SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

SOTD: 16th December 2023.

e.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 'Mixed Midget' Badger/Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Boots Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream.
Razor: King C. Gillete. (Face) - Statum Platinum Chrome. (1)
Razor:Treet Swift II Platinum. (Head) - (D3)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool AS-Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend. I can't remember the I last time that I added the Boots Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream to my soap/cream rotation, and forgot how it produces a good protective slick lather, with a nice clean fragrance...However, it's not quite as good has the Palmolive Classic cream, but still a good in-expensive shave cream, which i have totally under appreciated, like a few other shaving assortments I've neglected in my humble shaving den.

The Statum Platinum Chrome are another Indian made blade which my mature rhino skin type likes and paired together with the King C Gillette wonderfully. The characteristics of the SPC feel like an hybrid of the Treet 7 Days Platinum/Dorco prime platinum the smoothness of the Dorco PP with the assertiveness of the Treet TDP..I've came to the conclusion that if a blade works for the individual user with acceptable results that's all that matters. It doesn't matter where the origin of DE blade is manufactured. Most Sub-continent made shaving assortments don't get the credit they rightly deserve. Another excellent blade.

The Treet Swift II Platinum started to feel uncomfortable & tuggy on the ATG + Pickup pass on leaving my head feeling DFS/close and fortunately with no cuts or irritation. I will change the Cartridge head for for my next head/dome shave on Tuesday....Head/dome shaving dulls a blade edge much quicker than with face shaving. I'm not complaining as 3 head/dome shaves from a blade/cartridge head is good going IMHO.

A DF face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Cool ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Razor = Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade = Lord Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Custom Boar Stoat
Soap =MWF
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Original
IMG_0284.jpeg
I love the simplicity of this shave everything cheap as chips except the brush.
I managed to find 2 different Lord blades out here in Angola.
Made in Egypt so i’ll assume they are just standard Lord Blades.
Anyone know where lord blades are made ???.
A cracking shave with the wonderful sticky.
Bed time for me again it’s all i seem to say.
Adios.

Razor = Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade = Lord Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Custom Boar Stoat
Soap =MWF
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Original
View attachment 114595
I love the simplicity of this shave everything cheap as chips except the brush.
I managed to find 2 different Lord blades out here in Angola.
Made in Egypt so i’ll assume they are just standard Lord Blades.
Anyone know where lord blades are made ???.
A cracking shave with the wonderful sticky.
Bed time for me again it’s all i seem to say.
Adios.
@Mike Smart i believe Egypt

Saturday 16th December
Triceratops Deluxe 3D - GEM Stainless #4 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Arran Lochranza - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000016930-02.jpg

SOTD 16-Dec
20231215_152653-02.jpeg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: HoM Beloved
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Absolutely brilliant shave, this one is a little lighter in tone than the Lavender Noir, stronger on scent but similar to the Sossego, very very nice.

Once again the real test is the Mrs, I have my concerns that this might be a little too light, but in this instance I'm going to say 'tough' as I do like it...FYI she doesn't really try to make me get rid of things, I'm under the thumb but not that far, happy wife and all that.

Hope everyone has a good 'un!

Cheers

Marc

Mikey Lee Soapworks “The Kraken”
Wolfwhiskers Abyss 24mm
Mongoose B2 Hempel titanium handle
Kai titan mild #1
Argan Oil

Broke out the aquatic scented soap from the now defunct MLS and the SE Mongoose. The shave is very efficient and close with the Kai blades which should give me fifteen shave over the course of nearly a month, Hope the weekend is not too hectic for folks!

SOTD: 16/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co Gunslinger (sample) Croap
Aftershave: Barber Station Devil’s Water Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

Saturday 16 December

The Martin De Candre range of soaps aren’t the cheapest out there but you definitely get what you pay for with them. Today I used the Fougere version. It is soft and creamy with a luxurious bright scent. The Vetiver version is similarly soft and luxurious but with a more earthy scent. Very few soaps that I have used actually leave their scent lingering in the bathroom after use like these soaps do. An added bonus.
The travel brush is of unknown origin, has excellent balance, was probably very inexpensive when new, is well made and a joy to use. I have put in a new badger knot however. You can find this style of travel brush on the net but they are usually made from thinly rolled tin plate and are very cheap and nasty.
GEM Junior and blade are a given for top performance and didn’t disappoint. One main pass wtg followed by pick ups and cheek atg pass for bbs finish.
I have grown to like the Baxter balm, it performs best if it isn’t massaged in but just left on the skin in a fine film to soak in naturally.

Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0412.jpeg

16/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Lights
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 50 (1).jpg
A great lather as expected from the Tabac original formula, Its been a while since i used the Feather "Kamisori", with the light blades the shave angle is more open than i would normally use, however, the light blade seems to tame it a lot. Saying that i picked up a graze under the chin and felt the edge catch a small mole i have, both sorted with an alum rub and a cold water rinse.
Ya Cannae beat a bit o' Tabac.
Enjoy your evening all.

Back
Top Bottom