SOTD : Saturday 15tt - Friday 21th August 2020.

A different kind of shave today.. After a hot shower

Shave Butter............ British Barbers Assc
Razor.........................Karve brass (D)
Blade.........................Nacet (3)
Asb............................British Barbers Assc
Asl.............................Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Applied the shave butter to a damp face and had a 2 pass super smooth. The BBA balm , took me by surprise as its a deep reddish brown ,but felt perfect. The shave butter and balm were both gifts from @Blademonkey and as i know that our little friend Taz is not very well, would like to dedicate this shave to them.

Stay safe, Regards Alfie

SOTD 16/08 - Above The Tie R1 on an Alpha Shaving Bravo handle, BIC Chrome Platinum (2), A& E Asian Plum, Alpha Shaving Chubby with a 28mm AP Shave Co 2Bed synthetic

200816-SOTD.jpg

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you're all well.

Pre- Cold water splash,
Soap- TOBS Coconut Cream
Brush- ES Medium Jock
Razor- EJ89
Blade- Astra SP #2
Post- Cold Water Spash, Osma Alum Block
Balm- Barts Rosemary & Sandalwood
ASL- TOBS Sandalwood Gel

Well two days ago I was red raw around my neck after shaving.
Today, very little feedback after a rub with the block.
So all in all I'm very pleased with today's effort after being a little apprehensive before starting.
By the way TOBS Sandalwood Gel is an absolutely amazing aftershave gel.

SOTD 16/8/20

Prep- hot shower
Soap- MDC
Razor- Gillette Fatboy
Blade- polsilver super iridium (2)
Brush- Simpson t3
A/S- Extro Cosmesi O'selvaggio

Very similar shave as yesterday. Changed out the slim for the fatboy and ditched the super shave x blade as I was happy enough with 4 shaves from it. Could have gotten another but what's the point? Fatboy did a good job with the polsilver. 3 passes and touch ups and bbs. Polsilver not quite as smooth as the X blades but slightly sharper. Enjoying the MDC and is firmly in my rotation. Happy Sunday Gents. (y)

Sunday 16th August

Semogue LE Silvertip - SV Cubebe Soap - Fatip Slant OC/Treet Classic (Carbon) - Segno for Men EDP

The same razor/blade setup as yesterday as the finish yesterday was excellent and once used carbon steel blades do start to deteriorate.
Three passes for another fantastic finish to see me through the night :)

SOTD 16 August 2020

Pre-shave: Shower, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Shave - Vectis.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Gillete 7 O'Clock Green (Day 1).
EDC: Trumper's Paisley.

IMG_1733.jpg

First run out with the Hone 15 for a long time - far to long; also first pairing (I think) with a 7 O'Clock Green - I use the Gilette Yellow more often than not with the Hone 15; the Green for me was on par, if not slightly more efficient.

A 2 pass ahave with a DFS+ finish - no big plans for the day, so decided to leave alone after the second pass; a very relaxing shave.

The Vectic lathered up beautifully, great protection, glide and scent - post shave the Hellenic Aloe dissapeared into the skin; one of my favourite Alloa Vera Gels - a great find from Crete, last year.

I hope everyone is safe and well; and that the week to come is a good one.

Chris

20200816_111356.jpg
SOTD 16th August
Lather - Yaqi Sagrada Familia + WSP Citrus Blast
Razor - Star Model 100
Blade - Lord Platinum #1
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer and L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap

Normal service is resumed after the trauma of the Gillette Black 7 O Clock. Lovely lather from the trusty Yaqi and fresh smelling WSP soap. Smooth but close 3 passes. Shaved with this blade 3 or 4 times previously and each shave was like this one - smooth and close with no weepers, no alum feedback and no irritation. Post shave was just what I needed - refreshing and invigorating.
Hope you've all had a good weekend, stay safe and enjoy those shaves.

Sunday 16th

Fuar ach snog preshave
Yaqi synthetic
Proraso Green cream
Rex Envoy
Gilette Silver Blue

Fine Snakebite
Hyalauronic acid
Myrsol Emulsion

Same shave yesterday and today. With the grain followed by an across the grain.

Taking care to use the lightest possible touch seems to be the main thing. I was already using much less pressure than with cartridges, but using even less seems to really help.

Some alum feedback but certainly not a huge amount. Very pleasant.

I'm glad I stuck with it with the Envoy, as I now feel like it's getting me a closer, more comfortable shave than the R106 - which seemed to need more passes.

Back
Top Bottom