SOTD: Saturday 14 th March to 20Th March 2020

Great looking Fatip Slant OC!! I am seriously considering one. Can you help and convince me why I should?

Well .....I will do my best;)

1. Its a Fatip. I really like Fatip DE razors.
2. Its shiny, looks good and is well made.
3. It shaves really well.
4. Made of plated brass....no alloy
5. If you want one....act quickly. It is very sad....but the factory is probably closed due to the lock down in Italy.Once the current batch is sold out it may some time before they can be replaced.

I still intend to use mainly SE razors....but this one will certainly be staying in my possession.

It's shiny. It's Italian. It will look great on the sink. It's a bargain.

Convinced?

NB: I do not own this razor.
Thanks....you sure help push me a bit towards the line...not yet crossed...ahem ahem

Well .....I will do my best;)

1. Its a Fatip. I really like Fatip DE razors.
2. Its shiny, looks good and is well made.
3. It shaves really well.
4. Made of plated brass....no alloy
5. If you want one....act quickly. It is very sad....but the factory is probably closed due to the lock down in Italy.Once the current batch is sold out it may some time before they can be replaced.

I still intend to use mainly SE razors....but this one will certainly be staying in my possession.
I am convinced....hahahaha! I will get it together with the Piccolo...agree it's a good price. Thanks!

Reached for the Merkur 37C today to get rid of the scruff. An efficient little beasty it is. Loaded up with a Kai SS.

I believe I will be headed on a run of CBL soaps and carrying on from Black Rose Oud today's choice Norse Spice. Light off the tub is the scent to me anyway but a typically excellent performing soap from Chris.

Simple two pass DFS achieved. Call your family and check in on your neighbours. Enjoy your shaves.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: CBL Norse Spice
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
F64CC0C2-0D8D-4AC6-9284-B300EC4AB070.jpeg

Wednesday AM 2020-03-18

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
XPEC Original shaving cream (Forester Milan version)
Paradigm 17-4
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (10)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

Regardless of what else is happening in the world, I can still have a great shave.
DxWXvku.jpg

Wed 18th March
Simpson Chubby 1 /Maggards 2band
William Mug soap
PAL Injjectomatic
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S lotion

The PAL is regarded as an aggressive Razor, but is really quite smooth when fitted with a Proline blade. So today's Shave with a fresh blade was very nice, with a super close finish.

7096791C-3B07-4917-BCA0-CD6AA2815F77.jpeg

18 March 2020 - morning:
Normally only shave every third day but today I wanted to see whether I can manage a really close DE shave (following Monday's cartridge shave). So out came the MÜHLE R89 and Proraso Aloe Vera Cream. Worked really hard and apart from one or two spots it was actually almost a BBS result. The R89 helps a lot not being too aggressive - could do almost four passes without nicks or irritation. And the Proraso cream is excellent.

Bold = change from last shave
Brush: Badger no name
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: BIC Platinum

Pre-shave: Nuage Shaving Oil
Shave Cream: Proraso Aloe Vera
Alum Block: Ajanta
After Shave Balm: Bustamente

And the theme for my middle of the night shave was based on the Teletubbies 'Again again again'

View attachment 52557

Tinky-Winky - Stainless Colonial General
Laa-Laa - Schick Proline
Dipsy - Razorock 400
Po - Signature Soaps Londinium

What do I know about the Teletubbies? Everything. Having two little granddaughters there is no choice in the matter. I am always impressed by how they extend the length of the shows by repeating the same scene preceeded by the words 'Again again again!'. Annoying. As if it isn't already a torturous activity having to sit there with the little ones in a state of pseudo enthusiasm.

A grumpy granddad

Anyway, same accruttements as my previous shaves and very much a case of 'Again again again'. And 'Again again again' a stonking great shave with blissful results.

Surely not? And even more politically incorrect with coronovirus.

Be well everyone and.... hide the best you can

Attachments

• D90EC1CA-A18E-49A0-97A5-08D254771003.png
    D90EC1CA-A18E-49A0-97A5-08D254771003.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom