SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

SOTD : 16th April 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water Face& Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face &Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase ASL+Replenishing PSB./Milton lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP.

Greetings,

Face & Head shave.

A new very eclectic shave set up to start of the long Easter weekend (UK).. Maiden head shave using the feather hi stainless.

Recently i was recommended to pair up a feather hi stainless with my Parker 94r...I will be using the same razor & blade duo for the full week.

After the wonderful maiden shave lathering performance from the vegan Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream in last weekend i was curious to try using for head shaving.

The verdict?....Absolutely superb!.....The scent is a mild clean fragrance very like to all Nivea men shaving products...The fragrance of a shaving cream/soap IMHO isn't a big issue for me, what is important is if it gives an acceptable lather for the shave.

The appearance of the liquid shave cream before i started mixing it up looked like a gooey sloppy mess, which to be honest made me doubtful, but once i started to add a few drops of water as i started to mix it up and adding more water the lather exploded and became slick rich and protective with no drying out issues and superb post shave feel... It is equal to the body shop maca root & aloe shaving cream which IMHO i consider one of the best inexpensive high street shaving cream that's on offer. Both are magnificent shave cream's which i highly recommend.

I can't recall the last time that i added the feather blade to my blade rotation so i was curious to together with the Parker 94r.

When i first started out in traditional wet shaving before learning my technique and building up my shaving confidence i was carelessly stupid enough to dive in at the deep end and shave with a feather blade, showing it no respect, the result was not a very nice experience which put me off feather blades thinking i had bought a dodgy batch and left it at that leaving the rest the blades in their box, never seeing the light of day again.

I have learnt that it was my total lack of experience technique, & shaving confidence which 100% contributed to the first few horrible experience's that i had with the feather hi stainless making me shy away from them, since then however my technique & shaving confidence shaving & experience has vastly improved and since then have had successful results when using them.

The Parker 94r/Feather Hi Stainless stainless was a very smooth efficient duo mowing through both my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

It just to show both my technique & shaving confidence have vastly advanced since my humble beginning To do a head shave with the feather Hi stainless is something i never thought i would do in a million years

The hefty weight of this small very effective razor adds to it's wonderful assertiveness which doesn't holds no prisoners to face & head stubble.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the long Easter weekend (UK) ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:

SOTD : 16th April 2022.

View attachment 86922

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water Face& Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face &Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase ASL+Replenishing PSB./Milton lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP.

Greetings,

Face & Head shave.

A new very eclectic shave set up to start of the long Easter weekend (UK).. Maiden head shave using the feather hi stainless.

Recently i was recommended to pair up a feather hi stainless with my Parker 94r...I will be using the same razor & blade duo for the full week.

After the wonderful maiden shave lathering performance from the vegan Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream in last weekend i was curious to try using for a head shaving.

The verdict?....Absolutely superb!.....The scent is a mild clean fragrance very like to all Nivea men shaving products...The fragrance of a shaving cream/soap IMHO isn't a big issue for me, what is important is if it gives an acceptable lather for the shave.

The appearance of the liquid shave cream before i started mixing it up looked like a gooey sloppy mess, which to be honest made me doubtful, but once i started to add a few drops of water as i started to mix it up and adding more water the lather exploded and became slick rich and protective with no drying out issues and superb post shave feel... It is equal to the body shop maca root & aloe shaving cream which IMHO i consider one of the best inexpensive high street shaving cream that's on offer. Both are magnificent shave cream's which i highly recommend.

I can't recall the last time that i added the feather blade to my blade rotation so i was curious to together with the Parker 94r.

When i first started out in traditional wet shaving before learning my technique and building up my shaving confidence i was carelessly stupid enough to dive in at the deep end and shave with a feather blade, showing it no respect, the result was not a very nice experience which put me off feather blades thinking i had bought a dodgy batch and left it at that leaving the rest the blades in their box, never seeing the light of day again.

I have learnt that it was my total lack of experience technique, & shaving confidence which 100% contributed to the first few horrible experience's that i had with the feather hi stainless making me shy away from them, since then however my technique & shaving confidence shaving & experience has vastly improved and since then have had successful results when using them.

