SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

0aDCfFo.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Bullgoose / Jabonman Mediterraneo
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Alvarez Gomez Barberia EdC

Great shave, with a distinctly mediterranean feel.

Thursday 21st April

Omega S-Brush - Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream - Wilkinson Sword TTO/Treet New Steel - Malizia Uomo Vetyver

Bowl lathered today and the Nivea was much better. The razor is mild but gave a lovely result with 3 passes. More than good enough for a day off work.
The nerves are starting to kick in now. My 'wee sweetie' Seren goes to the vet early tomorrow morning for a biopsy and removal of 2 lumps. A small lump on her and a much larger lump from my wallet. I am going to spend some quality time with her today
Best wishes for tomorrow.

Thur 21st April

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Feather Pro ( 4 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion
Needed a good Shave, as attending my Bro in Laws funeral. Not sad as it is a release from years of no real life Nice that his wife will have support of Family and many former colleagues from work and sporting endeavours.

CC1E68B2-B9DD-4E40-8365-DE2C305BA344.jpeg

3DF3EA2A-BF39-464C-B8F8-A35FDF267C3D.jpeg
SOTD: 21/04/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Healing Bracelets UK Wood Sage and Sea Salt Puck
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Day 2 with the Hone 15s and a much happier affair, I went to town with the cube and gave it the unfair test of a new soap. I saw their soaps on Etsy and thought I’d give it a punt, at £2-£3 a puck it was worth a try and they had some interesting scents! First time out the block with a razor that is known for its challenging sticky surface, was hardly a fair test, but it met it easily! It started off slow To lather, it’s a thick hard soap but eventually it gave a great thick, dense lather. It was nice and slick too, the scent was light off the puck but pleasant and it grew to a light medium when lathered. Overall a very surprising and pleasant shave from both new bits of kit!

RR Gamechanger .68 | Silver Star | ShedEleven Scauld Law Ash Boar | Proraso Green | Boots Freshwood AS & Balm

BD5B7D14-9FC8-457F-9F21-F17EB488EF7F.jpeg

I’m simply loving this razor and it’s ability to provide a quality daily shave without fuss. Astonishingly well made for the money, classic looks, 316 stainless steel, excellent heft, balance and grip, low profile head for under the schnozz and just the right amount of blade feel so you know what you’re doing at all times. What’s not to love? To answer the ‘one razor’ for life question: this is the chap.

That said, I would like to add the .84 base plate for those instances where I’m attacking a few days growth but it would be a ‘nice to have’ rather than a ‘must have’.

Blade-wise, the Silver Star is a very pleasant surprise being both very sharp and rather smooth. I’ve enjoyed the Big Ben from Lord’s extensive stable but this feels like a step up in sharpness and if anything is smoother still. Cheaper than chips so when able to, I’ll be adding a few hundred to the armoury. Not that I need blades…

Yesterdays shave was a cracker too but somehow, I just never got round to posting it. Hey ho…

View attachment 87111
SOTD: 21/04/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Healing Bracelets UK Wood Sage and Sea Salt Puck
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Day 2 with the Hone 15s and a much happier affair, I went to town with the cube and gave it the unfair test of a new soap. I saw their soaps on Etsy and thought I’d give it a punt, at £2-£3 a puck it was worth a try and they had some interesting scents! First time out the block with a razor that is known for its challenging sticky surface, was hardly a fair test, but it met it easily! It started off slow To lather, it’s a thick hard soap but eventually it gave a great thick, dense lather. It was nice and slick too, the scent was light off the puck but pleasant and it grew to a light medium when lathered. Overall a very surprising and pleasant shave from both new bits of kit!
Do you rinse the cube off before applying the soap?

RR Gamechanger .68 | Silver Star | ShedEleven Scauld Law Ash Boar | Proraso Green | Boots Freshwood AS & Balm

View attachment 87112

I’m simply loving this razor and it’s ability to provide a quality daily shave without fuss. Astonishingly well made for the money, classic looks, 316 stainless steel, excellent heft, balance and grip, low profile head for under the schnozz and just the right amount of blade feel so you know what you’re doing at all times. What’s not to love? To answer the ‘one razor’ for life question: this is the chap.

That said, I would like to add the .84 base plate for those instances where I’m attacking a few days growth but it would be a ‘nice to have’ rather than a ‘must have’.

Blade-wise, the Silver Star is a very pleasant surprise being both very sharp and rather smooth. I’ve enjoyed the Big Ben from Lord’s extensive stable but this feels like a step up in sharpness and if anything is smoother still. Cheaper than chips so when able to, I’ll be adding a few hundred to the armoury. Not that I need blades…

Yesterdays shave was a cracker too but somehow, I just never got round to posting it. Hey ho…
Do you want to borrow an .84 plate to see if you like it G?

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Astra Sp ( 3 )
Brush = Atomic Rocket 26mm Ny PAA
Soap = Tabac Stick
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
Balm = Nivea Sensitive Daily Lotion
25817CB6-2AC4-440E-9184-F3643071E624.jpeg
Another Mix n Match but a great shave nonetheless.
How good is tabac when you haven’t used it in a while ?
One of the top 10 i reckon.
The sun is starting to shine here in Norway and i’m starting to get a hit of colour in the cheeks.
it goes from 2-3 degrees in the morning to 20 odds in the afternoon.
You wouldn’t expect 20 to be that hot but i certainly feel it & the snow on thr mountains are starting to melt.
Roll on the summer
Stay safe lads

No, I was with in the shower then reapply where I’m shaving to a slightly wet face. I then lather on top. Its what the PAA site recommended and seems to work for me.
I suppose it loads a load of slick glycerine on to your face for the shave? The only problem is that you're not going to know the true performance of a soap if that's applied. Any soap requiring the additional use of the Cube probably isn't worth using.

I suppose it loads a load of slick glycerine on to your face for the shave? The only problem is that you're not going to know the true performance of a soap if that's applied. Any soap requiring the additional use of the Cube probably isn't worth using.
Probably. I’ve got in the habit of using it. I’m going to give it a break when it runs out and see how I do without it. It’s a great face wash soap though.

Back
Top Bottom