SOTD: Saturday 14th - Friday 20th December 2019.

Proraso M&E pre-shave
Valobra Tallow (forgot to include in photo)
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS Non-Folding
Schick Proline P
Alum
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

I hadn't used the ‘Kamisori' for some time and my skill levels still seem to be acceptable. 2 multi-direction passes and a wee touch up. A fine finish.

10F6C741-0B50-44E1-ABAF-843431C40C7F.jpeg

SOTD 20191219.
U1owICi.jpg

Gentlemen's Tonic Mayfair "Babassu and Bergamot" pre shave oil.
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SynBad.
LYAXEYKA_73 "#2" shaving soap. *)
ATT S2 / Timeless "Plaid" handle.
Rainbow Super Stainless (1).
Brick "Aloha" AS.
*) Alexei (forum name LYAXEYKA_73) is a Russian artisan soap maker who seldomly gives his soaps a name, that is why I named this soap "#2".

19/12/2019

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Mongoose B3
Blade: Feather PB (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli
Aftershave: CK Be

7-Fri.jpg

The B3 gets a bit bad press in some forums, it is a lump granted, however, i get a fantastic shave from him.
Smooth to use and BBS finish every time. He was always a Keeper from my first shave.
Have a great Day All.

1D6441A2-9047-4DC1-84D9-FBDEF978CE4D.jpeg

SOTD 12/19/19

I have been longing, since my kickoff shave on the first day of Decadent December with my Bakelite Shake Sharp Model 1.5, my favorite razor, to shave again with it, but am constrained by my vow to use a different vintage razor each day. However, my gold tone GE Jones Shake Sharp Model 2.0 is technically a different razor, although the same design. All I can say is wow, another fantastic Shake Sharp shave. I again stacked two Feather blades and had a first class, smooooth BBS of both face and noggin. The Marlogue Wood soap is one that many have raved about. I love the scent - balsam and fir - but am not wild about the soap. It seemed to dry out my skin. I did not experience the residual slickness of my favorite MWF or any of the Declaration Grooming milksteak-based soaps remaining after a shaving stroke clears away the surface lather. I'll give it one more chance, but it currently doesn't compare to my favorites. The AS Splash is a different story. My wife, who's fragrance intolerant, has always remarked how she enjoys the smell of our Christmas tree each year. I tried the Marlogue Wood Splash, and to my utter surprise, she liked it. Guess I'll be smelling like a Frasier Fir for the indefinite future.

RAZOR: GE Jones Shake Sharp Model 2.0
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feathers
PREP: Cold water rinse of face and noggin followed by a scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Talbot Marlogue Wood
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Marlogue Wood AS Splash

Thursday 19th December

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - MWF
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Indian GWS (4)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling Kick Balm w/Menthol
AS - Bens Bay Rum Menthol

Not a great lather today with the Zenith & MWF, I probably didn't load enough soap and the lather was thinner than I generally like. The blade and razor combo wasn't particularly great as well, felt sharp prickly and lacked smoothness.

Hiya,

Oh man, that little bloodsucking bastard was the first injector I ever tried many years ago and it almost kilt me! Hah, walked around with a red face for about a week before saying screw this. Damn thing put me off trying any other injectors for a few years.

Saying that, it's hard to figure how popular those older aggressive versions are......

Martin
Hi Martin,
The Canadian E2 that I have is rather minty and Shaves very smoothly. The US version that I have is quite aggressive and a bit of handful to use.
Mike B

Back
Top Bottom