SOTD: Saturday 13 January - Friday 19 January 2024.

Monday

Face- Edwin Jagger DE89 + Bic Chrome Platinum
Head- Leaf + Gillette Platinum
Semogue SOC Boar
Queen Charlotte Soaps Vostok
Floid Vigoroso A/S

IMG_9600.jpeg

We have a few inches of snow up here in the north east of Scotland so why not freeze my head off as well.
Snowman GIF

And so here we are, the weekend! Hooray for weekends.

Apologies. No it isn't. That was the weekend. And here I am 2 days behind due to getting my new HiFi room back together...

20240113_103841.jpg

And getting generally lost in the world of learning about music streaming and pathetic cars. A mechanical car with a crapped out clutch and an electric car with a crapped out battery.

But since this is neither a HiFi or a motor vehicle forum the question has to be 'Did I shave?' The world could fall to pieces (and it is) and I would still find facial hair removing time. I would stand at those pearly gates (much chance, so those blackened ones will do nicely) and say, 'Yes, but I am cleanly shaved'. To a man with a big beard apparently.

And the theme is, 'pearly Gates and Pearl necklaces'

A Saturday night....

20240113_172640.jpg

Mother of pearl - Ikon B1
Pearly teeth - Gilere something or other
Black pearl - Hive-2
Pearl drops - York Swirling Soapery Vibrant Charm
She wore a pearl necklace - Collegen
He gave her a pearl necklace - Dior Homme intense

'Pearly Gates? Yeh thru the back mate. Cost you a pound entry though'

A Gillette Blue I thought. A new one on me, so I'll give it a whirl. Opened the tuck, unwrapped the blade, and, 'A what?'. It clearly says Gilere on the blade. And I always thought they made motorbikes and scooters. A second look at the tuck, and, 'A what?' So a Gilere it was. Ah well in for a penny in for a ripped up face. A blade as thin as a sheet of toilet paper, but pretty damn sharp. Toilet paper isn't thank God.

Not a bad showing at first, but by the end it was already starting to give the impression 'Bin bound' as I wouldn't like to leave it in the razor for a later shave. All a bit too edgy and something not very smooth by the end. So bin bound it was. But thank you anyway to be Marie Kondo about it.

They should have stuck with motorbikes and scooters.

So I'll leave you with a bunch of ladies and one with a pink guitar wearing a pearl necklace. The others? I'll leave that one to you folk.

IMG_20240115_182505~3.jpgTried some Contour-compatible cartridges that I added to my wife's Shein order. These have the lubrastrip at the top and a button to unclog the area between the blades.
They were very good and gave a quick, easy and irritation free shave that was quite close.
It'll be interesting to see how many decent shaves I can get out of a cartridge.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Contour
Blade: Chinese copy of Gillette Contour
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Wars Sensitive
Aftershave: Wars Green Protect aftershave lotion

Monday 15th January

ABLVV84ooZlkGgL7qwQQ-T1oC4EQgVkrlPcUElcAuDQJVdeDOmllxfnILniaVwxRNNmL8gTf733wqr1CyL7kpWkyYnPdtzeJ942XlY-PRHGXPwDO5U2V-SiQkLIzXodPTMdKGaqLWeRFqVbjAHiTWoplB0uogw=w800

Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Muhle R89 w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Vidyut/SuperMax Super Stainless (1)
Pashana Aftershave

I had hoped to enjoy a week with my newly acquired Vulfix shaving soap which I used some years ago when I first came to traditional shaving and couldn't really recall why I didn't use it more. Well, I found out the reason straight away once the poor quality lather dissipated, leaving my face with a thin film of something that I can only describe as slightly tacky.

Much hot water and a snap decision to pick up my (now) favourite soap, Savonniere du Moulin and lathered up for a cracking shave. I've come to really appreciate the humble R89 and sitting on the lightweight bakelite Souplex handle gave the razor a great head-forward balance.

Have a good week, folks!

Last edited:
And Sunday's shave, which, doesn't have a photo as I remember my phone was out on power. In a similar manner to an electric car at the moment. So for this shave you can have another cryptic puzzle shave.

In this case it arrives themed, '?'

Razor

mongoose-56a0243d5f9b58eba4af22e3.jpg

Blade

20240114_202442.jpg

Couldn't find any pictures suitable for Schick and Proline......bugger, what a giveaway

Brush

shopping.jpeg

+ first letter of the alphabet :unsure:
+

Soap

+836283653639.jpg

Moisturiser

Collagen-molecule.jpg

Scent

Hermes_Ingenui_Pio-Clementino_Inv544.jpg +Emerald-green-painted-swatch.jpg ooo la la +download.jpeg

A wonderful shave

And some wonderful Japanese ladies as a treat

View attachment 115705

Second shave with a Statum Platinum Chrome and I like it a lot more than the first shave which was in a Neo Lux Schrägschnitt. This time the prep was Aqueous Cream rather than hand soap which may have helped.

Although not quite BBS ATG everywhere it's very good all over and excellent in many places. The Flexi doesn't get a huge amount of use as its often too much for my daily shaves but I'd gone a couple of days and needed to use it for this one.

I was really in the mood for the scents of the Londinium and the Brummel (not to mention the performance).

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: Puig Brummel aftershave lotion
Thank you. Best Regards, Brian

Shave of the day from yesterday.
Prep: shower
Razor: Rock well 6S plate R4
Blade: Polsilver Super Irridium
Brush: Semogogue
Soap: Signature Shaving Soaps -Galava
AS: Speick
Two pass ( with grain and against grain) to leave BBS face. 2 pass shaving routine seems to suit my skin . As usual,Signature Soaps continues to outperform most of my small collection of Soaps( Proraso, Speick, and another). Galava is slightly too sweet scented for me but am looking forward to buying my favourite Signature soap ,Hibernia, once I've used up the Galava. Or may try Geo Trumper Spanish leather or Eucris.
Cheers Pete. Back at Sale Makersmarket Sunday
Pop down if your in town
All the best for 2024
Brian

Back
Top Bottom