SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

The first entry for this week's SOTD's and a very happy one at that. And this one comes to you with the theme 'A giant Bradley of a shave'

View attachment 82929

A big chap - Stainless Colonial General
7ft what!? - Feather Professional
Size what shoes!? - Wee Whiskey Barrel
How long!? - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Enough to make your eyes water Elizabeth - Jack

A well formulated razor which always gets things right. A God amongst razors, and with a Feather Pro onboard hard to get anything wrong. And it didn't.

A lesser formulated new member in the cabinet is the new Signature Soaps Wicstun. Will it behave? Will it prove itself worthy?

To me the name alone 'Wicstun' is a great honour in itself. Wicstun being the oldy worldly name for Market Weighton in East Yorkshire. Birth place of Britain's tallest ever man, William Bradley at 7ft 9". Locally known as Giant Bradley or to those brave enough at the time 'Look at that big bastard'. Not only that it also happens to be the place my father lived and where we now hold on to his house and partially live. Mother and father being buried not that far from the Giant Bradley in the parish church.

So yeh, a great honour and thank you @BrianH

But is it worthy? Indeed it is. Brian's Londinium has been very much a reach for item. I do have a few of Signature's soaps, but it is the scent which captures me. I do love lime as a scent and the Londinium has just the right level without being 'artificial', something I found CF to be. Enter the Wicstun.

Described as being Lime, bergamot, rosemary and Patchouli this soap appears to have not just the lime but a few other favourites in the mix. Primarily though it weighs itself towards the lime side of the story, by the bucket full but without over stepping the line. A Londinium on Lime steroids? I don't even really have to go down the road of tales of the lather as I have never met a Brian soap which doesn't. Perhaps more so given that faithful old dog in the Whiskey Barrel.

At the end of the day it gave itself a wonderful showing and nice that the scent lasts beyond emptying the sink. The Jack being a very capable partner in crime.

Overall then a super duper shave and the happy bunnies were out in force.

Have a lovely week ahead everyone here on the forum and may your shaves be equally as lovely.

Also new to me, but I am sure the vocalist is from quite a few other bands I have come across. I find her voice somewhat grating but it is growing on me. A bit like me, except I know I should really just fade away. No bloody chance.

On an end note. I am now out of isolation and free to walk alongside the living once again. And for that reason I just have to say 'I love you all'
Thanks Chris. Glad you liked it, it had to be on point; after all any soap with Yorkshire connection has to. Regards Brian

SOTD 17-Jan
20220116_161257.jpg
Brush: PAA Switchback Oumo Silk HMW
Soap: Mammoth Alive
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)

Good shave this morning, still love my sabre, I was thinking on it afterwards, so far I haven't found a Blackland I don't like. Which is unfortunate really because it may make me stray from the list of three I made at the start of the year and consider the Era when it's finally released...damn.

Hope everyone has a cracking week!

Cheers

Marc

Monday 17th January
Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wickham Club Cola - General Steel - Feather Pro #5 - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
YnjsvBf.jpg

Monday
Good start to the week.
GC.84 with the Elios. Just as I thought, good pairing, 2 passes and feeling fine. I think the Nacet may be too much for my mush with the .84 plate, as this took a few minutes to calm down and I'm not really a fan of razor-burn! The .84 plate would only really be broken out for a few days growth, not a daily doo-dah!
Løthur, super, just super; my face is feeling soft, supple and smooth.
Have a great week all.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_085812__01.jpg
    IMG_20220117_085812__01.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 3
Jan. 17, 2022
Quick simple effective shave. 2 passes for DFS++.

As much as razorock base usually doesn't impress me - the mudder focker is an exception. Just seems to work for my skin - I guess it's the addition of the mud in there?

Sl*t juice (oh I had to write it this way - just had to - the name is too good to have some fun with naming - no offense intended) is a beautiful neroli bomb. Love it!

17/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester D Earthy
A/S - Brut Original
Wk 03 22 (3).JPG
I enjoyed that, for me the Feather really likes the Wizamet blade, it just feels so smooth. The angle is pretty much spot on every shave now and i am finding it very efficient over 3 full passes, the other positive is that it leaves the skin feeling very, very comfortable.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom