Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - OSP No.08
Wk42 (4).JPG
Ok, I switch the "dodgy" Wizamet to the ERA for today's shave to see if it was me, the razor or the blade.
The brush and soap produced a great lather, nicely scented thick and slick, very nice.
On the WTG pass there was still a little bit of feeling the blade was struggling as in, instead of a nice crisp cutting feeling, it sort of rubbles through the stubble, its not an uncomfortable feeling although the feel/sound is more bassy. Its getting better though.
A nice enough 2 pass shave with a very close, comfortable, BBS finish.
The Level 3 ERA plate works well for me, although it gives a mild shave feel, very similar and efficient as my WS-D2 or PILS razors,
Happy with that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Tuesday

Think I'm done with the mildness of the gold Tech. Another Tech will be used tomorrow.

DG Apogee , possibly a feel good scent to it, although I dunno if the extra menthol I put in the splash cools that effect.

As @Crossan said about the consistency of the soap/croap, press too hard with the brush in the pot and you get about 5 shaves worth of soap loaded! Decent enough shave though! And.....I do like the smell.

Attachments

• IMG_20221018_095818__01.jpg
    IMG_20221018_095818__01.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 6
Tue18th October

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Ach Brito Mogno
Occams Hiram Commander
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This is my 3rd outing with an Occams Razor over the last few days, and honestly probably the best. Though the Oren is good, it is all about function and does not feel like a normal Razor. The Enoch is nice enough but I find that I can not always maintain a good cutting angle, so a Shave can be a bit long winded.
The bulk of the Hiram seems to disappear once in the hand, and it is tactile and quite agile. The Shave was very pleasant, and without any hassle got a super close all round finish.

2AC000AF-BA5C-4D25-A060-FB7D0C795996.jpeg

A decent start to a crap day.
Yaqi Excalibur with the P-30 (3) still in.
Yaqi Moka Express synth.
Abbate y la Mantia Buttero.

This is a very odd soap, it kind of makes a slip (as in pottery, watery clay) not a lather. But as you can imagine that works too. Had little to remove after yesterday's shave, although somehow needed a good 3 passes. I'm still unconvinced by the P-30 although it was comfortable enough. Creightons balm, no frag.

Then more work pressure, plus getting it in the neck for not having done something that wasn't my job and which I advised against taking on but was overruled by the overpaid yes man. Massive headache and eyestrain that left me physically retching. I actually lost my mind for about 3 hours. Same shit again tomorrow. Not sure how much longer I'll keep going tbh. At least my face felt nice.
View attachment 94985
I can't say much more than others already have. Do what you can control and don't worry about what you can't. DON'T let others rob you of your internal peace...........................I'm better at giving the advice than following it as I know it's easy to say but hard to apply when in the thick of it. Hang in there !

Tue18th October

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Ach Brito Mogno
Occams Hiram Commander
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This is my 3rd outing with an Occams Razor over the last few days, and honestly probably the best. Though the Oren is good, it is all about function and does not feel like a normal Razor. The Enoch is nice enough but I find that I can not always maintain a good cutting angle, so a Shave can be a bit long winded.
The bulk of the Hiram seems to disappear once in the hand, and it is tactile and quite agile. The Shave was very pleasant, and without any hassle got a super close all round finish.

View attachment 95005
Nice shave and thoughts on the Occam's razors. I had a Hiram when they were cheap and wish I held on to it........

18 October

Stirling Campania
PAA The Green Ray
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Stirling Campania balm

665C72BC-3919-46CC-B9B9-E04E7A30E870.jpeg
I got carried away as I loaded my brush this morning and quickly had a rich, thick lather that would have been good for three more shaves. My skin felt great afterwards, but the shave may have suffered a little. A good shave, but not quite as close as yesterday’s.

Tue 18
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Willy's Premium 1st
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Another superb lather from the soap/ brush combination and together with the AS...wow!
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was fantastic as well. Smooth and crisply comfortable for a bbs finish...
20221018_154135.jpg

Last edited:
This is the Feather, so called adjustable, which is I think their low cost razor, even received two Feather DE Hi Stainless blades with it. It’s very light and easy to handle, mixture of ABS resin, stainless steel and brass.
There are two blade settings, I would equate 1 to say 3/4 and 2 to 7/8 compared say to a fully adjustable razor. For me 1 was on the mild side but gave me a very acceptable shave. I tried 2 but this was for me quite aggressive but could have been my fault pressing too hard.
Worth the money? Not sure, but a good starter to wet shaving with scope to move up the scale if necessary. It should last a while too.
Brush and TFS gave a very good soft and creamy lather with a fine scent. Pick ups and 2 passes, Clinique SPF 21 moisturiser a dash of Acqua di Gio after shave and good to go.
Have a great evening fellas.

35B27DDB-A383-40F3-9727-B85631B9F0DF.jpeg

F0p5hAo.jpg

Afternoon all,
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Edwin Jagger pre shave lotion.
Brush Haryali London Modern Black Silver Tip Badger hair.
Soap Proraso Sandlewood.
Razors Razorock Hawk V3 OC plate and Leaf.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian.
Blade Derby Extra and Feather Pro.
Aftershave Davidoff cool water.

A nice shave today and experimenting with my second outing of the Hawk OC plate, I have to say I really like this plate and I think we are going to become firm friends.
I am also impressed at how long the Feather Pro blade is lasting as I have not changed it since starting my dive into the Hawk, I am used to just chucking my DE's after 3 uses but this blade is still performing well.
Proraso shaving cream always lathers well and provides a nice slick shave, a blast around my massive head with the leaf and a final rinse down with cold water followed by a pat dry.
Onto a bath in Davidoff cool water and I now look and smell Ammmaaaazzziiiinnnnnggggg.
Have a great day all.

Razor = Occam’s Oren
Blade = Kai Captain Mild ( 3 )
Brush = Chubby 2 Synthetic
Cream = TOBS Eton College Collection with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
EF4BA1D9-FBCE-49AF-A5DD-9DBCD5450B03.jpegJust a quick one today
A lovely 3 pass shave although i felt the blade a bit tuggy which is pretty weird.
Perhaps i loaded it wrong but was in a rush.
Now sitting in hotel reception waitong on the bus to the Airport.
As Usual
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom