SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

199980342_841129250098627_9173549442552289706_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Famila Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)

There's theTiger I've grown to know and love! It feels "safe" through the Parker, but if I'm honest the quality of the Super-Max Blue Diamond recently has knocked it down a peg on the daily-use list. No doubt it was let down by the soap today though. I've been using the Artiglio sparingly as it just doesn't have the glide or coating of other acquisitions, and while I love the scent I've got better performing gear now. It made an appearance today because - oh alright, bear, claws, tiger - stretching the link but it seemed to fit. The exception that proves the rule. Not all colour coordinated/themed shaves feel better ;)
On a positive note, I'm loving the Savage. Clean, slightly floral with a little bit of Gin & Tonic. Definitely a keeper. And talking of keepers, here's hoping ours has little to do this afternoon against Switzerland! Dewch 'mlaen bois. Cymru am Byth
Listen Real Madrid GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 12th June 2021

Shave Score 10.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Esteem - Barbershop (Care of @Boycie83 ’s Emporium :))
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Bluebeards Revenge (1)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud - Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms- Cruachan- Lime Essential Oil
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Ok Wow Is All I Can Say!

I have a selection of around 20 different DE blades and love/like all of them, for different reasons, in different razors.

A box of 10 blades that I have ignored since they arrived for free along with a purchase took my eye today, they are called Bluebeards Revenge, they are plain with no printing and I thought ok lets have a go with one of these.

Expecting the worst, but hoping for at least no nicks/burn etc I threw one into the RR GC .84 SB.

Combined with a new soap, this blade was amazing, I’m not one to rush a pass in any direction but this blade positively encouraged it!, Its the first blade I have ever used that felt as easy to move ATG as it was WTG.

Looking into these blades they cost £29.99 for a 100, so very pricey, and they are PTFE coated, which I’m assuming accounts for the super easy glide in all pass directions, I will use it again tomorrow to see if it‘s a one shave blade :)

Even if it is a one shave blade I might buy a few more as an occasional treat, like my Feather blades are.

So in closing a FF/BBS Shave, the closest I can recall for a while.

Have a great weekend all.

Joe

View attachment 71554

I have a suspicion they are Personna Tomy blades, but Chris Boyce said they might be Personna Platinum Chrome. I used a Bluebeards Revenge blade and I was almost sure it was a Tomy, but it's been a while and my memory isn't what it used to be!

Again, it's a suspicion but the own brand blades at Boots, Tesco, Amazon are the same Personna Tomy blades.

All of which can be bought for a lot less.

Save yourself some money Joe. I believe they're rebranded Israeli Personnas:

My feelings as well. I used to buy Tesco DE blades many years ago They were Personnas and the description matches them exactly!

I have a suspicion they are Personna Tomy blades, but Chris Boyce said they might be Personna Platinum Chrome. I used a Bluebeards Revenge blade and I was almost sure it was a Tomy, but it's been a while and my memory isn't what it used to be!

Again, it's a suspicion but the own brand blades at Boots, Tesco, Amazon are the same Personna Tomy blades.

Thanks Guys !

Thanks Guys !

Shubs has jogged my memory Joe. He's right. They're Personna Israeli 'Crystals', not the PC. These are the ones you want :

I believe both blades that I've pointed you towards are made in the same plant.

Shubs has jogged my memory Joe. He's right. They're Personna Israeli 'Crystals', not the PC. These are the ones you want :

I believe both blades that I've pointed you towards are made in the same plant.

Chris, I'm almost 99% sure they are not Crystals. From what I remember they are sharpest Israeli blade from that factory, the Bluebeard's Revenge was the unbranded one like the Tomy, which is the smoothest of the 3.

12/06/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #3.5, #2, #3
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Baxter's of California
Aftershave: Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 71548
Today i replaced the Ruthlessly sharp Kai out for an Astra SP to give the PFA a fair go, it would not be fair to use a blade i usually use in a mild razor.
This week i am using @BrianH Signature soaps as they not only perform brilliantly every time, the scents are just perfectly balanced to my nose, so my favourite, the Coria was chosen today.
I decided on a bowl lather in the Heavyweight Captains choice with the C5 Smog Hog so i could really enjoy the scent while i was mixing it up, and boy did it deliver on both scent and volume of wonderfully slick, shiny Lather.
I started the shave with the razor set on 3.5 as it has been billed as milder than the Rex, It sythed through the stubble with ease with a tiny bit of blade feel, mainly on the bottom lip line, an indicator for me as how much blade exposure there is, definitely manageable.
The "slip/glide" of the razor was much nicer than its maiden outing, probably down to technique and the lather slickness, the handle did not feel as grippy today? A face check indicated it had most certainly done its job.
I dialled the razor down to #2 for the XTG pass, although for me this was too mild for my liking, so it was adjusted up to #3 mid pass. A very acceptable finish and i could have got away with that, however, i had half a bowl of wonderful lather and instead of just doing some touch up i completed a full ATG pass, which felt pretty smooth, during the rinse off i noticed a small graze under the chin, my fault. Hopefully everything will click through the week and i dial it in to my technique.
A quick cold water rinse, followed up by a nice post shave routine to finish off the shave, although i do have to say the Baxter's is a bit - Meh! probably worth the £2 i paid but no more, you really only need a tiny bit otherwise it leaves the skin tacky.
All in all a very capable razor for very little money, leaving me with a close comfortable BBS finish, if i was to change anything it would be to get rid of the coating and leave it all naked, shiny Brass, which would probably make it cheaper still.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Thanks Tony, regards Brian

Today’s shave, after a warm shower.

Soap. ........ Saponificio Varesino 70th
Brush. ....... Simpson Berkeley 46
Razor. ....... Rockwell 6s (5)
Blade ........ Nacet
Asb ........... Baxters
Edt. .......... Mont Blanc

A superb lather from the SV. I’m sure there was enough left in the brush for another 3 pass shave. The Nacet on its 4th outing was still sharp and smooth , but retired it anyway. Finished off with a dollop of baxters and wee blast of Mont Blanc. Super smooth, smelling good ... Happy!
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
38D23C09-5BCC-48ED-8F23-0E8926E924D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom