SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Famila Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)

There's theTiger I've grown to know and love! It feels "safe" through the Parker, but if I'm honest the quality of the Super-Max Blue Diamond recently has knocked it down a peg on the daily-use list. No doubt it was let down by the soap today though. I've been using the Artiglio sparingly as it just doesn't have the glide or coating of other acquisitions, and while I love the scent I've got better performing gear now. It made an appearance today because - oh alright, bear, claws, tiger - stretching the link but it seemed to fit. The exception that proves the rule. Not all colour coordinated/themed shaves feel better
On a positive note, I'm loving the Savage. Clean, slightly floral with a little bit of Gin & Tonic. Definitely a keeper. And talking of keepers, here's hoping ours has little to do this afternoon against Switzerland! Dewch 'mlaen bois. Cymru am Byth

I have a suspicion they are Personna Tomy blades, but Chris Boyce said they might be Personna Platinum Chrome. I used a Bluebeards Revenge blade and I was almost sure it was a Tomy, but it's been a while and my memory isn't what it used to be!

Again, it's a suspicion but the own brand blades at Boots, Tesco, Amazon are the same Personna Tomy blades.

All of which can be bought for a lot less.

My feelings as well. I used to buy Tesco DE blades many years ago They were Personnas and the description matches them exactly!

Thanks Guys !

Thanks Guys !

Shubs has jogged my memory Joe. He's right. They're Personna Israeli 'Crystals', not the PC. These are the ones you want :

I believe both blades that I've pointed you towards are made in the same plant.

Chris, I'm almost 99% sure they are not Crystals. From what I remember they are sharpest Israeli blade from that factory, the Bluebeard's Revenge was the unbranded one like the Tomy, which is the smoothest of the 3.

Thanks Tony, regards Brian

Today’s shave, after a warm shower.

Soap. ........ Saponificio Varesino 70th
Brush. ....... Simpson Berkeley 46
Razor. ....... Rockwell 6s (5)
Blade ........ Nacet
Asb ........... Baxters
Edt. .......... Mont Blanc

A superb lather from the SV. I’m sure there was enough left in the brush for another 3 pass shave. The Nacet on its 4th outing was still sharp and smooth , but retired it anyway. Finished off with a dollop of baxters and wee blast of Mont Blanc. Super smooth, smelling good ... Happy!
Stay safe, keep smiling

Last edited: