Soap
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi DLC & Muster Dikson Super Quality (Stainless)
Pinaud VIBR

Wow! I am Impressed ...

Somewhat of an enigma, these blades. I bought this stainless and a platinum variant from Razor Blades Club who inform us that they're Pakistani in origin. I found one other credible topic on these blades from 2015 where it was found that this pack (the black pack) was actually then sold as Super Platinum (rather than now, Super Quality) and inside the wrappers were identified as Personna Crystal. The contemporary packs appear to be a different manufaturer, but on that thought ... if I found these to be ASR blades, I would not be surprised. The tucks give us no clues, just a note that they're imported via Italy for the Muster Dikson group.

This stainless (and the platinum variant) are both now wrapped in a thick greaseproof wrapper inside a printed wrapper, much akin to the special market variants from Treet such as the King or the Falcon, but that's where the similarity ends. Treet have nothing like this blade in the stainless offerings. I've yet to use the platinum variant, so may come back to this thought because it could be something like the King but given a teflon and polymer coating like the 7 Days Platinum. I'm guessing. Of course, it could be an entirely different manufacturer but after a really good googling on the matter I came up blank as to other blade manufacturers in Pakistan.

So, the shave?

Immediately, exceptionally smooth and sharp. Think Silver Star kinda shave, but add some further glide. I puts me very much in mind of the Rise Stainless which was manufactured by Vidyut (Indian) and it is right up there! Like Pakistani VOSKHOD? Straight-up 9/10 shave for me, placing it absolutely amongst blades like those listed. Again, if it turned out to be some rehomed version of some discontinued Israeli version of the Personna Comfort Coated I would not be surprised.

Whatever it is, it punches WAY up there and I am very much looking forward to trying the platinum variant tomorrow.

Ping @Mike Smart who seems to be the only other person in the hobbyist shaving world to have knowingly used these blades.
Great write up and fair play on the research.
I find both blades extremely good.
I’m surprised no one is using them.
Like yourself i also got them from the razor blade club.
For me my favourite blade at the moment is the Gillette Super Thin from Thailand but i have to say these muster blades are right up there.
I’ll look forward to your thoughts on the fine special edition ( Red & White Tuck ).
There’s not much in it for me, both fantastic blades

Back
Top Bottom