SOTD: Saturday 14th - Friday 20th December 2019.

SOTD 20191216.
lMFFqXf.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
Razor Master "Ari" shaving soap.
Seygus Ti "Zeppelin" V2.1 0.7 / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Hema mesje (6).
Jan's Splash "Pine/Orange".

Mon 16th Dec

The Grosvenor ( 404 mixed )
Lea Classic soap
ER 1914
Gem S/S ( 2 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A very pleasant Shave with the 1914, which is very smooth and comfortable, enabling one to have a trouble free Shave.As more forgiving than a 1924 it is very easy to use with precision to eliminate all stubborn areas of growth, ending up with a great close all round finish.

IMG_0367.jpg

D676CE51-43F4-4718-A7A9-832BDED04750.jpeg

SOTD 12/16/19

Mentholated M-Bomb Monday the 16th of Decadent December provided an excellent dome and face shave. The longer handle on this gold tone Gillette Black Beauty required choking up on the handle a bit to get the back of the dome done properly. This vintage Gillette is a P-1 dating to the first quarter of 1970. Set at 7, it delivered a satisfying blade feel and easily mowed down the whiskers. I'm really starting to like this Declaration Grooming Sellout milksteak-based soap. When treated with 5-6 drops of M-Bomb, it cooled and protected all shave areas very pleasantly. The result was a complete BBS that left me feeling clean, cool, very smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Gillette Black Beauty Adjustable
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold Water rinse of face and dome followed by a scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Declaration Grooming Sellout salted w/ 5-6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with PAA's Mentholated Mysterium Serum

Monday 16th December

"Menthol Monday"

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (5)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling Kick Balm w/Menthol
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

Needed some doses of Menthol this morning, one of those mornings when I woke up sneezing all over the place. Great shave with the Gillette Platinum and BET, almost so smooth I couldn't feel a blade on my face.
Proraso Green was a soap I was never really that enthusiastic for quite a long time of owning and using the soap but I think the greater my technique has improved the more I'm appreciating the soap, I think it is actually a superb performer.

16/12/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Schick E3 Butterscotch
Blade: Vintage PAL (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Lotion & Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

3. Mon.JPG

I really enjoy shaving with this little razor. The 2nd run out for the Vintage blade and it performed very well.
3 very efficient passes marred by a tiny nick under my bottom lip on the XTG pass, quickly dealt with by the "Nix Stick", luckily its not a bad one or a bleeder. My fault as a lapse in concentration proved to be my downfall.
The lather also struggled a bit and i had to reload and face lather, again my fault as i don't think i soaked the Smog hog long enough, it turned out OK in the end.
So, another lesson learned.
BBS, nothing from the block apart from the nick and a nice comfortable finish. the Barts Balm doing its thing and finishing with the Classic Old Spice.
All's well that ends well.
Have a great Day All.

Last edited:

SOTD : 17th December 2019.

g.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap: Palmolive Classic + Arko Shave sticks. (Grated)

Blade: Personna Gem PTFE.(3)

Razor: Ever Ready 1924.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Balm + ASL.

Greetings,

This will be my last early morning shave, as from tomorrow is my last working shift of 2019!!!! YEAH!!!:giggle: ..I'll be away from the mill for a glorious 16 days, enjoying festive relaxation & spending time with family and friends...'Bring it on'!!!!

Another wonderful protective lather was created in a short space of time from the frankensoap shave sticks duo, leaving a equally superb post shave feel.

The Every Ready 1924 which i find the most assertive of all the ever ready SE razors,which took a few shaves adjusting to it's assertiveness,it also holds quite a lot of water in the cap head when rinsing,but a quick shake removes it instantly. Just like my other vintage SE ladies this vintage lady provides a pleasurable, irritation-free comfortable shave,today yet again,was no exception.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous Splash of Boots ~ Freshwood ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom