SOTD: Saturday 15th -Friday 21st June 2019.

Saturday 15th June 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush:- Stirling Soap Company Best Badger
Soap/Cream:- Wickhams Buddha Wood soap
Razor/Blade:- Oneblade Genesis / Feather FHS (2)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EdP:- CopyCat Oud Intense

158627b79a783991fb9731635164f939.jpg

Off into Glasgow for a works day/night out.

A sublime shave immediately before I walked out the door.

Feeling and smelling great, though I think I've put a tad too much Oud Intense on. Hopefully it'll die down a bit....[emoji2371]

Have a great day folks!

• Le Coq
  • Voskhod (1)
  • Prep
  • Chiselled Face - Summer Storm (sample)
  • NOM Black Fibre
  • Stirling Rambling Man AS Balm
  • Loris - So Oud
Shaving with this latest acquisition was, ehhh, scary, it feels like the blade, and only the blade stands on your skin, not a hint of feeling there is a razor attached to it! I kept repeating every 2 seconds 'No Pressure, NO Pressure at all!' to myself, one turn WTG one ATG, and i did not dare any more, even the extra layer of Prep under the soap was needed in my opinion to keep it manageable. This is one scary razor, the cage hanging down could better be placed over the blade ;-)
Well, whatever my jitters, a very clean shave in two turns, BBS even, maybe i can like this one after some more use, just one red line where i hesitated with the razor.
The soap is outstanding, i really want it, the first two shavings with this i was doubting the very unusual smell, but the more i use the sample, the more i love it

15/06/19

Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Nivea Men Cream
Pre: Wilko Oil
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase

Maiden outing for the 3one6. I've chosen to use the red aluminium handled version first. To let me focus on the razor, I've selected hard and software that consistently works for me. Pretend the wood is white and we also have the colours of the Union Jack - very apt for this razor's first run.

A very comfortable two pass (WTG/ATG) with pick ups. No weepers and minimal feedback from the ASL. I'm sporting a DFS+.

I can't gauge a razor after one shave but I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed this shave and I look forward to using the razor again. Based only this single experience, the 3one6 reminds me of my GC84. It looks so much better with its red handle though.

I'm now justified in my purchase and would like to thank the availability of cheap consumer credit for letting this shave happen!
135e8b9c1181aded73d9b4fd7c277503.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

PannaCremma Nuavia ‘Verde'
Wild West Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
ATT S1/Hempel titanium barberpole handle
Merkur SS #4
Argan Oil

Finished the soap sample whilst impressed I wouldn't pay £50 for it considering there are soaps by Adriana & Evans that are of equal quality for half the price. Nice shave finished with a few drops of Argan oil to moisturise. [emoji106]

Sotd - Saturday the 15th of June -

Sotd-15:6:19.jpg

Ever Ready Stropping Set - early 1950's.

Sotd -

Razor - Ever Ready 'Streamline' - ( yes - I know they can have other names - let's for the sake of simplicity - call it that.)
blade - Every Ready 'Corrux' (1)
soap - Salter 'Lavender' - tallow - hard soap
brush - A.P Shave Company 24mm 'Silksmoke' synth
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Bart's Lavender lotion
scent - Quorum edt.

Result - peerless.

I was going to tell you all about my new razor and brush - but - some shaves should be left to speak for themselves. BBS - two passes. We'll come back to it.

Enjoy yours all - I.

@Wayne Pritchard

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS F.W. Engels Leader Solingen Fulll Hollow 13/16th ( Freshly Honed )
Fitchrd Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Maiden Shave This Morning with My Newly Acquired NOS F.W Engels Solingen 13/16th..An Impeccable Factory Grind this SR & Lovely Shaver..A Very Keen Edge & Super Smooth on the Skin..A Top Shelf Shaver...Its a Keeper for Sure..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:happy108:

Billy

Back
Top Bottom