SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

Sotd 16/01
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Barrister and mann Seville
Splash: Barrister and mann Seville
Balm: Barrister and mann Seville
Edt: Barrister and mann Seville
Alum bloc
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: karve stainless D plate
Blade: paa strangelet 3rd use

Morning folks went for a 3 pass shave this morning had about a weeks worth of growth and went full Barrister and mann again always wanted to use Seville for years after I think it was a kevy shaves video I seen and it didn't disappoint brilliant shave the soap was top drawer and the scent is really nice I get a kinda orange scent also 3rd and final use of the strangelet and yeah not bad no nicks or cuts perfect way to start a Sunday take it easy

20220116_103813.jpg20220116_103857.jpg20220116_103911.jpg20220116_104033.jpg20220116_104122.jpg20220116_104416.jpg20220116_104435.jpg20220116_110436.jpg

CD863049-DF8A-466C-9F19-B0C8B45669C6.jpeg
SOTD: 16/01/2022

Razor: Gem Micromatic
Blade: Gem Blade, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaside Soap And Skin Care Lemon Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Ben Cruachan Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A fabulous shave again, the Micromatic is a fantastic surprise! I thought I’d give another Seaside Soap And Skin Care soap a run out and it creates a lovely thick lather with a nice post shave feel. I thought yesterday’s test with a brand new badger was unfair as although it lathered well, I thought I probably could have loaded a little more soap and given it a good broken in brush or synthetic it could have been able to do better. I was right and it produced a magnificent thick lather, the soap feels great but the scent was a little too strong in the peppermint for me. I’m going to definitely buy a few more samples to try out soon.
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Signature Soaps Capra Insurium ; Shavemac 24mm Cashmere ; Parker Variant ; BIC Chrome Platinum (1)

220116-SOTD.jpg

Razor = Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade = Gillette Blue Blade
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Noble Otter Northern Elixir with matching splash
Balm = Barts Balms Ben Mccdui
C26285CB-56D2-46E0-B6BF-D0605A97403B.jpegI went for a cold water shave tonight
i say cold but i guess it was nearly freezing :ROFLMAO:
However the shave was everything i wanted it to me.
The Blade was a modern Gillette Blue but you would have thought it was made for the sticky it was so good.
iv come to the conclusion the more gear you have the more difficult it is to pick your shave lol.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys

Sunday 16th January

AM-JKLUxyzscu5LHC6I3OMADpcm9XCcLg5w0vUaA8OZiSWdqhEUt-CMu_BR99hz9dxFUg8Sf9W6ndhFR9MN6_ZMIvCQHscYpbCLcm-aOYqPBZEcjIEY2xRhSYkQ-7WygcqrOy6gVuxNiSoN2bpC-7pPyOYFJBQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Semogue SOC Taj Boar
Gillette Fusion (Flexball) Limited Edition hypebeast
Gillette Fusion ProGlide (5)
Denim Original (Vintage) Aftershave

Gorgeous creamy lather from the vintage Boots shaving bowl, which I'm guess is from the 1980s, possibly 1990s. Splash of vintage Denim to finish. Lovely!

Last edited:
Sotd-16-01-22.png
This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - R plate
blade - Treet carbon (4)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band
soap - Wickham - Apricus
post - cold water
balm - Wickham - Apricus
scent - Eau Sauvage edp. (what else?)

All good. Changed up to the R plate for my multi-day growth. Nante fuss or incident. Enjoy yours - I.

The first entry for this week's SOTD's and a very happy one at that. And this one comes to you with the theme 'A giant Bradley of a shave'

20220115_170935.jpg

A big chap - Stainless Colonial General
7ft what!? - Feather Professional
Size what shoes!? - Wee Whiskey Barrel
How long!? - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Enough to make your eyes water Elizabeth - Jack

A well formulated razor which always gets things right. A God amongst razors, and with a Feather Pro onboard hard to get anything wrong. And it didn't.

A lesser formulated new member in the cabinet is the new Signature Soaps Wicstun. Will it behave? Will it prove itself worthy?

To me the name alone 'Wicstun' is a great honour in itself. Wicstun being the oldy worldly name for Market Weighton in East Yorkshire. Birth place of Britain's tallest ever man, William Bradley at 7ft 9". Locally known as Giant Bradley or to those brave enough at the time 'Look at that big bastard'. Not only that it also happens to be the place my father lived and where we now hold on to his house and partially live. Mother and father being buried not that far from the Giant Bradley in the parish church.

So yeh, a great honour and thank you @BrianH

But is it worthy? Indeed it is. Brian's Londinium has been very much a reach for item. I do have a few of Signature's soaps, but it is the scent which captures me. I do love lime as a scent and the Londinium has just the right level without being 'artificial', something I found CF to be. Enter the Wicstun.

Described as being Lime, bergamot, rosemary and Patchouli this soap appears to have not just the lime but a few other favourites in the mix. Primarily though it weighs itself towards the lime side of the story, by the bucket full but without over stepping the line. A Londinium on Lime steroids? I don't even really have to go down the road of tales of the lather as I have never met a Brian soap which doesn't. Perhaps more so given that faithful old dog in the Whiskey Barrel.

At the end of the day it gave itself a wonderful showing and nice that the scent lasts beyond emptying the sink. The Jack being a very capable partner in crime.

Overall then a super duper shave and the happy bunnies were out in force.

Have a lovely week ahead everyone here on the forum and may your shaves be equally as lovely.

Also new to me, but I am sure the vocalist is from quite a few other bands I have come across. I find her voice somewhat grating but it is growing on me. A bit like me, except I know I should really just fade away. No bloody chance.

On an end note. I am now out of isolation and free to walk alongside the living once again. And for that reason I just have to say 'I love you all'

Back
Top Bottom