SOTD: Saturday 15th -Friday 21st June 2019.

Saturday SOTD

Zenith Synthetic
Noble Otter Monarch
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Voskhod (1)
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso AS

Feeling a bit weary tonight having spent the morning at the tattooIst. Also suffering with sciatic pain (a consequence of degenerative disc disease)
A nice long soak in a bath full of bubbles is my favourite pre shave ritual, and helps calm the senses.

Noble Otter Monarch soap has such an uplifting scent. It almost brings a smile to my face. Easily lathered with the Zenith Synthetic. A really rich, creamy lather that provides excellent protection.
Voskhod blades always give me good irritation free shaves, but I prefer Silver Blues these days for the extra smoothness they seem to have over Voskhod.
I'll try Gillette Premium's some time to compare.
Finishing with Mentolado Vigoroso - a real face stroking post shave feeling.

Proraso after the Aloe Vera?..I sometimes apply my aftershave splash after the Aloe Vera gel, either way it works wonders for my mature skin..If you haven't already tried Aloe Vera Gel to your post shave, i highly recommend it..it's superb stuff..at a very reasonable price. (y)
Yeah I have it it. My wife got me some gel after an unfortunate incident with an irritable after shave balm. It worked wonders and I've used it ever since. I only asked cos I usually whack the Proraso on straight after a shave. It's the masochist in me :p

Saturday SOTD

Zenith Synthetic
Noble Otter Monarch
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Voskhod (1)
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso AS

Feeling a bit weary tonight having spent the morning at the tattooIst. Also suffering with sciatic pain (a consequence of degenerative disc disease)
A nice long soak in a bath full of bubbles is my favourite pre shave ritual, and helps calm the senses.

Noble Otter Monarch soap has such an uplifting scent. It almost brings a smile to my face. Easily lathered with the Zenith Synthetic. A really rich, creamy lather that provides excellent protection.
Voskhod blades always give me good irritation free shaves, but I prefer Silver Blues these days for the extra smoothness they seem to have over Voskhod.
I'll try Gillette Premium's some time to compare.
Finishing with Mentolado Vigoroso - a real face stroking post shave feeling.
Hope the Sciatic pain clears quickly Paul.

Sotd - Saturday the 15th of June -

View attachment 44773

Ever Ready Stropping Set - early 1950's.

Sotd -

Razor - Ever Ready 'Streamline' - ( yes - I know they can have other names - let's for the sake of simplicity - call it that.)
blade - Every Ready 'Corrux' (1)
soap - Salter 'Lavender' - tallow - hard soap
brush - A.P Shave Company 24mm 'Silksmoke' synth
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Bart's Lavender lotion
scent - Quorum edt.

Result - peerless.

I was going to tell you all about my new razor and brush - but - some shaves should be left to speak for themselves. BBS - two passes. We'll come back to it.

Enjoy yours all - I.

@Wayne Pritchard
Great stuff, Iain. I have some Corrux blades (unwrapped, and still smelling ‘oily'). I am somewhat hesitant to use them; but will await your counsel. S.

P.S. Enjoy the Streamline...arguably the Rolls Royce of the 1912 family...

Date:- 16 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Tempest
Razor/Blade:- EJ DE89 / Feather #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Sat 15th June
Razorback Syn 22mm
Lea Classic soap
ATT SE1 /Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 7 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A nice Shave today before heading out for a double headed Match at which I am officiating. Up a bit late so pressed for time , so use of the ATT SE1 was a good choice. Probably my best AC /SE Razor, as it really works well in all areas to get
a close Shave, whereas some Razors pose problems in some areas. A late return home is the reason for a late report, a persistent cough getting me up early.

IMG_0531.jpg

SOTD: 16TH JUNE 2019.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.

Bowl: Tesco's (UK) Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: (Frankensoap) ~ Williams Mug Shaving Soap + Scottish fine shaving soap. + Erasmic shave Cream. + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Derby Premium.(2)

Razor: Parker 22R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Giorgio Beverly Hills ~Ocean Dream ASL.

Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

A wonderfully relaxing 'Fathers Day' Williams Superlather sunday shave.

The Parker 22R/Derby Premium duo paired together very nicely with no issues making an efficiently smooth duo. The derby premium sharp smoothness felt the same as it's first outing,after the near bbs shave yesterday i only really needed 2 passes + a pick up pass but carried on for the sheer pleasure. A superb shave making my sunday morning a very pleasurable one.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Sunday 16th June

Stirling Piacenza
Zenith B03-A26
RazoRock Gamechanger .84
Gillette Super Stainless (Aussie Spoiler)
RazoRock XXX
Acqua Di Parma Colonia EDC

I was warned that this romantically named brush could be a bit of a lather hog so I went for the full Marco method when loading this morning. Lather absolutely everywhere and I'll probably spend the rest of the day cleaning the bathroom. But the brush was great and I thoroughly enjoyed using it. @Boru62 described it as a cross between a Semogue and an Omega boar and I think (that's) right. Plenty of backbone but just the right amount of splay for my taste. An all round great shave. Enjoy your Sunday gents.

1924983E-ECD5-4B55-9E7C-1D60229102F0.jpeg

SOTD: 16/06/209
0ab6e405849fb6e7cc36bd4601c3a23b.jpg

Sunday morning shave with Viking soap Old Norse, lovely clean barbershop scent. Fantastic performance in every sense[emoji108]

[emoji843]Viking Soaps - Old Norse[emoji610]
[emoji843]DS Cosmetic Treasure Island/Boss Knot
[emoji843]Charcoal Goods Lvl 2 Stinger [emoji843]Polsilver Stainless (1)
[emoji843]Master Blue Aftershave[emoji610]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday, 16th June 2019

Muhle R41- wtg, R89 - atg
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
L'occitane Plisson brush
Hawkins & Brimble elemi and ginseng shaving cream
Hawkins & Brimble elemi and ginseng balm

A nice and comfortable BBS shave. I recently discovered Hawkins & Brimble shaving cream and I liked it so much I went back to the store and bought the body wash and after shave balm too.
Performance is similar to Tabac which for me is the benchmark all other shaving creams and soaps are compared against. Easy to lather, slick and the lather last easily for the duration of the shave.
As for the smell, it smells like Eau Sauvage edp in which, just like the shaving cream, the main ingredient is elemi, a type of resin. If I'd have to describe the smell in one word I would say classy. Two passes, no nicks or weepers, some alum feedback. The balm has no alcohol and smells the same like the shaving cream. Great stuff, highly recommended.
Happy Father's Day !

16/06/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Reef Point Soaps Espresso
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Razor: Blackland Dart
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Grapefruit & Black Pepper
Aftershave: CK One

Dart RR400 Espresso.jpg

A superb Sunday morning Shave.
Up today to do the honours is the Blackland Dart - I need the practice, I also decided to use the Reef Point again as I believe it was me and poor loading yesterday that let the soap down.
Today I added shavings of soap pressed into the bottom of the Giles and let it bloom with a few drops of water, i also used the Fantastic RR400 synth, this can be a lather monster. Well - Boom!! you were right @Satanfriendly a great soap and thank you, massive amounts of beautifully slick shiny Lather, i actually like the scent. Putting it on the chin i knew it was going to give me the protection i needed.
The Dart still loaded with the Voskhod needs total respect, it is probably the most efficient razor i have and that Blade feel is always present. Today was no exception, although i did have 3 wonderful (very careful) passes leaving me BBS without any issues, Nothing from the Block and a nice post shave routine, finishing with the Barts and CK One. Mission accomplished.
A very close shave, I am feeling good, I smell good and I am ready to Visit the Mothership.
Have a great day all.

Back
Top Bottom