SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

AA7DE0C8-2306-46DA-90C7-D866B06C5281.jpeg
Pre: hot shower
Soap: alphy&becs fresh cotton
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: ever ready 1912
Blade: Gem PTFE

Time to use ever ready again - been a while since I had it out, and felt like a quick have with it should be in order.... oh I didn’t expect to forget how to use it properly - as far as I remember it, it felt way milder few months back! Got out with couple of weepers and DFS finish. All in all a good shave.

now that I think about it, it also could be the lather too. This soap doesn’t produce very slick lather nor some very protective one. Just enough to get the job done . Guess it was case of bit of both there.

finished off with proraso red asl for that nice stinging kick (albeit more than usual) and barts balm Ben lomond.

and now it’s time to hit the hay. Until tomorrow gentlemen ! (Or more like today)

Wed 19 OTR SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather Professional 4th
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Superb soap qualities!! Awesome delicious scent with a rich, thickly creamy & slick lather...just very good! Love this soap!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good and efficient. Can feel the blade is crisply sharp but yet smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a BBS result!! Enjoyed the excellent aftershaves too!
20210519_090107.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget" (Badger/Boar) 20/43mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Night Before
Razor/Blade:- Maggard Razors Std. v3.0 with MR11 Bulldog / Ladas Super Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

20210519_073218.jpg
SOTD May 18th
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - Soap Commander Honor
Razor - Gem Micromatic
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #8
Post - Brut ASL & L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap
Once again, the Micromatic makes shaving an experience. Yes you need to concentrate, yes it's efficient and aggressive, yes there's a ton of blade feel but boy it's a joy to use!
Continue to stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

Wednesday 19th May
Cadman Custom - Wickham Gothic Revival - Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Wickham Gothic Revival ASB
meEllfC.jpg

Tacac Tuesday Caravan SOTD

Tabac Stick
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Yaqi Excalibur
Kai Protouch MG (2)
Tabac Aftershave

I was going to shave yesterday, but it being my birthday, I decided to give it a miss.

Kai Protouch MG on it's 2nd shave was a pure delight in the Yaqi Excalibur. As smooth as silk, aided by the wonderful Tabac lather.

We're in North Cornwall for a weeks holiday, and the weather is against us. Although we had a nice few hours in Bideford yesterday.
Planning to visit Barnstaple today for a look about, and maybe a pub lunch.
Happy Birthday Paul, have a great day. Regards Brian

SOTD 19-May
20210519_105716.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and Rogue UK Energising face scrub
Brush: Shave Factory/Omega Boar
Razor: Henckels Friodur 6/8 72-V
Soap: Proraso Red

A little more time on my hands than usual this morning so picked out the 72 for a run out. My only wedge/near wedge and love using it.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom