SOTD: Saturday 15 - Friday 21 October 2022

Then more work pressure, plus getting it in the neck for not having done something that wasn't my job and which I advised against taking on but was overruled by the overpaid yes man. Massive headache and eyestrain that left me physically retching. I actually lost my mind for about 3 hours. Same shit again tomorrow. Not sure how much longer I'll keep going tbh. At least my face felt nice.

I can't begin to offer anything other than a fraternal virtual shoulder as an emotionally crutch. Two ish years ago, I moved jobs after a four year contract that I found utterly hateful - a verbally violent and physically bullying environment from the top down. Things can and do change. Opportunities do arise.

Our shaving routines and rituals give us some personal time to reflect and to let go. Keep letting it go and keep letting it out.

Cheers @pjgh and @Blademonkey much appreciated. I probably should've put the second half of my shave of the day in the MH thread in hindsight but indeed the point is that it's the shaving in the morning that keeps me going and it does give that 15 minutes of calm. Not going to lie I was actually quite scared I'd really lost it earlier but I'm back now and yes, you fellows do help. Thanks guys.

tbpWBPl.png

RAZOR: REX Ambassador Adjustable @3
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: Shore Chubster Custom 24mm Maggard 2-band badger
LATHER: Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse Shave Soap

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Bic Chrome (2)
Brush : Simpson Duke 3
SOAP: Southern Witchcraft Samhain
ASL: Southern Witchcraft Samhain Splash

A new blade and a new razor tonight. After the Henson survived the cull and returned to circulation can the Piccolo impress too? In a word, no.

I had a perfectly adequate shave, if a little harsh in a few spots especially under the nose. For a £15 razor that's a pass from me. However I'm lucky enough to have a drawer of razors better than this, so it has no place in my collection, off to someone else it goes.

Also I fear I might have started on the Samhain a little early in the month too. As much as I like it I'm starting to get a little bored and it's still two weeks short of Halloween, although maybe that's just the warm weather today talking. 20221017_221507.jpg

That's not to say the Piccolo is a bad razor

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Leaf (Astra SP 4)
Feather AS-D2 (Astra SP 1)
Mühle Sophist Horn STF
Bodyshop Maca Root Cream
Tabac AS
L’Occitane Balm

Been having 1 pass daily head shaves of late and found them to be more than presentable. A 2 pass face shave left my face DFS and felt no sting whatsoever on my dome or face with the aftershave. The Maca Root is a very underrated cream in my book.

SOTD: 18th October 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Lather: Blue's Shaving Soap.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D3)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Block rub. /Cold Water Face Rinse. / David Beckham Instinct ASL. /Nivea men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A wonderful shave from my 1960's slim twist. Gillette got it so right with their vintage DE razors.

Everything in my very eclectic shave set up this morning worked together superbly.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 18-Oct
20221017_163500.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS AP Gelousy Bulb
Soap: DG Daemon
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather HS (1)

Good shave this morning, wanted to give the handle a bash with this head, still prefer the darwin but it's a very good handle, very grippy and a solid weight.

Love the scent on the Daemon, probably my favourite DG. I've gone off the consistency of their base though, just prefer the abuse I can lay on a hard puck.

Still a good smooth finish with no irritation, hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 18/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 7th use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Lea Menthol Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Green Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

This weeks theme is long forgotten. Like many on here I have loads of soap that doesn't really get to see the light of day over my favourites. So this week I am starting from the back of the cupboard and working forwards.

Today I found some Lea menthol lurking at the back of the soap hive. Very good with no issues.

6DEE41E9-A7EC-4D50-A5D6-0140A86F30AF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom