SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

SOTD: 18/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 11th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Monday 18th December
Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless #5 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Wilkinson Sword Stick - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231216-213619-01.jpg

18/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (Shimmed)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDC
Wk 50 (3).jpg
A Great shave with the shimmed WS-D2 today. The shim has had the edge removed plus a sliver from each end tab, i find it is easier to separate it from the blade.
Another full Tabac day, the new balm seems stronger scented than the Vintage version as does the EDC against the Splash. All very nice
Enjoy your day all.

Monday 18 December
I’m still enjoying the GEM bladed hoe experience and it doesn’t seem to matter which of my vintage razors that I have used this past week, they have all been excellent, so today it’s GEM Micromatic time. It’s interesting to note that the old tried and tested method of securing the blade in the head with a simple lift of the top flap was “upgraded“ to a TTO mechanism that lifts the top flap. A labour saving move I guess :ROFLMAO: . It’s also gone all Art Deco in appearance, especially the box it came in. “Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose” however as it doesn’t give any better shave than its amazing predecessors.
Soap is Ach Brito, soft and creamy, suitably re shaped to fit its new home. It’s mildly scented non irritating and very easy to lather with the Rubberset.
The blade is on its 5th outing and is starting to go off but still a very acceptable bbs finish.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0419.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom