SOTD: Saturday 14th - Friday 20th December 2019.

SOTD 20191217.
EhMaIkR.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
Mama Bear's Soaps "Siberian Fir Needle" shaving soap.
iKon B1 DeLuxe / OSS handle.
Hema blade (7).
Homelikeshaving "DejaVu" ASL.

Tue 17th Dec.

RazoRock Syn.22mm
Vitos Super Red
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I feel rather fortunate to own a TNNSER 3D, which delivers great Shaves. IMHO feels like a cross between a 1924 and 1914, and today with the benefit of a rich creamy Vitos lather it delivered the kind of quality finish the equal of those I get with the best of my Vintage SE Razors.

IMG_0379.jpg

Tuesday 17th December

"Tabac Tuesday"

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - 7AM Sharp Durablade Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling Kick Balm w/Menthol
AS - Akcay Tobacco

First time using this blade, and not an occasion to savour. On the first pass, the blade felt reasonably smooth but for the next 2.5 passes it got progressively rougher - I imagine down to the teflon coating going.

Maybe there's a reason why obscure Bangladeshi blades aren't that popular...

17/12/2019

Pre: Hot Shower

Brush: Simpson Chubby 2

Soap: Proraso Red

Razor: Blackland Vector

Blade: Feather PB (8)

Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel

Balm: Superdrug Aftershave Balm

Aftershave: Old Spice Pure sport

https://i.postimg.cc/XJ8MMqKV/5-Wed.jpg

And that's why the Vector is up there with the best of my Razors.
A very efficient, comfortable 3 pass shave leaving me BBS with a great post shave feel.
I enjoyed that!
Have a great Day All

E0661E16-7E03-4AF3-8EBC-84011C92EA2A.jpeg

SOTD 12/17/19

Vintage shave number 17 of Decadent December was decent, but only because of the soap, brush and AS all of which elevated the shave experience despite a very mediocre three and a half pass dome and face scraping performance by the Gillette Thick handled Tech. The Star DE that I shaved with two days ago was a much more efficient tool. American Safety Razor Corp, it's designer and manufacturer just didn't have the marketing muscle to compete with the Gillette behemoth. I found the Tech to be a very mild, inefficient shaver, necessitating broad scale buffing to clean up its ineffectiveness after completing my normal three pass shave. In any case the shave soap and Viking Silvertip Badger generated a thick, protective, luxurious lather. The result left me feeling clean and refreshed, but nowhere near as smooth as I like.

RAZOR: Gillette Thick Handle Gold Tech
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub of face and dome with PAAs Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Talbot Marlogue Wood
POSTSHAVE: Cold water rinse followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Marlogue Wood AS Splash

Last edited:
Cyril R. Salter Solid Soap
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Old
Gillette Silver Blue #1
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Pitralon Classic after shave

Aside from those of us who choose non-tallow soaps, I'd argue that everyone needs to have a crack at this soap. It out performs other more expensive ones out there; including MWF, imho. Beautiful lavender scent behind a rich lather, which eventually leads to a great post-shave feel.

The Old, as always, did the business with a fresh GSB. These blades, along with Med Preps, are fast becoming my favourite.

3D741A38-69C2-4DA0-96FE-26BD804FB669.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom