SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

SOTD : 12th June 2021.

113.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower /Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime Shaving Bar.
Blade : Voskhod. (D1)
Razor : Merkur 39c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /La Toja ASL./Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I haven't gave much attention to my much loved Merkur slants especially the 39c so i'll be using it with all my shaves throughout the week ,pairing it up with another Voskhod blade after the superb shaves i had in my previous weeks shaves.

The Eco Warrior soap bar provided a wonderful slick lather rubbing it directly into my stubble like a shave stick, then started to build up a lather with my damp brush adding more water to the tips of the brush continued building the lather until i got it to the consistency i like.

Another superb match with Merkur 39c./Voskhod duo.

I find the Voskhod doesn't feel aggressive when shaving with them, but give an efficient performance feeling very smooth throughout the shave.

A enjoyable close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 12 SOTD
Cream SuperMax Menthol
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade SuperMax Blue Diamond 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Very nice lather from the cream. Lightly scented & cooling but very creamy and very slick...
Shave with razor paired with the blade at setting 9 for 3passes was very enjoyably smooth and comfortable. Managed a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Good aftershaves as usual.
20210612_110354.jpg

12/06/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #3.5, #2, #3
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Baxter's of California
Aftershave: Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk24 (1).JPG
Today i replaced the Ruthlessly sharp Kai out for an Astra SP to give the PFA a fair go, it would not be fair to use a blade i usually use in a mild razor.
This week i am using @BrianH Signature soaps as they not only perform brilliantly every time, the scents are just perfectly balanced to my nose, so my favourite, the Coria was chosen today.
I decided on a bowl lather in the Heavyweight Captains choice with the C5 Smog Hog so i could really enjoy the scent while i was mixing it up, and boy did it deliver on both scent and volume of wonderfully slick, shiny Lather.
I started the shave with the razor set on 3.5 as it has been billed as milder than the Rex, It sythed through the stubble with ease with a tiny bit of blade feel, mainly on the bottom lip line, an indicator for me as how much blade exposure there is, definitely manageable.
The "slip/glide" of the razor was much nicer than its maiden outing, probably down to technique and the lather slickness, the handle did not feel as grippy today? A face check indicated it had most certainly done its job.
I dialled the razor down to #2 for the XTG pass, although for me this was too mild for my liking, so it was adjusted up to #3 mid pass. A very acceptable finish and i could have got away with that, however, i had half a bowl of wonderful lather and instead of just doing some touch up i completed a full ATG pass, which felt pretty smooth, during the rinse off i noticed a small graze under the chin, my fault. Hopefully everything will click through the week and i dial it in to my technique.
A quick cold water rinse, followed up by a nice post shave routine to finish off the shave, although i do have to say the Baxter's is a bit - Meh! probably worth the £2 i paid but no more, you really only need a tiny bit otherwise it leaves the skin tacky.
All in all a very capable razor for very little money, leaving me with a close comfortable BBS finish, if i was to change anything it would be to get rid of the coating and leave it all naked, shiny Brass, which would probably make it cheaper still.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Today's shave:

rdt210612wmjt9.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Lime|Lavender|Cedarwood
- Nightdivers Purple/Blue Swirl Silvertip
- Alpha Outlaw M with Tibam handle and Feather blade
- Myrsol Formula C aftershave

:D

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 12th June 2021

Shave Score 10.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Esteem - Barbershop (Care of @Boycie83 ’s Emporium :))
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Bluebeards Revenge (1)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud - Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms- Cruachan- Lime Essential Oil
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Ok Wow Is All I Can Say!

I have a selection of around 20 different DE blades and love/like all of them, for different reasons, in different razors.

A box of 10 blades that I have ignored since they arrived for free along with a purchase took my eye today, they are called Bluebeards Revenge, they are plain with no printing and I thought ok lets have a go with one of these.

Expecting the worst, but hoping for at least no nicks/burn etc I threw one into the RR GC .84 SB.

Combined with a new soap, this blade was amazing, I’m not one to rush a pass in any direction but this blade positively encouraged it!, Its the first blade I have ever used that felt as easy to move ATG as it was WTG.

Looking into these blades they cost £29.99 for a 100, so very pricey, and they are PTFE coated, which I’m assuming accounts for the super easy glide in all pass directions, I will use it again tomorrow to see if it‘s a one shave blade :)

Even if it is a one shave blade I might buy a few more as an occasional treat, like my Feather blades are.

So in closing a FF/BBS Shave, the closest I can recall for a while.

Have a great weekend all.

Joe

D7262A86-0DCE-4CF3-A78E-A6C79704893F.jpeg

Saturday, 12 June

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup. It was a nice slow and relaxing way to start the morning. Have a good start to the weekend folks.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 12th June 2021

Shave Score 10.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Esteem - Barbershop (Care of @Boycie83 ’s Emporium :))
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Bluebeards Revenge (1)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud - Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms- Cruachan- Lime Essential Oil
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Ok Wow Is All I Can Say!

I have a selection of around 20 different DE blades and love/like all of them, for different reasons, in different razors.

A box of 10 blades that I have ignored since they arrived for free along with a purchase took my eye today, they are called Bluebeards Revenge, they are plain with no printing and I thought ok lets have a go with one of these.

Expecting the worst, but hoping for at least no nicks/burn etc I threw one into the RR GC .84 SB.

Combined with a new soap, this blade was amazing, I’m not one to rush a pass in any direction but this blade positively encouraged it!, Its the first blade I have ever used that felt as easy to move ATG as it was WTG.

Looking into these blades they cost £29.99 for a 100, so very pricey, and they are PTFE coated, which I’m assuming accounts for the super easy glide in all pass directions, I will use it again tomorrow to see if it‘s a one shave blade :)

Even if it is a one shave blade I might buy a few more as an occasional treat, like my Feather blades are.

So in closing a FF/BBS Shave, the closest I can recall for a while.

Have a great weekend all.

Joe

View attachment 71554
Save yourself some money Joe. I believe they're rebranded Israeli Personnas:

Back
Top Bottom