Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Valet VC1 Gold
Blade: Despined GEM PTFE (9)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, EO Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac EDT

P3140015.JPG

I enjoyed my Tabac Tuesday with the very mild but efficient Valet.
Another Box made up to hold this razor as it came on its own from across the pond.
If you are thinking about trying a Valet, i would say go for it, you will not be disappointed, the blades are easy enough to de-spine and the blade lasts a long time, YMMV of course
Enjoy your Day All.

Tuesday 17th March

Simpson 'The Colonel' - Le Père Lucien Cèdre-Orange - Fatip Slant OC/7 O'Clock Super Platinum - Segno EDP

It's St Patrick's Day....I have managed to get some leave (Although the neighbours are looking at me suspiciously).......and 12 years ago today my wife and I became an item!
We can't even go anywhere to celebrate.It looks like it will be a quiet night in with some Wine/Guinness (delete where applicable)

I mainly use SE razors but I like Fatip DEs and when I heard that they had released a slant......I had to get one. Today was it's inaugural outing and I was not disappointed.
3 passes for a perfect finish....although I could have stopped at two

Tue 17th March.

Jayaruh No67
Tabac soap
Schick E2- Canada
Schick S/S - Japan [ 1 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

Having spoilt myself by having Twin Bladed Shaves, I just had to put a fresh blade in the E2. Used a single Japanese Schick, brought in error as the packaging for the Twins is almost identical.Anyway the blade was excellent in the E2, the Shave being very smooth and I had no problems getting an ultra close all round finish.

IMG_0613.jpg

Last edited:
FB0EA47F-44CE-411D-A316-9CF9D625ED20.jpeg
Prep: Bath
Pre: Proraso Red
Soap: Clubman
Scuttle: QShave
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor: Rex Ambassador/Astra SP (2)
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Nivea Sensitive

After yesterday‘s smooth shave, today's was a bit rough. The only thing I'd changed was the soap, from MWF. I used the same settings on the Rex (2.5,2.5,1). There was definite feedback from both the alum and the ASL. I've thrown the blade and tomorrow I'll try a different blade, dial the razor down and go back to MWF.

17/3/20

Soap - Tabac
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp India (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Akcay Tobacco

First shave in 3 days as I've been down with an ear infection. Felt good to get the growth off my face and even though the 7OC PS isn't the smoothest blade out there the results really were superb, maybe down to Tabac producing such an exceptional lather.

I hope you're all having a good day chaps.

Tuesday AM 2020-03-17

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/WRH7
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (9)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
vBQHbxD.jpg

mObXPuu.jpg
3bxBBB1.jpg

RurxoQp.jpg
UIO9nze.jpg

Tuesday

Santa Maria Novella
MÜHLE Mint Rytmo Black Fibre
Face lather
MÜHLE Mint Rytmo DE
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Alt-Innsbruck EdC

The Alt-Innsbruck is a bit of a face freezer too; not quite up there with Snake Bite or the Mentally Vigorous, but enough to make you write ‘...[it's] a bit of a face freezer too;'.

Nice and smooth with two-thirds of the MÜHLE Birthday set; which pairs well with my GSBs.

Stay healthy and safe, everyone.

0A3843DA-B895-4301-B062-01EC814876CB.jpeg

Last edited:
17/03/20

Razor: RR Lupo
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw V2 G4
Soap: P&B Achilles Last Stand
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: L'Oréal Skin Purifier
ASB: RSC

IMG_20200315_145457.jpg

I rather enjoyed using the aluminium Hawk V2 so thought I'd give the Lupo a go. It's a very nice razor and a bargain at £30. I'm sporting a blood-free BBS finish from 3.5 passes.

Tuesday 17th March

Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Bowl - 3D Printed Bowl
Razor - Ikon Shavecraft 101
Blade - Gillette Nacet (1)
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL

I hadn't used my Ikon 101 for some time -- mostly because it isn't as efficient as other razors in my den. Tonight though, paired with a fresh Nacet it did the business on three days growth in smooth style
Palmolive Classic Cream always performs to a high standard for me - good protection, glide and post shave.
Finished with the inexpensive Forest Fresh ASL - low cost with high performance.

@Digimonkey . . . . Nacet blade seems to be the key to getting the best from the 101 (for me at least)

Back
Top Bottom