SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = RK Made For Henson
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Soap = Condate By Signature
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck
View attachment 87081
Fantastic shave with the Karve
Light razors seem to be doing it for me just now,
Whether it’s plastic, Bakelite or Steel the lighter the better.
I never thought in a million years i would go for something so light but the shaves just keep getting better,
i say that but they are mostly all good with a couple of exceptions.
The Soap again Top Drawer and i actually forgot i had this one
how embarrassing.
Everything about Signature it’s first class,
Topped off with the good old nivea and followed with what i would say is one of the best balms in the business
Stay Safe Boys & Girls
Thanks Mike. Best Regards Brian

Thursday’s Shave

Vy7XJVu.png

Blackland ERA L5 OC / Nacet
Ever Ready 150P 22mm Maggard 2- band
DG Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Shaving Soap & Aftershave
One-pass DFS and back to the mad house with Rosie.

gjgf046.png

Thu 21 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Dorko Solingen 43
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Absolutely wonderful lather from this soap! Richly creamy and very slick with a nice light scent...
An enjoyable shave with this excellent razor. The edge feels wonderfully smooth after stropping on the Kanayama for the 1st time. Managed the usual dfs-ccs result after 3passes with 2 weepers stopped easily with alum. The aftershaves were very nice too.
20220421_171555.jpg

21/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk16  (6).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Thursday 21st April

Omega S-Brush - Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream - Wilkinson Sword TTO/Treet New Steel - Malizia Uomo Vetyver

Bowl lathered today and the Nivea was much better. The razor is mild but gave a lovely result with 3 passes. More than good enough for a day off work.
The nerves are starting to kick in now. My 'wee sweetie' Seren goes to the vet early tomorrow morning for a biopsy and removal of 2 lumps. A small lump on her and a much larger lump from my wallet. I am going to spend some quality time with her today

Thursday 21st April

Omega S-Brush - Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream - Wilkinson Sword TTO/Treet New Steel - Malizia Uomo Vetyver

Bowl lathered today and the Nivea was much better. The razor is mild but gave a lovely result with 3 passes. More than good enough for a day off work.
The nerves are starting to kick in now. My 'wee sweetie' Seren goes to the vet early tomorrow morning for a biopsy and removal of 2 lumps. A small lump on her and a much larger lump from my wallet. I am going to spend some quality time with her today
Hope all goes well Brian.

21 April

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
PAA Peregrino
ATT SE1 Al
Schick Proline P30
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

5D2233CE-46FE-494E-A298-8D39FF99CC4B.jpeg
The CK-6 soap and PAA brush produced an excellent lather, and I seem to have, finally, developed the lightness of touch required to use a lightweight aluminium razor. No burn, and a close shave. A good start to the day.

Thursday 21st April

I know the feeling, Brian.

Our dear department dog, Basher, had a lump removed, and it turned out to be benign. But the wait for the biopsy result was a nail biting time.

Wishing Seren the very best.

P

IMG_0838.jpg

A new brush for this shave, my Semogue Owners Club boar in an ash handle. It’s been washed a couple of times but this is the first use and it does have some way to go before it’s fully broken in. Nonetheless it was able to lather up the Stirling Executive Man soap well. It paints but does not yet splay.

Anyway, I enjoyed another good shave with the Envoy and a new Personna Med Prep. No cuts, no weepers or nasties at all. It’s still a razor you need to take care with and the shave is very close. So afterwards I reached for the Captain’s Choice Venture Balm to match the Aventus scent of the Stirling Soap.

Enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Captain’s Choice Venture Balm
Bowl: Face lather

Back
Top Bottom