- Tallow + Steel Classic Two
- Vie-Long 16510
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Tüff red aftershave

:D

SOTD : 13th March 2021.

View attachment 66267
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face Lather.
Lather : Phoenix & Beau ~ Citra Royale Shaving Soap.
Blade : Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Muhle r41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser/ Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend....After the uncertainty of losing my job there has been a glimmer of hope after our union had another meeting the outcome was that our management have been told plan that they still have adequate funding for our plant, despite it's main lender going into administration. those that are furloughed return to work in April on a 3 day week rota for 4-5 weeks due to covid-19 working rules and because the weakness in the market....we have been guaranteed work until the end of the year, after that it's uncertain...Not the best outcome by a long shot but at least i have something until i can get something with more stability and when it comes along I'll bite the bullet and go for it! regardless of my employer..

Carry using the Silver Star SS, another blade from the lord camp...A excellent razor/blade combo feeling very smooth & assertive...The P&B Citra Royale soap i haven't used for a while it provided me with a excellent slick protective lather with a really nice fragrance throughout each pass leaving a wonderful post shave feeling to my face.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

keep smiling

SOTD : 13th March 2021.

View attachment 66267
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face Lather.
Lather : Phoenix & Beau ~ Citra Royale Shaving Soap.
Blade : Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Muhle r41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser/ Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend....After the uncertainty of losing my job there has been a glimmer of hope after our union had another meeting the outcome was that our management have been told that they still have adequate funding for our plant, despite it's main lender going into administration. those that are furloughed return to work in April on a 3 day week rota for 4-5 weeks due to covid-19 working rules and because the weakness in the market....we have been guaranteed work until the end of the year, after that it's uncertain...Not the best outcome by a long shot but at least i have something until i can get something with more stability and when it comes along I'll bite the bullet and go for it! regardless of my employer..

Carry using the Silver Star SS, another blade from the lord camp...A excellent razor/blade combo feeling very smooth & assertive...The P&B Citra Royale soap i haven't used for a while it provided me with a excellent slick protective lather with a really nice fragrance throughout each pass leaving a wonderful post shave feeling to my face.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
That's some good news and allows time for you to seek out something else...if you have the urge.

Sat 13th March

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
P & B Spitfire
ES Claymore V1- Ikon Handle
Kai Pro Touch MG [ 1 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

My first use of this Kai blade. For a first use very smooth and comfortable, and upper face finish superb- the neck not so good but I always have difficulty with The Claymore in that area.
I use guarded blades in some Razors where I need a longer Shave to clear my heavy beard, as with them I can work away without getting weepers or irritation. Initially the Kai seems smoother than the Feather Proguard, but will need to see if performance is justified in difference in cost.

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_20210313_103829_9~2.jpg
SOTD 13th March 2021

Razor - ATT Windsor CR
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Simpsons Luxury shaving cream
Brush - Alpha Outlaw in copper fitted with a silver tip fan knot.
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Polo Red - Ralph Lauren EdT
Mouse - Random House mouse

A lovely shave with the Windsor Copper "R" Razor fitted with a Souplex blade it made for a close but comfortable shave with a BBS finish.

Enjoy your weekend chaps :cool:
IMG_20210313_104030_5~2.jpg

Paul.

160239609_576389813281353_797180569300995386_n.jpg

Oops - Officer Doofy posted this in the wrong week's list. First time since I joined though, so not too bad :ROFLMAO:

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: London Oatcake Lavender Melt (from Newbie Box)
Brush: Multicolour DS Cosmetics handle with 26mm Ubersoft know
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
It would be churlish to say the GSB blade is anything other than superb. Even better on its second day if I'm honest.
The oatcake soap makes claims regarding no need for post shave moisturising etc. but it didn't feel as good as the Signature soap - or indeed the Stirling I've been using. Blob of Nivea brought everything back into balance. I'm now feeling in the pink, and ready to roar on the team this afternoon. Dewch ymlaen Bois!

Todays Shave Kit Saturday 13th March 2021

Shave Score 9.6/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Lycanthropy
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 3.0, 3.0)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)
Post Shave ASL: Southern Witchcrafts - Lycanthropy
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Vorlich
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Tried the new Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze brush out today, outstanding :)

Have a great Saturday !

Joe.

20483F8E-F2F2-4FE6-A1ED-BCA8782DF7A6.jpeg

How is the Mondial boar coming along? Has it broken in yet?

I have a bleached Zenith which looks similar to yours, which took an incredibly long lime to break in but once it did is a delight to use.

Well, it is an 'ok' brush. Still a terrible shedder (I'm well into a few dozen shaves now). And the bristles somehow feel 'weak'. The knot is thinner and floppier than I've expected. I like Omegas more, that's for sure.

But I really fancy this handle. And the brush actually does the job: not a lather hog anymore and is rather pleasant on the skin.

Back
Top Bottom