The Parker 94r/Feather Hi Stainless stainless was a very smooth efficient duo mowing through both my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

It just to show both my technique & shaving confidence have vastly advanced since my humble beginning To do a head shave with the feather Hi stainless is something i never thought i would do in a million years

The hefty weight of this small very effective razor adds to it's wonderful assertiveness which doesn't holds no prisoners to face & head stubble.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the long Easter weekend (UK) ladies & gentlemen. :cool:
I completely understand your view of Feather Hi Stainless blades, Barry.
I used one (once), and found it way too sharp for my preference.

The Parker 94, being a hefty razor, paired with such a sharp blade must take a lot of concentration!

The Nivea shave cream you used is news to me. I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Is it available in the shops?

Happy Easter

P

I completely understand your view of Feather Hi Stainless blades, Barry.
I used one (once), and found it way too sharp for my preference.

The Parker 94, being a hefty razor, paired with such a sharp blade must take a lot of concentration!

The Nivea shave cream you used is news to me. I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Is it available in the shops?

Happy Easter

P
Lots of concentration, the lightest of touch and treating the razor with the upmost respect ...I got the Nivea shave cream from Boots, certain Tesco store's stock it too...The Feather Hi stainless will never be a firm favourite of mine i still find them to be 'over-sharp over-priced, and burn out too quickly. However this morning it performed wonderfully...Enjoy the long Easter weekend. Yours- Barry.

Last edited:
Sat 16 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TGS Sea Citrus Splash
Nice enough soap with a pleasant aquamarine scent and a satisfactory lather whip up by the awesomely soft brush!
Another excellent shave with the razor paired with this blade. 3passes at max setting 9 for a bbs finish. It's amazing to realize how after some reasonable acquisitions in almost 4 years...to find the best shaves are by these old simple cheap razors. The aftershaves were terrific as well...
20220416_093512.jpg

20FmAWK.png

A&E ‘Under the Sea’
PAA phantom aerolite 26mm
ATT M1 Crown knurled handle
Gillette Nacet #3
A&E ‘Under the Sea’ AS

Lovely shave using the very pleasant Springtime scent ( to my nose ) now sitting on the patio getting the morning Sunshine on my face which always lifts the spirits for the day ahead. Have a great Easter weekend folks!

16/04/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Rex Ambassador @2.5
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whisky Woods

P4160002.JPG
A very nice shave earlier today, same as yesterday going straight in XTG and then a mixed pass to pick up anything left behind.
I find these blades really smooth although not too sharp, ideal for the Rex.
The HWF performing very well as usual, easily face lathered with the little Yaqi.
Stay safe and Enjoy the weekend everyone.

0E2CB94C-1891-4A77-A31C-423A6DC29409.jpeg

Alpha Outlaw SHD 2-Band—Lisa's Natural Herb Company, VETIVER
Vector on Yaqi handle—Kai DIA Double Diamond (1)

Shave: Haven't tried these Kai DIA blades in many razors, and never been wowed by them, until this morning.
One pass and a touch-up. I might have just found the Vector's best friend...

793E5CCE-2910-4003-9716-D1C6C2A28FFE.jpeg
SOTD: 16/04/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lothur Tears Croap
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Glad to be back to a full den and the might Masamune was in fine form. I need to get the matching splash to this and my signature soaps and it only proves the fact that I now seem to enjoy all my UK based soaps as much if not more than my others!
Enjoy the weekend guys!

View attachment 86932

Alpha Outlaw SHD 2-Band—Lisa's Natural Herb Company, VETIVER
Vector on Yaqi handle—Kai DIA Double Diamond (1)

Shave: Haven't tried these Kai DIA blades in many razors, and never been wowed by them, until this morning.
One pass and a touch-up. I might have just found the Vector's best friend...
I have that handle and it’s great. Hard to fault at the regular price but I paid about £7 in a flash sale they do on the AliExpress app.

Back
Top Bottom