SOTD: Saturday 14th - Friday 20th December 2019.

17/12/19

Razor: Supply V1 #2
Blade: Personna PTFE (2)
Brush: dscosmetics 2 Band
Soap: P&B Achilles Last Stand
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: L'Oréal Ice Effect
ASB: Real Shaving Co.

IMG_20191217_191930.jpg

Another easy shave with the Supply. The finish wasn't as good as last time but that's due to me not paying attention during the shave. I can see this razor being a favourite over the years.

Usual P&B performance. The scent is nice but not strong. P&B are known for their mellow scents and I'm all for that but this one could have done with a little bit more strength (my humble opinion, of course).

Sotd-17-12-19.jpg

Sotd - Tuesday the 17th of December

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Slim Aristocrat (3)
blade - Wilkinson Sword (4)
brush - Kent BK2
soap - PAA CaD - vegetarian
post - rose water toner
a/s - Manantiales de La Toja
blam - Nivea sensitive Cool Gel Hidrante.

Result - bona. Head and face shave.

Don't be strange - troll in! A mimsy zhoosh-up of an evening shave - vada, vada his comely young eek - nante riah - nante riah. Nante more barbershop. Smelling all butch - dragged up? - no - I was dressed quite casual really. Ha ha - bona - enjoy your shaves - I.

Date:- 18 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Le Grand Chypre
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

Wednesday 18th December

Proraso Sensitive Pre shave
Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Yaqi 24mm 2BB Brush
Focus R28 Slim Al Razor
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Williams Aqua Velva AS

It has been a while since I used a shavette so it was good to see that I haven't lost the touch!
3 passes for a great smooth and close shave

SOTD 20191218.
ly5DYzN.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
TDS "Cream: lavender wood-resinous" shaving soap.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
Hema blade (8).
Rebul "Lavanda" EdC.

16F3EEBC-E121-4D7B-BD21-6E3D1A268B8C.jpegC0279FC3-C0C7-480A-B965-3B1A9028E0A1.jpeg

SOTD 12/18/19

The 18th of Decadent December started off with a dynamite shave with my LeCoq Cage Head razor. The razor delivered a mid-aggressive, highly efficient face and dome shave. I was a bit concerned that the smooth handle would be slippery during the shave process, but had no problems. The Viking brush whipped the Wholly Kaw King of Oud into a wonderfully scented yogurt-like, shiny, thick consistency. The razor sliced through my whiskers and delivered a two and a half pass BBS. Washing my face with the brush squeezings left my skin feeling soft. An alum block check revealed no hot spots. I feel clean, extremely smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: LeCoq Cage Head
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse of face and dome followed by a scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Snake Bite

Back
Top Bottom