SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

Saturday AM 2021-06-12
National Poultry Day
WIUIZGK.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Paradigm 17-4
Polsilver Super Iridium (12)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave

AhW0Fdq.jpg

Hi Marco. You're welcome. How did you find the scent and performance of the soap?
Hi Mark,
Preformance was very nice, easy to work with and tons of slik lather without much effort.
I like the scent directly from the tub. The final lather it self unfortunatly had not much scent in it. I was missing a bit the explosion of scent A&E or SV soaps are preforming during the lather process.

Saturday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Pannacrema Rossa
Brush: 30 mm Hulk Synbad
Razor: Karve D Plate with Gillette Goal
Spalsh: Hega Original
Balm: Bema Balm
EDT: Lidl Homme

Late shave today as working on my Kitchen all day.

The Blade was from a batch of unusual Gillette Blades and if the rest are like this one then I am in for a real treat , found the Goal sharp and smooth a lovely blade.

Thank you @Bogeyman and sorry it has taken me so long to try one !

Last edited:
Saturday 12th June

ACtC-3fDW4jfrEy0MkJmKKkz2yzoJAKm-Frd7_d5flks7VWg7S4X4FS88C8XVTnPcmFvF-LgpKK2Bi20kcTLTUEOgwdeeTGZ4CohiHayniSP2OqzCbmaTdyTpk3zzdIRM8T3VyDG7if5_j5E0MroZzMuQ2raXw=w300-h200-no

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meissner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Rasierpaste
Yaqi Daffodil w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi SE w/Windrose Darwin Handle
Cloud Super Stainless (2)
Meissner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Aftershave

After a day playing out in the garden with the incinerator going pretty much all day, it felt right to have a shave with something super-smokey.

Just the ticket!

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face scrub and PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Geo F. Trumper Coconut Oil Soap

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia

Razor: Leaf Twig

Blade: Supermax

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

Today I returned to my beloved Twig, my face still fairly lightly stubbled after a week with the Model T. As always, with no effort, regardless of the blade, brush or soap, it cut the lot down and left my face glass smooth with no sensitivity. In fact it was so good I didn’t need a shave when going out this evening to a restaurant. Normally with a cartridge or even some DE razors I need a light one pass shave in the evening after having shaved in the morning. Not today! Just a fab razor that I can’t fault.

Attachments

• AAC8B071-304F-4F76-8312-D9E7F8048EA2.jpeg
    AAC8B071-304F-4F76-8312-D9E7F8048EA2.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 2
No pic today as I just wanted to sit back, get in my groove and just enjoy!

Pre-shave: hot shower
Soap: Faena Menthosycus (fig and mint - an absolutely divine summer scent for me)
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave: Alum
ASL: Faena Menthosycus

What a perfect way to start the weekend - BBS in 3 passes, super slick lather, creamy, just so good. Don’t you just love it when it all comes together?

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Trail
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Back
Top Bottom