SOTD : Saturday 15tt - Friday 21th August 2020.

Sun 16th August

RR 400.SE-Plissoft Noir
Officina Artigiana
Occams Hiram Commander/ No2 plate
Kai CTM-Pink [ 2 ]
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

I should perhaps have used a No2 plate on this Razor rather than a No3 which had worked for me on an Oren. I have found that this Razor/ Blade combo works well as it feels very agile during the Shave, which was smooth and extremely comfortable. The finish is far superior to those attained in previous shaves with this Razor, and all without any problems. Looking forward to another Shave with it tomorrow.

IMG_0959.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday, 16 August 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur
Blade Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

Three passes, but—like yesterday—dialled the Futur down to 4,3,3—I have been using it at 6 for the past while, and (that's) a bit too aggressive. In any event, I was a nice smooth shave—just the way to start the morning. Enjoy what remains of the weekend, folks.

Sunday 16th August
Zenith 507 - Vintage Old Spice - Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Proline B #2 - Old Spice Original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
8Bxovq3.jpg

20200811_092947.jpg
SOTD 15th August

Usual set up and my final shave with this blade. The Tech could do nothing to calm it. I've had 4 awful shaves with it and glad to see the back of it. The final 2 blades I'll be using are a total unknown and unused by me and another blade which comes with a variable quality control reputation.
Looking forward to it.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

Pre shave: warm shower followed by Proraso pre shave cream.
Brush: Omega boar brush
Blade: Gilette Silver Blue #1
Razor : Executive Shaving Outlaw
Soap: Signature Shaving Soap Eboracum
ASB; Proraso sensitive skin balm
The shave was an epiphany ; I had tried a Gilette 7 o clock yellow razor blade and the shave wasn't comfortable so decided to use a new GSB blade; what a change: smooth, comfortable and really close shave thanks to the blade and the excellent shaving soap. I'm getting to know this razor and like it alot.
Glad you liked it
Regards Brian

Sandalwood Sunday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - ESC big Jock
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (4)
Post - Saponificio Varesino Opuntia AS (sample)

A nice comfortable almost three pass shave. I've got some sample Saponificio Varesino ASs from the Exec Shave Co, they sent with a replacement shave bowl. Mighty impressed with the service. I'd enquired if the ageing on my horn shave bowl was usual, it wasn't and they replaced it without me even asking them to.

16/08/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth.
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: 5/8 PSL Golden Dispatch / Yaqi SE
Blade: Perma sharp half blade (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Bay Rum #1 splash
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One
1. Peter Ludwig Schmidt  (1).jpg

Wk 33 (1) Sun.JPG
I missed my Straight shave yesterday, therefore, this morning i gave the PSL a 1 pass run out WTG, giving an SAS finish, i had no issues this morning using the PSL and even managed a few confident over and under the chin strokes. i feel i am getting there.
Then back to the original plan of using the new Yaqi half blade SE. i completed a XTG pass then a little buffing ATG on the rough areas.
End result BBS & comfortable.
A very nice post shave finishing of a very enjoyable shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

A lavender shave this early evening...
  • Warm pre-wash with Ach Brito Glyce Lime soap
  • Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Tuxedo brush
  • TOBS Lavender shaving cream
  • Lathered in newly acquired and repurposed Tibetan 'Singing Bowl'
  • Leaf razor with Gillette Nacet in slots 2 and 3
  • Extro Lavanda Muschio AS
  • Ach Brito Lavanda cologne
View attachment 58413

Another nice shave with the Leaf, but I'm going to revert to using only slots 1 and 2, as slot 3 makes it a little more aggressive than I prefer. No razor burn or cuts though.

The repurposed Tibetan bowl worked out great...it really helped to whip up a rich lather in seconds and if you catch the edge with your brush it 'sings' to you:). I held it under the hot tap for a few seconds and it kept the soap warm for the duration of the shave. I just need to see if any patina develops over time now, which could be a good thing or a bad thing...we'll see. (I posted some pics in the August acquisitions thread earlier if interested)

The Extro AS is fantastic and a really nice fit with the soap.

Have a great evening all(y):)
Lovely looking bowl....

HYbQnAk.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette French Brown (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Reuzel Woods & Spice Aftershave Splash
Scent: Tabac EdC

There is a very good reason why Tabac has stood the test of time and is so revered by wet shavers - its performance is reliably excellent.

Back
Top Bottom