SOTD : Saturday 15tt - Friday 21th August 2020.

Monday AM 2020-08-17
National Cupcake Day
jMWxJrS.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Ethos Lavender shaving soft soap
LASSC BBS-1
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (1)
Ethos Lavender splash
DifD542.jpg

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Taylor Witness 1000 Sheffield Full Hollow 15/16th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
P & B Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Late Evening Shave with My Taylor & Witness 1000 Sheffield 15/16th...I Had a Very Close Smooth & Comfortable Shave this Evening with this Big Shiny Blade..A Very Comfortable & Close Shaver..:p

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:happy108:

Billy

Date:- 18 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Squadron Soaps (Australian made) ~ Group Captain's Blend
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Tabac Tuesday 18 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Epic lather from Tabac. Super thick, super creamy and very slick. Scent was alright...lol. A great brush for face lathering.
Shave with one of my fav vintage razor paired with blade was real nice. Smooth as can be, sharpish and comfortable for 3+1 multiple direction passes. No issues at all. Very close result from bbs to dfs.
Icy cold water rinse followed by Thayers ensured a chilling sensation. Soothed by Hyaluronic then fragrance by AV Musk.
Rating 9.5/10
20200818_094028.jpg
20200818_094055.jpg

SOTD : 18th August 2020.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Sanex Men ~ Sensitive Soap Free Shower Body & Face Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Semogue 1438.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Soap : (Modern) Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

Blade: Tiger Platinum. (3)

Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version.)

Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

I haven't used the Williams Mug Shaving soap for a while and have forgotten how a good slick protective lather can be achieved from it with added time and patience.

My method of using it is a five minute bloom in tepid or cold water, either gives the same results. Next i pore the bloom water over the tips of my damp brush then mix for 2 minutes until i get it to the consistancy i like.

I find williams & other hard soaps such as MWF, Scottish Fine shaving soap,+ Tabac work best when using them on a regular use.

My fondness for this classic old school in-expensive shaving soap grows with each shave..The post shave feel it delivers is superb.

I've yet to have the pleasure of trying the vintage Williams which i assume will be even better.

My vintage Gillette ball end tech performed with excellence and paired up wonderfully with the Tiger Platinum resulting in a comfortable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Aloe Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tue 18th August

RazoRock 400 SE.
MWF
Occams Hiram/ plate
Kai CT Mild/Pink [ 4 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

The Hiram continues to deliver , though my MWF is on its last knockings it still produces a superb lather which makes the Shave go well. I wonder if this Razor like the Cobra it is supposed to replace, will only appear in the market place occasionally. Rather a shame that due to poor quality control they delivered some with defects, as I am getting great Shaves with mine.

IMG_0971.jpg

20200816_111356.jpg
SOTD 18th August
Lather - Yaqi Sagrada Familia + WSP Citrus Blast
Razor - Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
Blade - Lord Platinum #2
Post - Boots Freshwood AS lotion and balm

A great shave this morning. Another stunning lather from soap and brush combo. Put a ton of water into the lather just to see and the WSP coped with it admirably.
Blade and razor combo mowed down 2 days growth effortlessly, 3 passes, no irritation, no alum feedback and no weepers. The razor is so smooth and nimble - definitely a daily driver.
Nice Post shave from the Boots Freshwood duo to set me up for the day. My first early morning shave for a while and it was a joy.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

Back
Top Bottom