SOTD : Saturday 15tt - Friday 21th August 2020.

Zingari Man ‘The Wanderer' sample
Neep beehive extra dense badger
ATT S1 Kronos handle
Astra SS #3
Thayers cucumber witch hazel

The soap is a soft croap that took awhile to lather up, the scent is a barbershop scent is a match for the now defunct Stroppeshoppe Barbershoppe soap, the vegan soap slickness was ok and the face feel after the shave was good.

Mon 17th August

Vulfix 404 mixed
L`Occitane Cade Cream
Occam -Hiram Commander/No2 plate
Kai Captain Mild Pink [ 3 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Moving down from the No3 plate to a No2 has proved a good move as I have just completed the 4th consecutive good Shave. Today was really nice as I used a Cream for a change, I had forgotten just how good this was to Shave with and the post Shave feel is excellent too. The Hiram for me is not only good for a one off Shave but is good to use as a Daily Shaver.

IMG_0960.jpg

MacaRoot Mon 17 SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Good creamy lather with nice scent and slickness.
Shave with razor paired with blade at setting 9 for 3+1 multiple passes was good. Smooth, comfortable and almost no blade feel. This razor has been long ignored. Am pleased with the performance and the bbs to dfs result.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and MacaRoot Aloe Gel felt great. Rating 9.3/10
20200817_131802.jpg
20200817_132351.jpg

17/8/20

Brush - Zenith Euro X Boar
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette 7 Green PPI (6)
Post - Witch Hazel
Splash - Barbon

I'd not used VRC in ages, and whilst building the lather I didn't load enough soap/over hydrated the lather so it was a little thinner than I usually like but it performed incredibly well in the shave. I wasn't that enthuasiastic about the 7 Green to begin with but like a few other PPI blades it performs best after a few shaves under it's belt, it's a really smooth and efficient blade, performs as well as any other PPI blade.

Anyway gents, have a good start to the week.

Date:- 17 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey" :love:
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Afternoon shave today...

Software: Ach Brito Glyce Lime soap pre-wash / Omega shaving cream / Floid Mentolado Vigoroso AS / Mont Blanc Legend Night EDP

Harware: Tibetan singing bowl / Yaqi 24mm Moka Express Mew Brown Synthetic Brush / Merkur 34G + Gillette Nacet

DSC_0947.JPG

Yes, I chose to use the Mont Blanc Legend Night even though it was an afternoon shave simply because the bottle looked so 'right' with my new Yaqi brush...so sue me! :cool::rolleyes:;)

17/08/20
Cool Shower & Facial scrub
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Faux Horse
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Yaqi Adjustable V1
Blade: Gillette 7oC Green (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's bay Rum splash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 33 (2) Mon.JPG
A bit more adjustment today, i started on 2.5 for the WTG and XTG passes, i felt a little irritation on my right cheek from the XTG pass, it could well be this Indian 7OC Green going off as i normally only take these to 2-3 shaves and out depending on razor, therefore, i backed the razor off to 1.75 to finish off with some ATG buffing.
Result =BBS although i did get a bit indication on the right from both the splash and aftershave.
The next run out i will use a sharper blade, i have a 3 shave Rubie that i will finish off.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Afternoon shave.
Pre shave warm/ hot water on face to soften up the stubble.
Pre shave cream: Proraso
Razor blade; Gilette Silver Blue #4
Brush: Semagogue badger
Razor: Executive Shaving Outlaw
Soap: Signature Shaving Soap -Vectis
ASB; Proraso menthol
Lynx underarm deodorant.
Reading the advice and views of the folk on this forum made me experiment ie using very little pressure on the razor I attempted to shave and my goodness what a difference it made. Instead of concentrating on the removal of stubble I just concentrated on removing shaving soap. WTG, ATG (I could have stopped there but was enjoying the shave so much I did a XTG) . The end result was BBS smooth and after applying some balm I felt grrrrrrreat. Again, I cant speak highly enough of Signature Soaps - outstanding slickness, combined with a beautiful scent and , the razor (great feedback,blade firmly held in place and let the weight of the razor do the work)-everything worked together. The blade is starting to lose some of its smoothness so will probably try a a Gilette black next or a Nacet..Happy shaving all.

Last edited:
SOTD 17/8/20

Pre- Ach Brito Glyce
Razor- Rockwell 6c
Blade - Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Cream - La Toja (tube)
Brush- Proraso Boar
Post- Thayers Cucumber

Plate 4 to start with and didn't feel like I was taking much off but stuck with it. Second pass XTG also on plate 4 and I followed that up with an ATG pass on the 2 plate of the Rockwell 6c.

Zero irritation and zero weepers yet a surprising very close to BBS finish. Not sure if it was the blade (1st try) or other factors but its one of those shaves that turned out great despite not promising much from the off.

On the La Toja cream...does anyone else find its ridiculously close to Tabac in scent? Either way its a decent performer.

Happy Monday one and all.

Afternoon shave today...

Software: Ach Brito Glyce Lime soap pre-wash / Omega shaving cream / Floid Mentolado Vigoroso AS / Mont Blanc Legend Night EDP

Harware: Tibetan singing bowl / Yaqi 24mm Moka Express Mew Brown Synthetic Brush / Merkur 34G + Gillette Nacet

View attachment 58467

Yes, I chose to use the Mont Blanc Legend Night even though it was an afternoon shave simply because the bottle looked so 'right' with my new Yaqi brush...so sue me! :cool::rolleyes:;)

This is spectacular. To me it's evoking images of Sean Connery / Goldfinger. Settling down in guest quarters at Goldfinger's gilded abode for a shave before dinner, because that's what really bad guys do, host their enemies in decadent opulence before the big confrontation.

Back
Top Bottom